• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday highlights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p91VPqtOcf4
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I thought RPI did what they had to do last night to win. Not nearly as sharp as Friday, but I figured they would not be. Something that struck me over the weekend is this team has good depth. The guys who didn’t dress Friday came in and played well on Saturday. That should help with keeping them fresh and covering injuries. I was concerned about the short turnaround for Tuesday, but Canisius played Saturday as well. No Pres this weekend, but good to see the bigger crowd on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I like USCHO’s better as #26 is number… 26.
        And Clarkson is 0-3. Life can be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

I like USCHO’s better as #26 is number… 26.
          And Clarkson is 0-3. Life can be good.
          While it's early, even by "it's early" standards, life is good.
          #26 is actually # 27 but I get your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

Brett Riley is a promising young coach. They also have a hot goaltender: 43 saves against Northeastern and 37 against Quinnipiac.
            They have a 6'7" goaltender. He's not a Shark, he's an Octopus!

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

They have a 6'7" goaltender. He's not a Shark, he's an Octopus!
              Which also indicates they give up a ton of shots on goal - the glass in my book is half empty.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Attendance 2085 vs Army
                Better than Friday.
                Def more fannies in the seats on Saturday night. It was good to see a solid crowd at HFH.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Early line for the week - RPI men 1/2 goal favorite over Canisius with the O/U at 5.5
                  RPI women are a 1.5 goal favorite over Rochester Tech. Not sure how a team that has been shut out so often can be that much of a favorite. O/U is likewise 5/5
                  BTW the odds from the games last weekend were very predictive. We were a 3 point football favorite over Hobart (likely score predicted as 19-16) and a 1/2 goal favorite over both LIU and Army. It would appear that they have us pegged pretty well for football. I am anxious to see what they feel about our playing Ithaca in 2 weeks.

Comment

• i was never a smith believer but i have to say i am impressed with what i have seen so far.... parcells says you are what your record is and were 4-0

Comment

• Canisius is 1-3-0 to start the year. Losses to PSU and Ferris and a win vs. Ferris. RPI will be their first home game before hosting Miami this weekend. I expect they'll be ramped up and ready to play us.
                      Former RPI guys Nick Bowman and Danny DiGrande on the Griffs roster.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Canisius is 1-3-0 to start the year. Losses to PSU and Ferris and a win vs. Ferris. RPI will be their first home game before hosting Miami this weekend. I expect they'll be ramped up and ready to play us.
                        Former RPI guys Nick Bowman and Danny DiGrande on the Griffs roster.
                        All important statements. This is not a team that will simply roll over or be looking ahead. Should be the toughest game so far for us and a real indication of what kind of 4-0 team we are. it would help a bit if our injured players could be in the line up but i am sure coach Smith is not rushing anything. As opposed to some, I liked him when he came to Troy and like his presence their more now. Seems to use what he has well and makes adaptions between periods and on the fly better than many of his predecessors.

Comment

• Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                          i was never a smith believer but i have to say i am impressed with what i have seen so far.... parcells says you are what your record is and were 4-0
                          Considering how Maine has been doing, we may have been correct not to go after Ben Barr despite most everyone including me thinking we should have.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Lauri Sertti is ECAC defender of the Week.
                            https://twitter.com/ecachockey/statu...08960730554369
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Considering how Maine has been doing, we may have been correct not to go after Ben Barr despite most everyone including me thinking we should have.
                              I had felt similarly at first but perhaps it was simply a case of not doing enough research about coach Smith. He inherited a bit of a mess and then the pandemic hit (not to mention having to deal with SAJ and her responses to it). i think so far he has exceeded expectations and I am looking forward to him getting this program on track to again be the Beast of the East that we saw many years ago.

Comment

• Yes, people like to say he had a comparable record to Seth in an arguably worse league, etc etc, but don’t forget he built the team from scratch. Had to get the resources, the recruits, make inroads with alum, etc. Given the rule changes with the transfer portal and COVID, he has to keep doing that over and over.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X