RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blue1924 View Post
    Even if he records no points in the playoffs, Sutter Muzzatti is the highest scoring RPI freshman in a decade, tying Zalewski's 21 points in 12-13 (don't think I missed anyone). 1 more point would make him the highest scoring RPI freshman since Pirri and D'Amigo in 09-10.
    Only 4 more points to go to catch Brad Tapper. Impressive.
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Only 4 more points to go to catch Brad Tapper. Impressive.
      He has that potential. What we would love to see is someone surpass Brad's goal total of 31 in a season - our last 30+ scorer.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• initial odds for next weekend round one playoff games. Brown and Dartmouth are 1.5 goal underdogs (I believe the Dartmouth game is on Friday). Union and RPI are 1/2 goal favorites on Saturday.
        Obviously rooting for both Brown and Dartmouth to pull the unexpected upsets which would seed us to play the #4 seed in the second round if we can hold the home ice advantage over Yale.

Comment

• Does anyone know how rare it is for a goalie scoring a goal in lacrosse?
          https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics/sta...32506468007936
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Our game is the only 7 PM game on Saturday. Colgate-Dartmouth is on Friday, and both the Union-Princeton and Clarkson-Brown games are at 4 PM on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Does anyone know how rare it is for a goalie scoring a goal in lacrosse?
              https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics/sta...32506468007936
              Pretty rare. Occasionally opponents will leave the goalie free with the ball and clamp down on defending his team mates...leaving him alone/free to bring the ball up field. It is pretty rare for them to cross mid field with the ball, let alone shoot or score.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Pretty rare. Occasionally opponents will leave the goalie free with the ball and clamp down on defending his team mates...leaving him alone/free to bring the ball up field. It is pretty rare for them to cross mid field with the ball, let alone shoot or score.
                It's far more frequent than hockey goalies scoring. One UAlbany lacrosse goaltender had five goals in his career. Obviously, the difference in equipment is a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  initial odds for next weekend round one playoff games. Brown and Dartmouth are 1.5 goal underdogs (I believe the Dartmouth game is on Friday). Union and RPI are 1/2 goal favorites on Saturday.
                  Obviously rooting for both Brown and Dartmouth to pull the unexpected upsets which would seed us to play the #4 seed in the second round if we can hold the home ice advantage over Yale.
                  I think it's unlikely they both pull off the upset, and I'd rather play Harvard than Cornell. So I'm probably rooting for chalk, except the 8-9 game doesn't matter for us

Of course, I think Yale is going to be a tough opponent for us. We had a 10 game losing streak prior to the freakout and will need a similarly strong performance. Luke Pearson is a very good goalie

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I think it's unlikely they both pull off the upset, and I'd rather play Harvard than Cornell. So I'm probably rooting for chalk, except the 8-9 game doesn't matter for us

Of course, I think Yale is going to be a tough opponent for us. We had a 10 game losing streak prior to the freakout and will need a similarly strong performance. Luke Pearson is a very good goalie
                    Honestly I do not expect any help anywhere. The second round is of course on the road for us and we already have avoided QU but we really would not like to play in Ithaca either. If we were home, Cornell or Harvard would present about the same challenge but on the road, central NY is not a fun place for us to travel for playoff games. As you mention, the 809 game is of no consequence for us at this time.

Comment

• At least they will know who to prepare for once the game ends, since all the other games will be over before ours. Let’s just concentrate on beating Yale before thinking about next weekend.

Comment

• Won’t be at the game Saturday. My wife got me tickets for the Rangers at the Bruins on Saturday afternoon for Christmas and it will be followed up by a nice Italian dinner in the North End. Or I could cancel all that and stay home and watch RPI-Yale . Nope. I’ll listen on the way home once I get in range. Go Red!

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                          Won’t be at the game Saturday. My wife got me tickets for the Rangers at the Bruins on Saturday afternoon for Christmas and it will be followed up by a nice Italian dinner in the North End. Or I could cancel all that and stay home and watch RPI-Yale . Nope. I’ll listen on the way home once I get in range. Go Red!
                          Definite props to the Mrs. for that Christmas gift! Enjoy the game and the dinner, we'll hold down the fort here.
                          #GoBs!

Comment

• Any suggestions for a title for the offseason thread?
                            (which hopefully won't start for a long time)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Any suggestions for a title for the offseason thread?
                              (which hopefully won't start for a long time)

RPI off-season: Can’t compete with the Rangers or the Bruins

:-D
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

RPI off-season: Can’t compete with the Rangers or the Bruins

:-D
                                Thanks. I assume that you mean the Texas Rangers and UCLA Bruins. ;-)
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X