X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    I hope Kuntar stays for the senior season, he is a blue collar player, love to watch him mix it up. If he leaves he will be spending time eating pizza on the bus to Utica. Why leave for that. Stay and look for success that a team like BU has had this year. Overall the last three years the program has underachieved, stick around and look for better outcomes next year.
    I have mixed feelings on Kuntar. On one hand, he was a good faceoff guy, was strong on the puck, and provided a decent amount of offense for a team who sometimes struggled to create. On the other hand, I thought he had a habit of disappearing for long stretches in games and took way too many dumb penalties at some really inopportune times. A second line center should never be leading your team in penalties and their penalty kill sucked so it hurt them a lot. Along those same lines, I don't think he has the best hockey sense

If Gauthier stays, I'm fine with kuntar leaving. If Gauthier leaves, there will certainly be a couple holes up the middle they'll need to replace in the portal

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    I hope Kuntar stays for the senior season, he is a blue collar player, love to watch him mix it up. If he leaves he will be spending time eating pizza on the bus to Utica. Why leave for that. Stay and look for success that a team like BU has had this year. Overall the last three years the program has underachieved, stick around and look for better outcomes next year.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Seacaptim View Post
    Brown must project 4 years out, lest we keep churning portal veterans and losing our most talented younger players. Assuming Gauthier remains for this coming year, we likely lose Gauthier, Powell, maybe Gasseau (Bruins pick), and perhaps one of the 3 USNDT freshman after next season. It may be too late, but we should add some “college” players who plan to stick around for 3 years. Am not sure what kind of talent is available at this late stage, but we need to transition away from 3rd line “Grad” transfers who add little, and block development of younger players.
    I have used Michigan and Minnesota as examples but they seem to have figured out the roster construction dilemma over the last couple years. It looks to me like Pandolfo is on a similar path. BU does have a lot of seniors so we will have to see on that next year but they should be good again.

Leave a comment:

• Seacaptim
    replied
    Kuntar is likely signing with Bruins which does not surprise.. So we need at least one top 6 type forward, and not a third liner.

Leave a comment:

• Seacaptim
    replied
    Brown must project 4 years out, lest we keep churning portal veterans and losing our most talented younger players. Assuming Gauthier remains for this coming year, we likely lose Gauthier, Powell, maybe Gasseau (Bruins pick), and perhaps one of the 3 USNDT freshman after next season. It may be too late, but we should add some “college” players who plan to stick around for 3 years. Am not sure what kind of talent is available at this late stage, but we need to transition away from 3rd line “Grad” transfers who add little, and block development of younger players.

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    I highly doubt GB would cut up to 6 players without knowing who he is going to replace them with. Tomorrow underclassmen can enter the portal. I agree with you 100% that the portal has not been great for BC. Benson has been the best pickup. Although, supposedly we passed on Matt Brown. GB has a lot of ties with college players and I expect he will do a lot better in the portal versus the last two years. He can also offer a legitimate chance to win a Natty!

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    If you identify the right mix of portal players ok. Bengtsson would be a good addition. But thus far the portal hasn't exactly worked for BC. I think the defense will be pretty good next year. Fowler on paper is very good. If you're telling me Gauthier returns and then you have Gasseau/Smith/Perreault/Leonard that's some good talent. Better hit on the portal additions though.

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    At some point I think we will see the best players stay 2-3 years again. NHL expansion will stop, their rosters will fill up with younger players and already more euros are getting into the NHL.

I like the MLB model of making your draft picks make a decision out of high school, either turn pro or go to college for 3 years and re-enter the draft.

I’m optimistic that Cutter will return as should Kuntar and Powell. It makes no sense for any of the three to give up what should be a fantastic senior season to get the **** kicked out of them in the AHL. Where are guys like Hardman and Gilmour? Both should have returned.

The portal gives BC a chance to have a decent senior class. There might also be some very good players at lesser programs that GB knows will jump at a BC offer. If 6 players are going into the portal, GB must have a few portal or soon to be portal players he really likes and can get. It’s worked great for our top 20 baseball team!!!

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Ya I will never have a problem with a coach doing this. It's not youth sports. Especially in this era where players have more freedom than ever to get up and leave the program and NIL etc. The bottom line is nobody is simply guaranteed to participate in college athletics. If you like the school you're at, stay and work towards your degree. If you want to try and continue playing college hockey go for it. See if you can find a home. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but chances are you aren't moving on to professional hockey.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    We’ll, looks like Brown is about to get aggressive in roster building. I like the mentality. Brown wants to bring in his own guys who will fit the style he wants to play. My guess is we’ll see a lot of depth players move on, maybe a couple surprises. Will be an interesting couple of days/week

https://twitter.com/bchockeyblogger/...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

https://twitter.com/bchockeyblogger/...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

Leave a comment:

• Seacaptim
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Both these games might end up going to OT and this could still be the worst HE semifinal night i can remember
    Quite dull to watch. Remember the good old days of BC, BU, Maine and UNH with packed Garden crowds. What was the attendance like last night, as the cameras neglected to show?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Both these games might end up going to OT and this could still be the worst HE semifinal night i can remember

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Quinnipiac is the old UNH of the ECAC

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    Happening for a long time yes but not like it is now. The elite players come with a one or two year mindset, BC built their championship team with 4 year players for the most part. Coaches have to manage their rosters like a GM in the in the pros. It is a different environment and while many fans lament the change it is not going back to the way it was.
    Over the last couple years I would say Minnesota and Michigan (Denver too but they don't quite get the blue chip talent the other two get) have figured it out. I can't stand the people who combat that and say they haven't won a national title (not directed at you). It's very difficult to win the whole thing. Both those teams were in FF last year and have a great chance at returning to this year's FF. It doesn't guarantee you will win the whole thing but maybe those schools have figured out the formula. At least from a blue blood perspective. BU is great this year but now we see if Pandolfo can keep it going consistently. BC should be a lot better next year and then we see if Brown knows how to manage the roster. York struggled with that at the end.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Happening for a long time yes but not like it is now. The elite players come with a one or two year mindset, BC built their championship team with 4 year players for the most part. Coaches have to manage their rosters like a GM in the in the pros. It is a different environment and while many fans lament the change it is not going back to the way it was.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X