No announcement yet.

RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone needs to remind the boys a hockey game is 3 periods not 1. They look like complete crap in the 2nd. Blind passes no hustle. Wake up RPI!!!!

Comment

• Garbage hockey by RPI!!! Complete garbage! Slu is absolutely running circles around us. Getting blown out in face offs, shots, you name we look like ****. Looks like pee wee hockey where playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
        Garbage hockey by RPI!!! Complete garbage! Slu is absolutely running circles around us. Getting blown out in face offs, shots, you name we look like ****. Looks like pee wee hockey where playing.
        Totally agree.
        It was like they weren't ready for the Saints push in the second period and never recovered. There isn't one good thing you could say about there play in the last two periods.
        They all looked confused.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

• For the football fans-although heavily favored against SLU, we held on to win 10-6. Our defense has been really great all season and we go to an overall record of 6-3 and clinch a winning season. next week we get Union for bragging rights as we cannot get the automatic bid to the NCAA after losing a close one to Ithaca.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Something is very off with this team. Completely out of sync. Offense looks completely inept. Bizarre weekend of hockey by RPI. Not gonna win many games playing that kind of timid, horse **** hockey.

Comment

• just 6 shots combined in the second and third tonight and outshot 43-20 over the final two periods in both games.

This team needs to get back to basics, and in a hurry.

Comment

• Couldn’t agree more with you Vicious. I was just going to say 2 shots on goal in the 3rd tonight? Thats unbelievable. Who the hell is coaching the offense for this team?

Comment

• Harvard on Friday. They play like that and Harvard will hang 7/8 goals On them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                    Couldn’t agree more with you Vicious. I was just going to say 2 shots on goal in the 3rd tonight? Thats unbelievable. Who the hell is coaching the offense for this team?
                    The same guy that coached them in our out of conference games.
                    I am guessing that the OC schedule didn't get us ready for the ECAC.
                    After the last three games, I am not sure how to fix this.
                    But it is still early in the season and in the ECAC anything can happen.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

I am guessing that the OC schedule didn't get us ready for the ECAC.
                      That has been my thought since the schedule was released. We are no better off than the Ivy schools with their delayed starts.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Attended both games in person... agree with nearly all of the comments here. The basics went out the window -- faceoffs, shots, forecheck. Clarkson gained the zone at will vs. RPI all night long. Watson was the only reason it didn't get of hand - he was excellent. So the result is 5 scoreless periods heading into Friday's tilt against Harvard....hang on tight folks !
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• I missed the last 5 periods of the weekend - on purpose. I am glad I avoided the upset in real time. They have a couple days to turn this around for the next weekend but judging by the comments here, they have a lot of work to do.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Attended both games in person... agree with nearly all of the comments here. The basics went out the window -- faceoffs, shots, forecheck. Clarkson gained the zone at will vs. RPI all night long. Watson was the only reason it didn't get of hand - he was excellent. So the result is 5 scoreless periods heading into Friday's tilt against Harvard....hang on tight folks !
                            The schedule may be all they could handle. Lost all 3 exhibition games. Didn't dominate with 4-1 start. Better to be 4-1 than 0-5. Reward was sell out Union game and a W. Also better recruiting against AHA teams.

Comment

• Sad news - former RPI AD Bob Ducatte passed away recently. Bob of course was AD during the 1985 NCAA title run, helped create the BRF, and played major role in the renovation of the Field House in 1983.

Wishing the Ducatte family peace and comfort, and gratitude for his contributions to the hockey program and all RPI athletics.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=36979885

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post

The schedule may be all they could handle. Lost all 3 exhibition games. Didn't dominate with 4-1 start. Better to be 4-1 than 0-5. Reward was sell out Union game and a W. Also better recruiting against AHA teams.
                                Recruiting against AHA schools won't help us get to Lake Placid.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X