RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    A rivalry weekend against Union should finally show us what kind of team we will have this year.
    Considering how different the quality of opponents so far has been, it is hard to even guess what will happen.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Early odds for next weekend have our boys a 1/2 goal favorite for Friday against Union and as of now the Saturday night game is predicted as a tie. The girls are a 2.5 goal underdog to SLU.
      In football we are a huge 18 point underdog at Ithaca. Our defense which has been so strong for us is going to have to come up really big for this one to stay close.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Early odds for next weekend have our boys a 1/2 goal favorite for Friday against Union and as of now the Saturday night game is predicted as a tie. The girls are a 2.5 goal underdog to SLU.
        In football we are a huge 18 point underdog at Ithaca. Our defense which has been so strong for us is going to have to come up really big for this one to stay close.
        What about the women vs. Clarkson?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Could not get it until late last night but girls area 1.5 underdog at Clarkson. Over the years I have found that odds makers are often far off early in the season as they seem to give a home team far more of an advantage than might be deserved. Especially in football. In hockey however, the home advantage is indeed a factor because of the last change effect so a coach can match up lines and defenses. Also ice rinks have their subtle nuances (think the HFH Zamboni door and how pucks can come off that area of the boards). But this year I must say so far they have been beyond accurate in predicting winners and point spreads in most all of our games in both sports.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Listened to Smitty's weekly appearance on Wyland's show this morning. He mentioned they'll be celebrating the 1985 championship team on Friday night....also ticket sales have been brisk (1,500+ extra seats sold) and may approach a sell out. Also regarding the USTNDP game, there were 25 NHL scouts in attendance. Also FYI, Smitty's weekly radio appearances will be posted on the 104.5 website.

""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• The Preliminary Players to Watch list was released by the NHL CSB and no RPI players or known recruits appear to be listed. I thought that Sanborn had a chance.
              https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/a...-file/file.pdf
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Listened to Smitty's weekly appearance on Wyland's show this morning. He mentioned they'll be celebrating the 1985 championship team on Friday night....also ticket sales have been brisk (1,500+ extra seats sold) and may approach a sell out. Also regarding the USTNDP game, there were 25 NHL scouts in attendance. Also FYI, Smitty's weekly radio appearances will be posted on the 104.5 website.
                The other thing Smitty mentioned was re: the Canisius game he said that he thought that RPI played some of their best hockey of the season during that game. (70 shot attempts, ~36 SOG, etc.) A few lapses led to the Griffs scoring.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The other thing Smitty mentioned was re: the Canisius game he said that he thought that RPI played some of their best hockey of the season during that game. (70 shot attempts, ~36 SOG, etc.) A few lapses led to the Griffs scoring.
                  I can see that, it happens all the time. You play a good game and get beat by a hot goalie.
                  What I am interested in, is TJ Walsh going to be the goal scorer that we have been missing for the last ten years.
                  He has looked very good so far.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

I can see that, it happens all the time. You play a good game and get beat by a hot goalie.
                    What I am interested in, is TJ Walsh going to be the goal scorer that we have been missing for the last ten years.
                    Totally agree. If we can get Mashie healed and back in the line-up at some point this fall we might have a chance to put together two lines of reliable scoring ...fingers crossed!

Comment

• For those who may have missed this week's cover story:

https://www.uscho.com/2022/10/26/thi...f-ncaa-hockey/

Comment

Listened to Smitty's weekly appearance on Wyland's show this morning. He mentioned they'll be celebrating the 1985 championship team on Friday night....also ticket sales have been brisk (1,500+ extra seats sold) and may approach a sell out.
                        That will be great. I also got a ticket for the Saturday game at Union. Looks like plenty of tickets left at Messa/Achilles.

Comment

I've been rooting hard for TJ for two reasons: (1) I've got a father and daughter that are NeU alums and a nephew that's a grad student. I want him to outscore Gunnarwolfe Fontaine so I can brag that we won the trade. (2) Smith's done a pretty good job with transfers to date. With Gornall, Ziecky, Lee and Walsh (hopefully Budy too) scoring well beyond their prior college marks, he may be able to develop a reputation for reclaiming the careers of highly skilled players that may not have fit in or were recruited over at some of the top programs. Consider it the "4*'s on the rebound" strategy. Establish success and then we might have better luck getting players of that caliber as freshmen. It would help if Addamo and Heidemann create a pattern of successfully moving up too.
                          Last edited by rpi82; 10-26-2022, 07:28 PM.

Comment

For those who may have missed this week's cover story:

https://www.uscho.com/2022/10/26/thi...f-ncaa-hockey/
                            Thanks for posting the link.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Pre-weekend interviews
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hvcwAz2E6Y
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I couldn't help but laugh at Smith after taking time to compliment Lee's strong work ethic and leadership, he threw in " We'd like him to finish some games...." i.e. not get thrown out. Ha ha. Message sent !

Comment

Working...
                                X