No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2022-2023: Valley Steamroller Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m curious to see where everyone’s heads are at about this game. Nervous? Optimistic? I keep going back and forth myself.

Comment

• As I was talking to my father yesterday, if the defense can play like they did and Grigals stands on his head again... theres always a chance. The style Merrimack plays with away from Lawler, gives for a lot of shot opportunities as they spread themselves out. As long as we dont get them scoring quickly like the prior 2 games i think itll be a slugfest.

Comment

• 1. Our goalies have this maddening habit of letting in 1 or 2 bad goals a game, usually early. You could tell last week that Grigals was locked in right from the start. That needs to be the case again today.
        2. Get people to the net. Ollas tends to let up some rebounds, we need to have people there to cash them in (and also to take away his eyes on the initial shot).
        3. Do something on the power play besides taking 2 minutes off the clock.
        4. Control the faceoffs. Lowell is 7th in the nation in faceoffs, Merrimack is 9th worst. Those are 50/50 pucks that you need to control.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Nervous. Merrimack had our number a few weeks ago. We've been playing from behind against them in both games, never once having a lead. Play with the passion that you played with in the first at UConn. Don't play like you did in the second and third against UConn.

Most importantly, play like your season is on the line. Because it is.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• alright guys, turn it up a level if nothing more than to end the last 40 minutes of Merrimack love fest on the NESN feed
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• And that’s a wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveLetterBird View Post
                And that’s a wrap.

I hope not but I don't see how it is anything other than a random play. I'm just generally disappointed

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• I wanted to wait till the end of this game before I made any judgements but we are pretty much at the end. Lowell is about to get shutout in the garden. I’m not calling for Norms head AT ALL. What I am calling for is a new strategy. We are about to get shut out on the biggest statue in the league. How can we even begin to take ourselves serious at this point? I

Comment

• Nice shot... overtime looms.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• I don't think we have the tools in general but I'm damn glad they don't give up the fight

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Easily best period played tonight for lowell.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• they're reviewing it as courtesy but... man... tough break and good effort.

edit: looks like grigals tendency to move too far might have been what did it in the end, I'd have to look at it again and closer. Blah.
                          Last edited by Patman; 03-17-2023, 10:48 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• That was a heavyweight matchup right there. Great bounce for Mack on the shotblock going right back onto their stick.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Proud of the team. They fought tough, skated hard, bad break. Until next season.
                              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Lowell was just a few bounces short here and there all season long.

They should be fine next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X