No announcement yet.

RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyine know if WRPI is going to broadcast this weekend's games?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• On Thursday, Hannah Price from the Women's team was named a finalist for the 2023 Hockey Humanitarian Award.
      Last edited by fr. joe; 02-18-2023, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• I'm hoping somebody more familiar with the ECAC's tiebreaker system than I am can answer this.

As of the close of play on Feb. 18, Princeton is in seventh place, three points ahead of both RPI and Union, who are tied for eighth.

Next weekend, RPI and Union will both play Princeton and Quinnipiac.

Of course, there are a number of possibilities, but two of the possibilities are that: (1) RPI and Union will both lose both games in regulation, leaving RPI and Union tied for eighth place (assuming neither Yale nor Brown pull a couple of upsets against Cornell and Colgate), and (2) RPI and Union both lose to Quinnipiac but both beat Princeton in regulation, leaving RPI, Princeton, and Union in a three-way tie for seventh, eighth, and ninth.

How would the tiebreakers work in those two scenarios?

Comment

• Both scenarios work in RPI’s favor. In #1, RPI would have the tie-breaker based on 8 wins compared to 7 by Union. In #2, all 3 teams would have split their head to head matchups so the second tie-breaker is again total wins. RPI would have 9 wins and Princeton and Union would have 8 wins which would go to the third tie-breaker, which would be total points scored against the Top 4 teams. Since there is currently a tie for fourth, until the Top 4 teams are decided it’s hard to tell who would finish 8th.

Comment

• We can finish anywhere from 6th to 11th as of now. An important note: we currently hold the tiebreaker over Union and if we beat Princeton in regulation, we hold that tiebreaker as well.

Clinching scenarios (along with the simplest route to that scenario):

6th - Win both games in regulation, Clarkson loses both games in regulation (we do not hold the tiebreaker, so this is the only way)

7th - Greater than or equal points to Union on the weekend, (beat Princeton in regulation and equal their points Saturday) or (beat Princeton in OT and beat Quinnipiac in regulation and Union beats Princeton)
            Simplest route: Beat Princeton in regulation, Union loses to Quinnipiac in regulation, Union beats Princeton in regulation

8th - Greater than or equal points to Union on the weekend
            Simplest route: Beat Princeton in regulation, Union loses to Quinnipiac in regulation

9th and 10th - Four points less than Yale on the weekend, three points less than Brown on the weekend
            Simplest route: Beat Princeton in regulation

Comment

• Should be noted that I don't see us having any shot at beating Qpac, so Friday is by far the biggest game of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                We can finish anywhere from 6th to 11th as of now. An important note: we currently hold the tiebreaker over Union and if we beat Princeton in regulation, we hold that tiebreaker as well.

Clinching scenarios (along with the simplest route to that scenario):

6th - Win both games in regulation, Clarkson loses both games in regulation (we do not hold the tiebreaker, so this is the only way)

7th - Greater than or equal points to Union on the weekend, (beat Princeton in regulation and equal their points Saturday) or (beat Princeton in OT and beat Quinnipiac in regulation and Union beats Princeton)
                Simplest route: Beat Princeton in regulation, Union loses to Quinnipiac in regulation, Union beats Princeton in regulation

8th - Greater than or equal points to Union on the weekend
                Simplest route: Beat Princeton in regulation, Union loses to Quinnipiac in regulation

9th and 10th - Four points less than Yale on the weekend, three points less than Brown on the weekend
                Simplest route: Beat Princeton in regulation
                Thank you for the clear and concise summary.

Comment

• Goal yesterday by recent commit Dovar Tinling https://***********/PentictonVees/st...97446565986305. We certainly can use that now, but I am concerned that he will be outmuscled in college. I wonder if that was his problem in UVM.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-21-2023, 10:25 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Should be noted that I don't see us having any shot at beating Qpac, so Friday is by far the biggest game of the season.
                    But you picked us to beat QU in the contest. :-D
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Goal yesterday by recent commit Dovar Tinling https://***********/PentictonVees/st...97446565986305. We certainly can use that now, but I am concerned that he will be outmuscled in college. I wonder if that was his problem in UVM.
                      UVM brought him to school way too young when he was 17 years old. They were also a very bad team the two years he was there. He's not really undersized for the college level at 5'11" and 185 LBs, but he's not big either. I wouldn't be too worried about it unless we see issues with it in Troy

Comment

But you picked us to beat QU in the contest. :-D
                        Choosing RPI to win every game in that contest cost me a shot at beating you for first place :-P

Comment

Goal yesterday by recent commit Dovar Tinling https://***********/PentictonVees/st...97446565986305. We certainly can use that now, but I am concerned that he will be outmuscled in college. I wonder if that was his problem in UVM.
                          Note that he positioned himself to cut across above the crease and beyond poke-check range. That's a goal scorer's move. Many players get too deep and cut across the top of the crease against which every goalie is trained to focus on dispossessing the puck before the forward can create a viable shot. If young Mr. Muzzati learns to use his size and leverage to turn the corner a split-second earlier he'll have several extra goals per season.

Comment

• As expected the odds makers have the Princeton game on Friday as flat even. We are a 2 goal underdog to QU on Saturday. Obviously we need a regulation win Friday but perhaps this would have been moot had we had the better results against Yale and Brown that was expected. Getting home ice for the first round is just about mandatory for us but getting 7th would help us so much more.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

UVM brought him to school way too young when he was 17 years old. They were also a very bad team the two years he was there. He's not really undersized for the college level at 5'11" and 185 LBs, but he's not big either. I wouldn't be too worried about it unless we see issues with it in Troy
                              I realize that that height and weight is fine, but I wonder if the weight is accurate based upon how he looks.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I realize that that height and weight is fine, but I wonder if the weight is accurate based upon how he looks.
                                Important point you raise. That number could be inaccurate. I know I look a lot younger than my stated age and I have lied about my weight (even to myself) for years!
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X