RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Princeton has surprisingly done better than everyone predicted.
    I credit the Fritz Crisler winged buckets they finally added to the home and away uniforms this year. They look pretty sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I credit the Fritz Crisler winged buckets they finally added to the home and away uniforms this year. They look pretty sweet.
      Agree. But what has worked for them from what I have seen in the two games is a very aggressive forecheck. They are ap retty quick team and get one or two forwards in deep very fast. We will need to exert some control by winning more faceoffs and getting the puck out of the zone much more quickly than we have so far this year.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• An interesting video of the HFH. https://***********/Homeicemn/status...18874241404929
        Thanks to Sezenack and others for retweeting it.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-07-2022, 02:30 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Sezenack,

Did you change your email address? A message bounced.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Agree. But what has worked for them from what I have seen in the two games is a very aggressive forecheck. They are ap retty quick team and get one or two forwards in deep very fast. We will need to exert some control by winning more faceoffs and getting the puck out of the zone much more quickly than we have so far this year.
            Doc, that is the last thing that I wanted to hear. We have a really tough time with against teams with an aggressive forecheck.
            This could be a really long weekend.
            I hope they spent the off weekend working on breaking the forecheck.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              An interesting video of the HFH. https://***********/Homeicemn/status...18874241404929
              Thanks to Sezenack and others for retweeting it.
              Its really well done... great stuff. One small quibble I have is they should have fired up the scoreboard and thrown a DP Dough ad up on the screen !! Ha ha
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Doc, that is the last thing that I wanted to hear. We have a really tough time with against teams with an aggressive forecheck.
                This could be a really long weekend.
                I hope they spent the off weekend working on breaking the forecheck.
                Perhaps the best approach for us is to make use of our forward speed. if we can threaten them with fast moving forwards up ice, perhaps they will not have all the time to send guys in on us deeply. Our defense will have to make very quick decisions when they arrive at the puck in our end - move it out on their own or pass out quickly. If they delay and play with the puck against the boards we will have lots of company quickly.

Comment

Sezenack,

Did you change your email address? A message bounced.
                  Nope still the same one. I sent you an email as a test

Comment

• For The Yale Game - girls are a 2.5 underdog and for Brown it is a 0.5 underdog.
                    For the guys we are a 1.5 underdog for the QU game and a 0.5 favorite at Princeton.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      For The Yale Game - girls are a 2.5 underdog and for Brown it is a 0.5 underdog.
                      For the guys we are a 1.5 underdog for the QU game and a 0.5 favorite at Princeton.
                      I still won't bet on Princeton. :-)
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I still won't bet on Princeton. :-)
                        Over the many years we have followed RPI hockey, we have seen some of the weirdest games and events at Baker Rink. You just can never tell. I have seen RPI come in as an overwhelming favorite, with a power house team that has beaten some of the best in the country have all sorts of problems dealing with a rather low rated Princeton team. This is almost always a road game that you can through out all the previous statistics. The building itself is almost always a frigid place to even watch a game much less play. The ice can vary from just OK, to rather poor, to simply horrible. it is however, a great place as a fan to watch a game. You are almost seated right on the ice. Unless you are up in the one balcony, you are right on top of the action. And although they usually do not draw a full hose of their own fans, they can be a truly boisterous crowd and the decibel level can be quite high. if i had to guess, this one looks like an even game that will be determined by one or two breaks or errors (or calls made by an official).

Comment

• Does anyone know why this Twitter account https://***********/rpi_puck_news?lang=en isn't searching for updates anymore? Did Elon Musk turn it off because he is a Union fan?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know why this Twitter account https://***********/rpi_puck_news?lang=en isn't searching for updates anymore? Did Elon Musk turn it off because he is a Union fan?
                            I would sincerely doubt that being a top businessman he would ever be a union fan of any sort.

Comment

• Rand pecknold to Dave smith here hold my coffee. Dude pulled his starter like a boss. Can’t blame him we pose no threat on offense. Pretty embarrassing to say the least. I bet you could hear a fart from 6 miles away on that bus ride to Princeton. Congrats to Princeton on a easy win tonight

Comment

• It was announced during tonight's radio broadcast that WRPI will be carrying RPI's games at Bowling Green over the holiday break. Perry Laskaris, now based in that part of the country in his role as the CCHA's Director of Strategic Communications, has agreed to serve as guest play-by-play announcer for those two games.

Comment

Working...
                                X