• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess that this is good.
    https://***********/spor_trends/stat...62611957350401
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Not much chatter here about tomorrow's match up. Union coming off of a tough road sweep at the hands of a stacked UMass squad with 14 goals allowed.
      Times Union write-up today mentions special teams troubles, particularly on the the kill...and struggling against a physical, heavy team with lots of pucks brought in between the circles and traffic in front.

As always in the cross town matchups, I think you throw the records out the window and expect two hard fought contests. If RPI can continue to use their team speed and manage to stay out of the box, I expect a win in front of the faithful tomorrow night

""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• I think it was explained to me once upon a time, but I can't remember how the W-L-T-SO-OW-OL system that the NCAA has been using for a couple of seasons translates into standings points. I thought maybe I'd figure it out once RPI played a few overtime games, but RPI didn't play a single league game that went to overtime last season. The wins were all three points and the losses were all zero.

Can somebody give us all (I suspect I'm not the only one who's still having trouble) a refresher course on how it works?

Comment

• 3 points for regulation win, 0 points for regulation loss
          Both teams get one point if the game goes to OT/SO
          The OT/SO winner gets an extra point for a total of 2 points

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            3 points for regulation win, 0 points for regulation loss
            Both teams get one point if the game goes to OT/SO
            The OT/SO winner gets an extra point for a total of 2 points
            And i put my slide rule away before this season! Good thing i still have 10 fingers and 10 toes to count on. Soon they will be giving out participation points simply for showing up.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Times Union write up on RPI heading into the weekend:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...sports-package
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• postgame interviews
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85g2KPxPtIg
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Slight change in odds listed today. Girls are a 2.5 goal underdog to Clarkson at 3-1 and boy against Union is about as even as it can get at 3-3. Football - an almost prohibitive 17.5 point underdog against Ithaca.

Comment

• Ken Schott podcast about Friday's game https://dailygazette.com/2022/10/28/...1-loss-to-rpi/
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• For the football fans - RPI played a great game and their defense held one of the best rated offensive teams to 13 points but lost to Ithaca 13-10. This one was tight all the way through and total yardage was quite low for both teams. Our boys did them selves proud as Ithaca is a top rated team. There is still a chance for us to win the Liberty League but we have to win our last two games against SLU and Union at home. Union lost to Hobart today but could throw the league into a real dog fight if they can beat Ithaca next week. In any case, we were a 17.5 point underdog today and lost by 3 in a game that could have gone either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        For the football fans - RPI played a great game and their defense held one of the best rated offensive teams to 13 points but lost to Ithaca 13-10. This one was tight all the way through and total yardage was quite low for both teams. Our boys did them selves proud as Ithaca is a top rated team. There is still a chance for us to win the Liberty League but we have to win our last two games against SLU and Union at home. Union lost to Hobart today but could throw the league into a real dog fight if they can beat Ithaca next week. In any case, we were a 17.5 point underdog today and lost by 3 in a game that could have gone either way.
                        Great performances are often overlooked when you lose. This really does look like a great effort by out football team!

Comment

• Well last night’s game was not fun to watch. Union was far and away the better team. Credit to them. The ques

Comment

• Sorry. The question for me is we’re the Engineers just having a bad night? Or did Union figure out a way to play against them and other teams will as well. We should find out pretty quickly next weekend. I was getting pretty encouraged about this team until last night. One thing is certain: it will certainly be an interesting Mayor’s Cup game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              For the football fans - RPI played a great game and their defense held one of the best rated offensive teams to 13 points but lost to Ithaca 13-10. This one was tight all the way through and total yardage was quite low for both teams. Our boys did them selves proud as Ithaca is a top rated team. There is still a chance for us to win the Liberty League but we have to win our last two games against SLU and Union at home. Union lost to Hobart today but could throw the league into a real dog fight if they can beat Ithaca next week. In any case, we were a 17.5 point underdog today and lost by 3 in a game that could have gone either way.
                              and missed two field goals.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

and missed two field goals.
                                That would have tied the hockey game. :-D

Seriously, do others think that a part of our problem was the quality of our opponents prior to this weekend compared to what Union faced?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X