RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Texas Rangers

When Bob Short uprooted the Washington Senators (the 2.0 Senators) and took them to Texas, a few of us were hoping they'd be named 'the Shorthorns.'

Saturday's game is the game Saturday. Keep your eyes on the prize.
    Last edited by fr. joe; 03-01-2023, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• This should be an incentive for the team to win on Saturday.

If we lose, the title may be "RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season".

More suggestions are still wanted.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        This should be an incentive for the team to win on Saturday.

If we lose, the title may be "RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season".

More suggestions are still wanted.
        At least our off season will start later than 3 other ECAC teams! I do not like this one game elimination at all (unless of course we win)
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

At least our off season will start later than 3 other ECAC teams! I do not like this one game elimination at all (unless of course we win)
          To be picky, the other two Saturday games could have loooooong OT. (I suppose that the Friday game could too.)

I don't like the 1-game format either.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• If I'm the home team, I don't mind the one game format.
            We need to have the same kind of support that we had for the freakout.
            I hope we can get Klee back for the game.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

To be picky, the other two Saturday games could have loooooong OT. (I suppose that the Friday game could too.)

I don't like the 1-game format either.
              I liked it once a long time ago when we were seeded 10th and traveled up to Vermont who was seeded 1st. Other than that, it just plain stinks. Relies far too much on chance when a longer series usually favors the better team.

Comment

• Yale is 1-13 on the road and in neutral sites. Their only road victory was against Princeton.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I liked it once a long time ago when we were seeded 10th and traveled up to Vermont who was seeded 1st. Other than that, it just plain stinks. Relies far too much on chance when a longer series usually favors the better team.
                  Actually Vermont was seeded 7th and we then beat Harvard who was seeded 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    Yale is 1-13 on the road and in neutral sites. Their only road victory was against Princeton.
                    However, in their last 8, they are 4-4 (21 GF/19 GA).
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

Actually Vermont was seeded 7th and we then beat Harvard who was seeded 1st.
                      Yup - and seeded 10th we beat both #7 and #1 seeded teams. But i still hate the single game elimination playoff idea. i hope this experiment ends with this year and we can go back to the best 2 out of 3 for each round.

Comment

Yup - and seeded 10th we beat both #7 and #1 seeded teams. But i still hate the single game elimination playoff idea. i hope this experiment ends with this year and we can go back to the best 2 out of 3 for each round.
                        I distinctly remember that Harvard game. Jeff Gabriel tucked in the puck off a scramble in front of the Harvard goal in OT. The home crowd was completely shocked while the very loud RPI cheering section went nuts. Those were the days when we really travelled well and sometimes took over opposing rinks. This was a playoff game so Bright was full, but for many regular season games we'd have nearly as many people at Harvard as they did.
                        Last edited by rpi82; 03-02-2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Yes, I was at that game. Back in those days, there was a group called Friends of RPI Hockey that used to sponsor bus trips to away games. That was the one (and for me the only) time that I ever saw us beat Harvard at Bright. I just remember looking at some of the faces of the Crimson fans after that game looking totally in shock. Didn’t they change the rule after that season that the Regular season champions got an automatic bid to the NCAA’s?

Comment

• The distribution of tickets for the game tomorrow seems awful. First off, if you just go to the schedule on the website, the link for tickets is broken. I didn't even know you could buy them until I googled tickets for the game, which brings you to the RPI alumni website (here), which appears to be the only way to get tickets online. It notes on there that all tickets are general admission (and also if you show up at the field house trying to buy a ticket its cash only).

I honestly don't remember what it was like last year, but it seems very strange to me they can't just open up their normal ticket buying site for this. I know I went to the games at Harvard for the playoffs last year buying tickets was very simple (and they even called me at the beginning of this year to see if I wanted to buy tickets next time RPI came to Harvard).

Between this, and a tough weather day tomorrow, I don't expect a big turnout tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

I distinctly remember that Harvard game. Jeff Gabriel tucked in the puck off a scramble in front of the Harvard goal in OT. The home crowd was completely shocked while the very loud RPI cheering section went nuts. Those were the days when we really travelled well and sometimes took over opposing rinks. This was a playoff game so Bright was full, but for many regular season games we'd have nearly as many people at Harvard as they did.
                              The reason we were shocked is that we bludgeoned you guys during the regular season by 6-0 and 5-1 scores. We didn't think we were going to lose even in a one game scenario at home.

Comment

• thread has been closed.

new thread https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...the-off-season
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X