RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    It was announced during tonight's radio broadcast that WRPI will be carrying RPI's games at Bowling Green over the holiday break. Perry Laskaris, now based in that part of the country in his role as the CCHA's Director of Strategic Communications, has agreed to serve as guest play-by-play announcer for those two games.
    Was that on WRPI??? Thought away games on radio were a distant memory much less to the furthest away ECAC game. Who made the trip???

Comment

It was announced during tonight's radio broadcast that WRPI will be carrying RPI's games at Bowling Green over the holiday break. Perry Laskaris, now based in that part of the country in his role as the CCHA's Director of Strategic Communications, has agreed to serve as guest play-by-play announcer for those two games.
      its true. Perry has to be at the game anyway, Don Lucia has graciously agreed for him to do the game

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

its true. Perry has to be at the game anyway, Don Lucia has graciously agreed for him to do the game
        I think Perry should be rewarded with a Rensselaer Medal!! If I could find it, I would give him mine from 1963! I will be looking forward to his broadcast, he was always great to listen to.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Was that on WRPI??? Thought away games on radio were a distant memory much less to the furthest away ECAC game. Who made the trip???
          It was on WRPI. The announcers were two students, but I'm afraid I didn't catch their names. Guess they couldn't get out of class on Friday in time to get to the Quinnipiac game.

Comment

It was on WRPI. The announcers were two students, but I'm afraid I didn't catch their names. Guess they couldn't get out of class on Friday in time to get to the Quinnipiac game.
            I think that one is a recent grad.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Great news !!
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                Rand pecknold to Dave smith here hold my coffee. Dude pulled his starter like a boss. Can’t blame him we pose no threat on offense. Pretty embarrassing to say the least. I bet you could hear a fart from 6 miles away on that bus ride to Princeton. Congrats to Princeton on a easy win tonight
                Embarrassing for sure. If its any consolation, Q'pac has pretty much run roughshod through their entire schedule so far this season... repeatingthe 8 goal feat vs. Union on Saturday. So far, Q's single loss was at the hands of Benny Barr's Black Bears.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Ahhh ben barr’s black bears. What could have been….

Comment

Ahhh ben barr’s black bears. What could have been….
                    Certainly not as much alliteration. :-D
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ahhh ben barr’s black bears. What could have been….
                      Dare you to say that 5 times fast! Almost as good as trying Unique New York!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I think that one is a recent grad.
                        Joe Pisacano ‘20 and William Hawkins. William is a junior I believe and both came to us via the cross country team. I trained them, but both are more technologically savvy than I will ever be
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Joe Pisacano ‘20 and William Hawkins. William is a junior I believe and both came to us via the cross country team. I trained them, but both are more technologically savvy than I will ever be
                          Over the years we have been very fortunate to have very good announcers.
                          I am sure that they have all been trained well.
                          Hats off to both the trainers and the announcers. I look forward to listening to the new group.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

You trained them to run cross country? ;-)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Article about the HFH with pictures and videos
                              https://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadi...ld-house-s1443
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-13-2022, 02:03 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Article about the HFH with pictures and videos
                                https://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadi...ld-house-s1443
                                Shame the video on the site shows the stands 90% empty. Wish they had a short clip from one of the earlier Freak Outs!

Comment

Working...
                                X