No announcement yet.

RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 99% sure I saw Mahshie with a sling on his arm on Saturday. It looked like he injured his shoulder when he was checked into the boards on Friday late in the 3rd period. He was down on his knees in pain for a couple of minutes in the hallway leading of the ice, after he got off the ice. Hopefully it will heal soon.

Comment

• We got 11 points in the USCHO poll!

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-m...ll/2022-10-17/
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        We got 11 points in the USCHO poll!

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-m...ll/2022-10-17/
        As usual we get little respect. Probably based on our recent performances over the past decade or so but i doubt there are many teams that are 4-0 that would not be ranked higher. This poll means nothing and will mean nothing perhaps for several more weeks or even months. I never understood how they can rank teams that have not played as yet in the top 20.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
          I am 99% sure I saw Mahshie with a sling on his arm on Saturday. It looked like he injured his shoulder when he was checked into the boards on Friday late in the 3rd period. He was down on his knees in pain for a couple of minutes in the hallway leading of the ice, after he got off the ice. Hopefully it will heal soon.
          I can confirm the sling. I've heard no details on the extent of the injury.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Considering how Maine has been doing, we may have been correct not to go after Ben Barr despite most everyone including me thinking we should have.
            Too early to make any judgements on Benny at Maine - even the most ardent Bears fan admit the cupboards were bare when he arrived. He's in full tear down and rebuild mode.
            Against Bentley the starting keeper (transfer from CCT) gave up 4 goals on 20 shots before getting yanked.. No time to lick their wounds as they have a tougher test vs. Q'Pac this weekend.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• We look pretty bad tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                We look pretty bad tonight.
                Are you watching the FloHockey stream?

Comment

We look pretty bad tonight.
                  Didn't see the game but was not shocked by the outcome or seeing two early goals from DiGrande and Bowman....you knew they'd be motivated. It sounded like the Griffs blocked a lot of shots as RPI mounted a comeback. Credit to Canisius. On to the USNDTP

Comment

• Although the RPI athletics website lists Friday's opponent as USNDTP, apparently the correct acronym is USNTDP, which stands for U. S. National Team Development Program.

The USNTDP includes both an under-18 team and an under-17 team. Their website says that the members of the under-18 team were all born in 2001, though I suspect that sentence may have been printed a few years ago and hasn't been updated.

This month, the under-18 team has defeated Michigan State, Notre Dame, Lake Superior State, Michigan Tech, and St. Thomas, all Division I schools. In their most recent outing, however, they lost to Bethel University, which as far as I know is not Division I.

Don't know what happened in the Bethel game, but my guess is that result was an outlier. The Engineers will probably have their hands full with these guys.

Comment

• lets focus on union and starting off good in leauge play

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                        Although the RPI athletics website lists Friday's opponent as USNDTP, apparently the correct acronym is USNTDP, which stands for U. S. National Team Development Program.

The USNTDP includes both an under-18 team and an under-17 team. Their website says that the members of the under-18 team were all born in 2001, though I suspect that sentence may have been printed a few years ago and hasn't been updated.

This month, the under-18 team has defeated Michigan State, Notre Dame, Lake Superior State, Michigan Tech, and St. Thomas, all Division I schools. In their most recent outing, however, they lost to Bethel University, which as far as I know is not Division I.

Don't know what happened in the Bethel game, but my guess is that result was an outlier. The Engineers will probably have their hands full with these guys.
                        To summarize, it's a program and a team full of what USA Hockey deems to be the next crop of blue chippers. We will definitely have to bring our best effort.

Comment

• Jake lee takes another 5 major gets tossed for the second game in a row.

Comment

• Kepler posted this on eLynah, I don't recall it ever being posted here, but it is quite appropriate.

https://www.amazon.com/Haunting-Hill...rmat=4&depth=1
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jake lee takes another 5 major gets tossed for the second game in a row.
                              This happened right in front of me, and unless something crazy was said by the players, it was a little harsh. The USA player involves also got a game misconduct. I think the referees decided that they weren't going to allow any nonsense after the whistle in an exhibition game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

This happened right in front of me, and unless something crazy was said by the players, it was a little harsh. The USA player involves also got a game misconduct. I think the referees decided that they weren't going to allow any nonsense after the whistle in an exhibition game.
                                I totally agree with that.
                                I saw it on tv and it looked like a two minute penalty for each.
                                There were a couple of incidents earlier in the game that might have led to the harsh penalties.
                                Now on to the ECAC schedule.
                                A rivalry weekend against Union should finally show us what kind of team we will have this year.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X