No announcement yet.

RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Smith said on Rodger Wyland this morning that 3 of the top 4 scorers are out. Since Gagnon is presumably one of them, I think he meant goals not points. Brendan, who I do the blog with, noticed Lee didn't play the second half against Cornell, so that's another. Last one would have to be Heidemann, Walsh or Mahshie

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
      Coach Smith said on Rodger Wyland this morning that 3 of the top 4 scorers are out. Since Gagnon is presumably one of them, I think he meant goals not points. Brendan, who I do the blog with, noticed Lee didn't play the second half against Cornell, so that's another. Last one would have to be Heidemann, Walsh or Mahshie
      Great. Maybe it's a good thing that for the first time in 20+ years I didn't buy my Yale tickets ahead of time. Over that period I've only missed one game due to a Nor-easter. I've already got Freakout tickets so maybe I'll wait to see these two juggernauts in February.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Great. Maybe it's a good thing that for the first time in 20+ years I didn't buy my Yale tickets ahead of time. Over that period I've only missed one game due to a Nor-easter. I've already got Freakout tickets so maybe I'll wait to see these two juggernauts in February.
        You should still go. Maybe you can be the team's road good luck charm that we need

Comment

• Odds as of today show two very even games coming up this weekend. RPI may be 1/2 goal favorite at Yale and 1/2 goal underdog at Brown. May be our best chances for a road win. We will need a healthy team and it appears we have some scorers out so we might be best if we can keep these as low scoring games (unlike last weekend when 18 goals were scored in the two games)
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Should have added the girls are big underdogs both nights. -2.5 against Clarkson and -1.5 against SLU.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Coach Smith said on Rodger Wyland this morning that 3 of the top 4 scorers are out. Since Gagnon is presumably one of them, I think he meant goals not points. Brendan, who I do the blog with, noticed Lee didn't play the second half against Cornell, so that's another. Last one would have to be Heidemann, Walsh or Mahshie
              So despite the odds which DrD posted, Yale is a lock. ;-)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You should still go. Maybe you can be the team's road good luck charm that we need
                Stephen, You obviously haven't reviewed our record at the Whale over the last 20 years (and at QU too). I've been much better luck at the couple of home games per year that I've managed to attend. However, i will try to get to Friday's game because I only get a few chances per year and don't want to waste them.

Comment

• A bit of good news. So far no RPI players have apparently entered the transfer portal. Eight others are listed here so far https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Herrman didn't enter the transfer portal, but he's not coming back to the team, either, having fulfilled his requirements for graduation and signed a pro contract with Cardiff.

A big part of the reason why it was always easy to root for our guys was the knowledge that they were trying to cope with RPI's academic requirements, the same as I was. Can't be upset with Herrman for doing what I wanted to do.

Comment

• No present or known future RPI players appear to be on the NHL CSB midyear rankings https://www.nhl.com/news/connor-beda...?tid=277764372.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I was only able to watch the third period of the Men’s game last night because I went to the Women’s game. Despite being outshot like 49-9, the women played better than what I saw of the men. The women had a very good work ethic and never gave up against a highly ranked Clarkson team. They lost 2-1 in OT due to the faster skating Clarkson squad which made the difference in 3 on 3.

As an aside: President Schmidt was at the Women’s game and I was just told he is attending the swim meet today. I spoke to him at the game last weekend. He said he did not wish to bring up the past. I pointed out to him that I have already seen more of him at games in 6 months at the helm than in SAJ’s entire tenure. And thanked him for showing his support.

Comment

• I've watched almost every game this year on TV. I would normally drive to Brown tonight but not this year. RPI has allowed 44 ECAC goals this year - highest in the league. They have scored 26 ECAC goals this year - ahead of 6 teams. I'd report goals per game if I had my slide rule. I agree with other posts - time to alternate goalies. Puck possession and passing in all zones was weak last night at Yale.

Comment

• Extraordinarily strong correlation between the performance of the men's and women's teams in the ECAC this year....tells me that it is not an issue of coaching or current players...it is a systematic issue of each institution's dedication to their hockey programs. Yale is the outlier (strong women's team and weak men's team) but otherwise the success of the mens and womens teams line up pretty well, and RPI comes out somewhere in the bottom third.

Comment

• Originally posted by hab View Post
                              Extraordinarily strong correlation between the performance of the men's and women's teams in the ECAC this year....tells me that it is not an issue of coaching or current players...it is a systematic issue of each institution's dedication to their hockey programs. Yale is the outlier (strong women's team and weak men's team) but otherwise the success of the mens and womens teams line up pretty well, and RPI comes out somewhere in the bottom third.
                              The correlation coefficient is about .503497. If I leave out Yale (thus no 2 in women and 11 in men), I get .778195. So you are correct. For anyone who doesn't know this, 1.0 is perfect correlation, 0.0 is completely random, and -1.0 is perfect negative correlation, that is 1 in one list is 12 in the other, 2 is 11, etc.

I will try to remember to calculate this weekly.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-15-2023, 09:00 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Just looking at some numbers trying to see what is needed to salvage the season. Looks like we will need to win 6/10 remaining games to get home ice

Comment

Working...
                                X