X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScottK
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Any progress on the hiring of the new assistant coach?
    Mike McMahon reported this a week ago:

UMass Lowell will hire Eric Sorenson to replace Taylor Nelson, who left the staff earlier this offseason to take a job at Augustana. Sorenson is a former goalie — something Norm Bazin said he wanted in the candidate — who has been at Holy Cross for the last two seasons alongside Bill Riga.

Sorenson, 33, played at Western New England from 2010-14 and began coaching at Nazareth College in 2014-15. He was there through 2018 and spent two years at Williams College (2018-20). Sorenson was the inaugural head coach at D-III Rivier for one season before he took the Holy Cross job.

Holy Cross advertised the opening for Sorenson’s replacement yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Any progress on the hiring of the new assistant coach?

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post

The first home game will not be Homecoming Weekend. It will be either the final weekend of October, or potentially the weekend before that.
    Thanks for the correction.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    The Hawks will be on the road during October. The first home game will be November 4th, Homecoming Weekend.
    The first home game will not be Homecoming Weekend. It will be either the final weekend of October, or potentially the weekend before that.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    The River Hawks will open the 2023-24 season at Alaska Anchorage.

From the STH email:
    Things we can tell you – the season will begin Saturday, October 7 in Anchorage with a two-game series with UAA (for those looking to travel to Anchorage for the trip, we are not planning a coordinated trip at this point). We also know we will be spending the first weekend of 2024 in Tempe for an Arizona State hosted tournament (January 5-6), for those looking to get a head start on booking road travel!
    Last edited by boblav1; 05-28-2023, 11:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FiveLetterBird
    replied
    Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
    Matt Brown signed a PTO with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on April 14.

https://www.phantomshockey.com/trans...own-signs-pto/
    Thanks. Knew I had to be missing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied
    Matt Brown signed a PTO with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on April 14.

https://www.phantomshockey.com/trans...own-signs-pto/

Leave a comment:

• FiveLetterBird
    replied
    Am I crazy or did Matt Brown never sign after BU’s season ended? Not that we care much about him I just don’t remember seeing news about it and as I’m looking now, I still see nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    The UMass schedule is out, a decent non-conference schedule.

March 1 - UMass @ Lowell
    March 2 - Lowell @ UMass

2023-24 Hockey Schedule - University of Massachusetts Athletics (umassathletics.com)
    Last edited by boblav1; 05-12-2023, 10:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Mark Divver @MarkDivver
    Owen Fowler, LW, UMass Lowell,to Devils development camp

Mark Divver @MarkDivver
    San Jose development camp invites
    Steven Holtz, D, Michigan
    Brehdan Engum, D, UMass Lowell
    Bradley Marek, C, Ferris State
    Cam Thiesing, RW, Ohio State
    Jack Horbach, RW, Wisconsin

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Brad Elliott Schlossman @SchlossmanGF

Today's updates:
    WMU G Will Hambley to Alaska
    Lowell F Blake Wells to AIC
    LSSU F Logan Jenuwine to AIC
    No new portal entries. There are 8 days left for non-graduates to enter the portal.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    With tonight's walkoff win in baseball over UMass (after blowing an 8-2 lead in the top of the 9th), Lowell has officially clinched the Kennedy Cup after UMass won it the previous 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Sad news.

Jimmy Connelly @jimmyconnelly
    Sad to learn that former @hockey_east Rookie of the Year Peter Vetri, a goaltender who played at both
    @RiverHawkHockey and @QU_MIH passed away suddenly this week. Read back to the story I wrote in 2005 when he won ROY. Beat out Chris Bourque for the award.

Former UMass Lowell, Quinnipiac goalie, 2005 Hockey East rookie of year Vetri passes away unexpectedly at 37 - College Hockey | USCHO.com
    Well ... f...

RIP, Peter. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. Way too damn young.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Sad news.

Jimmy Connelly @jimmyconnelly
    Sad to learn that former @hockey_east Rookie of the Year Peter Vetri, a goaltender who played at both
    @RiverHawkHockey and @QU_MIH passed away suddenly this week. Read back to the story I wrote in 2005 when he won ROY. Beat out Chris Bourque for the award.

Former UMass Lowell, Quinnipiac goalie, 2005 Hockey East rookie of year Vetri passes away unexpectedly at 37 - College Hockey | USCHO.com
    Last edited by boblav1; 05-07-2023, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    According to the Omaha 2023-24 schedule press release, the Hawks will be playing in the ASU Desert Classic next season, January 5 & 6.

The Mavericks will open up the second second half of the season at the Desert Hockey Classic, January 5-6. It will be Omaha's first regular season tournament action since winning the Brice Alaska Goal Rush championship in October of 2016. The Arizona State hosted tournament will also feature Harvard and UMass Lowell.
    Mavericks Release Full 2023-24 Hockey Slate - University of Nebraska Omaha Athletics (omavs.com)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X