No announcement yet.

RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early odds for next week - men are a 1/2 goal favorite and our girls are a 1/2 goal underdog. Football, and I find this hard to believe, we are a 27 point favorite. Must be very difficult to set point spreads this early in the season with so many unknown quantities. Perhaps this is why I usually fared better in football pools early in most seasons?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Buffalo State is 0-4 and has given up an average of 51 points per game. They lost by a score of 62-21 to the St. John Fisher team that scored three against RPI.

The Engineers have had their offensive woes this season, but I'll be surprised if they don't break out against the Bengals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        Buffalo State is 0-4 and has given up an average of 51 points per game. They lost by a score of 62-21 to the St. John Fisher team that scored three against RPI.

The Engineers have had their offensive woes this season, but I'll be surprised if they don't break out against the Bengals.
        Defense has proven itself so far - but as yet has not faced the high powered offenses of the Liberty League (Union, Ithaca and Hobart). Offense has been my concern although we are starting to look somewhat better. I am just very surprised when we are a listed as more than a 27 point favorite as we are not often a team that tries to run up the score.

Comment

• Attended both games. My impression is the team played 60 minutes both games. No let down. That is a good sign. The goalies looked good as well. I did find their inability to finish son

Comment

• We beat them 45-0, and Buffalo only gained -1 year on the ground. However, they were 21/44 in the air for 213 yards, so they are getting better.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Sorry.. inability to finish some very good plays and put the puck in the net. I didn’t see anyon

Comment

• Sorry…again…anyone who will stand out offensively. So scoring by committee is going to be the major scorer for this team. What I found very encouraging was the presence of President Schmidt at both games as a spectator…..one of the crowd and not there out of a sense of obligation. His predecessor put in time at HFH, but no more than necessary. That Schmidt was there for 2 preseason games says volumes about the new administration and is the most hopeful sign for the program in years.

Comment

• I was more encouraged by the offense than most of you. There's definitely plenty of talent on the team, and they created numerous chances. Beaton stood out to me both games and looked awesome as did Walsh. Lee, Budy, Heidemann and Mahshie were a step below them but still good. Muzzatti and Evans both look ready to contribute in the bottom 6 as freshmen. Brackett looks ready to build off last season.

The problem was really just a lack of chemistry. We didn't connect on lots of passes in the offensive zone and had trouble finishing chances as a result. That will come with time. Got a little unlucky with our lack of finish, but better now when it doesn't matter

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    I was more encouraged by the offense than most of you. There's definitely plenty of talent on the team, and they created numerous chances. Beaton stood out to me both games and looked awesome as did Walsh. Lee, Budy, Heidemann and Mahshie were a step below them but still good. Muzzatti and Evans both look ready to contribute in the bottom 6 as freshmen. Brackett looks ready to build off last season.

The problem was really just a lack of chemistry. We didn't connect on lots of passes in the offensive zone and had trouble finishing chances as a result. That will come with time. Got a little unlucky with our lack of finish, but better now when it doesn't matter
                    I don't disagree -- Smitty even referenced this sentiment in some of his post game thoughts. The team speed looks really good
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• USCHO picks us #10 in the ECAC. https://www.uscho.com/2022/10/04/eca...andemic-years/
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        What do they know? Couldn’t even spell Rensselaer correctly…

Comment

• Princeton has put individual game tickets on sale. There are special promotions listed for several of the games, including the one against RPI on Dec. 10th, which will be Teddy Bear Toss night.

The Hershey Bears have conducted a teddy bear toss for a number of years. The idea is that fans bring teddy bears to the game, and when the Bears score their first goal, the fans all toss the teddy bears onto the ice, where they are scooped up and collected to be distributed to various charities. I haven't heard of such a thing at a college game, but evidently Princeton has decided to try it.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to Princeton myself this year, but it'd be interesting if RPI scored the first goal and a cascade of teddy bears poured onto the ice.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ralph Baer;n3759651]USCHO picks us #10 in the ECAC. https://www.uscho.com/2022/10/04/eca...andemic-years/[/QUOTE

Not gonna lose any sleep over this .... not only can they not spell, but they've got Clarkson's Mucitelli listed as a "key returnee" ...at last check the kid was the odds on favorite to be the opening night starter.....in ORONO.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              Princeton has put individual game tickets on sale. There are special promotions listed for several of the games, including the one against RPI on Dec. 10th, which will be Teddy Bear Toss night.

The Hershey Bears have conducted a teddy bear toss for a number of years. The idea is that fans bring teddy bears to the game, and when the Bears score their first goal, the fans all toss the teddy bears onto the ice, where they are scooped up and collected to be distributed to various charities. I haven't heard of such a thing at a college game, but evidently Princeton has decided to try it.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to Princeton myself this year, but it'd be interesting if RPI scored the first goal and a cascade of teddy bears poured onto the ice.
                              We are looking into that game with some seriousness. i will not purchase season tickets as we so often had in the past. Several seasons ago they took away our prime block of 4 seats that we had for many years and offered us some that were horrible. Their explanation that our seats were going to be reserved for former Princeton graduates just irked me. I like when the RPI game is early in the season since the weather is normally not as bad as in February when it is often scheduled. But we reserve judgement.
                              Not sure of the Teddy Bear toss but Jenny is tiny and if I can lift her over the glass........ (I really hope she does not see this post).
                              Last edited by DrDemento; 10-04-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• C: Hallbauer
                                A: Mahshie

https://rpiathletics.com/news/2022/1...y-captain.aspx
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X