X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
    Okay, maybe they have some recruits coming in, but the coach is a slouch. Sorry a .442 winning percentage is less than desirable.
    If you expected anyone to go into MC and immediately turn around a bad program with a terrible arena, then I don't know what to say. But the last three full seasons that MC has played, he's completely changed the roster, as well as completely changed the attitude there. They won 5 games in his second season, then the COVID year happened. Last year, they finished 6th in HE, winning 19 games in total. This year, they finished 2nd, winning 23. They have a better record than Lowell, the last two seasons. Maybe they'll drop back a bit next year, but I respect what Borek's doing over there. The goal is to always keep improving and keep increasing the expectations. In college, that obviously isn't easy as players come and go (and ever tougher with the portal in play). But that's just how I see it.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    We'll see. Can't necessarily take a lot from recruit rankings (but it does give you an idea), and they have a few more four star commits than our one. They also have 15 commits that could come in from 2024 and on, so they could get better. Their coach isn't a slouch either, so that will also help them.
    Okay, maybe they have some recruits coming in, but the coach is a slouch. Sorry a .442 winning percentage is less than desirable.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post

This x1000.
    Merrimack students may be on to something though, 12 graduate/Senior students on the current roster. So the chances of MC being back to the garden are slim and Merrimack being equivalent to hockey East toilet paper seems accurate.
    We'll see. Can't necessarily take a lot from recruit rankings (but it does give you an idea), and they have a few more four star commits than our one. They also have 15 commits that could come in from 2024 and on, so they could get better. Their coach isn't a slouch either, so that will also help them.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Brian Chambers enters the portal.
    That one hurts. Was hopeful. Best of luck to him

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Brian Chambers enters the portal.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied
    I can honestly say that I was happy to see Merrimack lose their first game. This tournament has been mostly garbage, and generally I would have rooted for the HE teams, but the Merrimack student section absolutely disgusted me at the Garden, so I was OK with them getting their asses handed to them.
    This x1000.
    Merrimack students may be on to something though, 12 graduate/Senior students on the current roster. So the chances of MC being back to the garden are slim and Merrimack being equivalent to hockey East toilet paper seems accurate.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    If Meehan does leave, at this point, we're looking at potentially not a single NHL draft pick on the roster for Lowell in the 23/24 season. That's the first time in a while.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Season recap: Plenty of highlights, not enough goals for UML (lowellsun.com)

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Kaiser signs with Trois-Rivi?res Lions in the ECHL.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    I can honestly say that I was happy to see Merrimack lose their first game. This tournament has been mostly garbage, and generally I would have rooted for the HE teams, but the Merrimack student section absolutely disgusted me at the Garden, so I was OK with them getting their asses handed to them.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Korencik Locks in ATO with Iowa Heartlanders - UMass Lowell Athletics (goriverhawks.com)

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
    UMass Lowell's Ryan Brushett has entered the NCAA transfer portal. 1-9-10 in 24 games in second season as River Hawk. Will look to play fifth season at third college (UML, Nebraska Omaha).

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    I've heard rumors of the non-conference schedule for next year. To say the least, it's underwhelming.
    I mean what i saw before posted here was underwhelming. I can't imagine the western schools are all rushing to schedule hockey east and Bazin has shown repeatedly he's willing to sympathy schedule to programs. Wasn't stonehill on next season's schedule the last time it was posted here?

Not exactly shooting high.

edit: back in the day... I guess I always hoped for 5 ECAC 1 AHA 4 western. I get the feeling these days it is (based on 10 OOC games) 2 western, 5 ECAC, 3 AHA. My heart would like 6 western, 3-4 ECAC, 0-1 AHA fudging back to 4 west 5-6 ecac, 0-1 AHA depending on the year. AHA I lump in eastern independents. Western I do lump in the alaska schools regardless of issues. My western preference would be a better program but I'd settle for ones with good historical backgrounds. I know if said a two set with MTU or WMU most people would run for the hills but I'd be intrigued. But if we can't get a DU/CC set or a Big 10 team every once in awhile or North Dakota, etc. Man...

sounds like the nightmare scenario in play? 2 UAA, 4-5 AHA and 5-6 ECAC? I forget how many conference games we play anymore. is it 24?
    Last edited by Patman; 03-24-2023, 03:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    I've heard rumors of the non-conference schedule for next year. To say the least, it's underwhelming.
    They better win those games. If they go to Alaska Anchorage, I hope Norm takes advantage of the exemption rule and schedules two more (home) games.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X