X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottomdweller
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    My thoughts on the non-conference schedule.

Alaska-Anchorage - Swept us last season at home. Playing up there won't be any easier. Lowell hasn't been there since 2003, and hasn't played in the on-campus rink since 1981.
    Colgate - won the ECAC tournament, should be tough games. When they came here in 2019, Lowell lost in OT and had a 0-0 tie.
    Army/Bentley - Meh. Lowell has won 11 straight against Army, their longest current winning streak against any 1 team.
    Holy Cross - Lost in the Atlantic Hockey Championship Game, so they're not complete pushovers. Lowell hasn't played at HC since 1980.
    AIC - Won Atlantic Hockey 4 years in a row before last season, don't look past them.
    ASU/Harvard/Omaha - Harvard lost to Colgate in the ECAC title game and made the NCAAs, Omaha finished 3rd in the NCHC

Yes, there are some games that Lowell should win easily, but it's not like there are all cupcakes. I could see Lowell going 8-3 or 7-4 in these games.
    If we all expect (which I think we do), that Lowell will be a middle of the pack team and need a bit of luck to get into the tournament, this is probably accurate. If you think Lowell should be a top tier team (which I don't think anyone does), that record would be a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Meh. Lowell has won 11 straight against Army, their longest current winning streak against any 1 team.
    Oh man, this probably won't age well. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    My thoughts on the non-conference schedule.

Alaska-Anchorage - Swept us last season at home. Playing up there won't be any easier. Lowell hasn't been there since 2003, and hasn't played in the on-campus rink since 1981.
    Colgate - won the ECAC tournament, should be tough games. When they came here in 2019, Lowell lost in OT and had a 0-0 tie.
    Army/Bentley - Meh. Lowell has won 11 straight against Army, their longest current winning streak against any 1 team.
    Holy Cross - Lost in the Atlantic Hockey Championship Game, so they're not complete pushovers. Lowell hasn't played at HC since 1980.
    AIC - Won Atlantic Hockey 4 years in a row before last season, don't look past them.
    ASU/Harvard/Omaha - Harvard lost to Colgate in the ECAC title game and made the NCAAs, Omaha finished 3rd in the NCHC

Yes, there are some games that Lowell should win easily, but it's not like there are all cupcakes. I could see Lowell going 8-3 or 7-4 in these games.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Congratulations to the team for taking care of business in the classroom.
    https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/art...demic-team.php

Leave a comment:

• FiveLetterBird
    replied
    The OOC schedule is dreadful to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• UMLSec123
    replied
    Tough league schedule to start the season but that OOC schedule? Big yikes. A single loss to any of them will deeply hurt us.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Per Mike McMahon:

Bentley is set to hire UMass Lowell associate head coach Andy Jones to become its next head coach, sources tell College Hockey Insider.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Wow, a tough stretch of league games to start the season. Two games with UConn, BC, BU and Merrimack from October 27 through November 18.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    River Hawks Challenged by Busy Travel Schedule and Tough Competition in 2023-24 - UMass Lowell Athletics (goriverhawks.com)

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied
    Holy Cross men’s hockey assistant coach Sorenson moves to UMass Lowell for same job with River Hawks:

https://www.uscho.com/2023/06/19/hol...h-river-hawks/

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    UMass Lowell hockey program bringing in talented eight-skater class (lowellsun.com)

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Not what you'd like to read about the Lowell baseball program, as a player believes he was kicked off the team because Coach Harring has shown racist behavior.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Eric Sorenson joins UMass Lowell hockey staff as an assistant coach (lowellsun.com)

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    I wonder if Norm is thinking of adding another paid assistant due to the change in the NCAA rules.

Mark Divver @MarkDivver
    Like a number of schools, Providence College planning to add a fourth full-time paid coach to men's hockey staff after July 1, in accordance with change in NCAA rules. Nate Leaman has talked with some prospective hires

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Mike McMahon reported this a week ago:

Thanks, I missed that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X