No announcement yet.

RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually it’s St. John fisher school of basking weaving. Not that anyone gives a **** what the name is.

Comment

Originally posted by Engineers View Post
      Boy the football team played a real barn burner of a game yesterday. Losing 3-0 to John jay fisher? Lol watching paint dry is more entertaining than RPI’s offense.
      Just a cursory look at the various line ups of the teams we play against, we are greatly out-sized on the line.There are teams that have 5-8 boys who weigh well over 300 pounds and heights ranging from 6'3 to 6'6. We simply do not have that kind of size this year. We are often not the biggest team but the difference is far more noticeable this year. I am certainly no football expert but i think at least as far as linemen go, weight differential is probably far more important than it is in hockey. Some of these Division III squads are almost as big as the top Division I schools. And again, i am only talking about linemen and not offensive or defensive backs.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

In honor of Mason Klee, today is 27 September 2022. There are 4 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Isn't it time to start talking about hockey here ?? Line combinations, d pairings etc. LET'S GO RED !!
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

This is the first local athlete I've seen getting an NIL deal ( a new car). I wonder if Rensselaer Honda will do a similar deal for an RPI skater....?

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...sports-package
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Anyone else still waiting to receive their season tickets ? Given the current sad state of affairs at the USPS, I have no illusions that mine will arrive before Sat. If I don't get them in time, I WILL be showing up with my credit card statement for Norris to review with me! Ha ha

Comment

I see that the ECAC pre-season predictions put Colgate fifth and RPI sixth.

Not sure how much you can tell from a scrimmage, but it may give us some idea as to whether the teams are as evenly matched as the predictions would indicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  I see that the ECAC pre-season predictions put Colgate fifth and RPI sixth.

Not sure how much you can tell from a scrimmage, but it may give us some idea as to whether the teams are as evenly matched as the predictions would indicate.
                  I consider this scrimmage like an NFL pre season game. Fans love to watch and draw conclusions but they mean very little. Why would anyone risk injury during these contests? I, too, would be interested in how a team looks during the scrimmage but would not draw any conclusions at all from it. I have no clue how either of these two teams should be ranked as yet.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Anyone else still waiting to receive their season tickets ? Given the current sad state of affairs at the USPS, I have no illusions that mine will arrive before Sat. If I don't get them in time, I WILL be showing up with my credit card statement for Norris to review with me! Ha ha
                    I know they are still working on getting some of them out because they have to call knuckleheads like me that screwed up the credit card number I put on the form . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      I was up there yesterday and the box office is severely understaffed.

Comment

I am still waiting on my tickets as well

Comment

My tickets arrived on Saturday. Expect them sometime this week.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post

I was up there yesterday and the box office is severely understaffed.
                            I will take a "wild guess" that you are correct. One, just one, actual box office employee and nothing else but two student interns. At a place with academic demands of RPI, doubt they are available all that often. Oh, then this skeleton crew has to move their base of operations up the hill to also handle the box office up there for five to six more football games a year.

A second long time box office employee retired pre pandemic, yet no replacement was ever approved. Believe there also was a third one once upon a time (at least on game days) but do not know what became of that one except that it was never replaced either.

By contrast, my small private high school whose football games draw comparable crowds to a typical RPI football game always have at least two at their "box office" (a folding table). For the rivalry game against their sister school from the next city and the alumni weekend game they have three. Unlike overwhelmed RPI box office staff, they don't even have to print tickets or answer phones and return voicemail messages. They only collect general admission money, period!!! Nonetheless, it still gets pretty frantic for them nearing game time trying to get all the customers in ASAP.

Based on seeing people that I know personally doing that for most of the Friday night lights home games, I would suggest that using the term understaffed related to the RPI box office is an understatement. It is probably more a case of being badly outgunned and having absolutely no chance whatsoever.

Comment

In honor of Lauri Sertti and Hannah Price, today is 28 September 2022. There are 3 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

I will take a "wild guess" that you are correct. One, just one, actual box office employee and nothing else but two student interns. At a place with academic demands of RPI, doubt they are available all that often. Oh, then this skeleton crew has to move their base of operations up the hill to also handle the box office up there for five to six more football games a year.

A second long time box office employee retired pre pandemic, yet no replacement was ever approved. Believe there also was a third one once upon a time (at least on game days) but do not know what became of that one except that it was never replaced either.

By contrast, my small private high school whose football games draw comparable crowds to a typical RPI football game always have at least two at their "box office" (a folding table). For the rivalry game against their sister school from the next city and the alumni weekend game they have three. Unlike overwhelmed RPI box office staff, they don't even have to print tickets or answer phones and return voicemail messages. They only collect general admission money, period!!! Nonetheless, it still gets pretty frantic for them nearing game time trying to get all the customers in ASAP.

Based on seeing people that I know personally doing that for most of the Friday night lights home games, I would suggest that using the term understaffed related to the RPI box office is an understatement. It is probably more a case of being badly outgunned and having absolutely no chance whatsoever.
                                The world has changed for ticketing. For advanced tickets and assigned seating most people do it themselves. I've ordered all my tickets on line for at least the last 8-10 years and for the last 3 they have been mobile orders only with the exception of college hockey at RPI, Yale and QU, which were all print at home operations. I'm quite surprised that RPI is still issuing hard copy tickets, but that may be an indication of the age of our general public season ticket base. My UConn season tickets are mobile only (although I understand if you do call the box office and pay an extra fee they will still print tickets). I've been to several games of the Hartford Athletic soccer team (one rather large notch below the MLS, they average about 4K per game) and the tickets are not only mobile, but if they even have an on-site box office at their small stadium I've never seen it. I went to a game for the Hartford Yard Goats AA baseball team this summer for a nearly full house (90%+) game. I stood near the ticket office for about 15 minutes waiting for my guest and saw just a handful of people go to the windows, almost all for Will Call. If it wasn't for our late offering of season tickets and our early season start complicating this year, I'd say a ticket manager and some interns (undoubtedly work-study students getting in their 10 hours per week) is about right to staff daily operations for what is at most a 1 1/2 sport (from a ticketing perspective is football even a 1/2 since a large percentage of the crowd just has to flash an ID and most of the rest just pass a Lincoln for GA admission?) school with a few extra interns to staff game night.

Does anyone else remember when the Field House box office was a year-round operation because it was a Ticketmaster site? I remember buying Yankees and Broadway tickets there. They'd pull out a big book of plastic covered seating charts and point to the location of your seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X