No announcement yet.

RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In honor of Jakob Lee and Nyle Boyce, today is 13 September 2022. There are 18 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      For the football fans - if there still some left after this past week. RPI is listed as an early 18.5 point favorite over Worcester Tech. Not exactly sure why as it is not at all clear that our offense can even score 18+ points. Hopefully the coaches will find away for us to get points on the board soon as Hobart, Ithaca and Union await later in the season and all of those teams have demonstrated that they can indeed score!
      If nothing else, it would be nice to retain the Transit Trophy, to go back into RPI's trophy case along with the Dutchman's Shoes and the Shot Glass. (I assume the Shot Glass is still in Troy, even though RPI hasn't played the Coast Guard since 2005.)

WPI pounded the daylights out of Worcester State in their opening game, 58-21, but the next week in their home opener they were shut out, 24-0, by Endicott.

Worcester State is the team that Union rang up 76 points on last weekend, while Endicott is the team RPI defeated in last year's first-round NCAA playoff game. My guess is the oddsmakers are completely discounting WPI's win over Worcester State, and are basing their prediction on WPI's and RPI's respective results against Endicott, even though they took place in different seasons.

I'm no more sure than you are that RPI's offense has the ability to score 18 points, but maybe the defense can produce a couple of pick-sixes.

Comment

In honor of John Beaton and Nina Christof, today is 14 September 2022. There are 17 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

If nothing else, it would be nice to retain the Transit Trophy, to go back into RPI's trophy case along with the Dutchman's Shoes and the Shot Glass. (I assume the Shot Glass is still in Troy, even though RPI hasn't played the Coast Guard since 2005.)

WPI pounded the daylights out of Worcester State in their opening game, 58-21, but the next week in their home opener they were shut out, 24-0, by Endicott.

Worcester State is the team that Union rang up 76 points on last weekend, while Endicott is the team RPI defeated in last year's first-round NCAA playoff game. My guess is the oddsmakers are completely discounting WPI's win over Worcester State, and are basing their prediction on WPI's and RPI's respective results against Endicott, even though they took place in different seasons.

I'm no more sure than you are that RPI's offense has the ability to score 18 points, but maybe the defense can produce a couple of pick-sixes.
          W21: we are the exact same page together so far. I cannot fathom why we cannot score. it is not the talent as this team has both passing and rushing offense similar to last year (i do not feel that we have lost much at QB from what little we have seen). But I do question the play calling. Not sure why but the sequence of plays just is not like last year and there has been a bit less faking and trick play calling. We just seem far more predictable. Also, not sure the range of our kicking game as we have only tried one FG and that one was blocked. Hope we can get things rolling because we have some serious competition again this year and the conference schedule will be a tough one to crack.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

In honor of Rory Herman and Meagan Byrum, today is 15 September 2022. There are 16 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Altti Nykanen and Kyley Toye, today is 16 September 2022. There are 15 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

W21: we are the exact same page together so far. I cannot fathom why we cannot score. it is not the talent as this team has both passing and rushing offense similar to last year (i do not feel that we have lost much at QB from what little we have seen). But I do question the play calling. Not sure why but the sequence of plays just is not like last year and there has been a bit less faking and trick play calling. We just seem far more predictable. Also, not sure the range of our kicking game as we have only tried one FG and that one was blocked. Hope we can get things rolling because we have some serious competition again this year and the conference schedule will be a tough one to crack.
                Heavy is the head that wears a crown....I believe is the appropriate sentiment right now. The squad was picked to finish #1 and that can often be the kiss of death! I didn't see the game, but it sounds like last week the QB struggled a bit, with the coach making a switch. The upside is that the O line and the running backs are experienced so I would expect to see things under centre to improve from here. Rest assured the coaches haven't forgotten their craft.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Forward breakdown
                  https://thefieldhouse.substack.com/p...wn-of-rpis-new

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    Nice write-up. The shocker for me is Evans at 150 lbs. He was listed at 160 in junior (unless he had a life threatening illness that was obviously exaggerated) so I assumed the coaching staff would have given him a training and weights regimen that would get him to ====> 170+ lbs. for the start of the season. If he's really 150 I wonder if they'll have to move Lee to the right side, thereby putting a hole at 3rd or 4th line center (Muzzati?).
                    Last edited by rpi82; 09-16-2022, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Nice write-up. The shocker for me is Evans at 150 lbs. He was listed at 160 in junior (unless he had a life threatening illness that was obviously exaggerated) so I assumed the coaching staff would have given him a training and weights regimen that would get him to ====> 170+ lbs. for the start of the season. If he's really 150 I wonder if they'll have to move Lee to the right side, thereby putting a hole at 3rd or 4th line center (Muzzati?).
                      Muzzatti would probably be fine in a bottom 6 role right away if they wanted to do that. We'll just have to see how Evans does with his lack of size.

Comment

In honor of John Evans and Sabrina Beaudoin, today is 17 September 2022. There are 14 days (2 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I didn't see the game, but it sounds like last week the QB struggled a bit, with the coach making a switch.
                          I think you have the correct diagnosis. RPI QB's completion rate for the season is 41%.

Comment

Video feed has been lost for some time but RPI leads 34-0 and have to apologize to the offense. Really nice showing all around and of course the defense has been stellar. I guess the betting folks had the spread right for this one as we covered the 18.5 points easily.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

In honor of T J Walsh and Taylor Larsen, today is 18 September 2022. There are 13 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

New TV play-by-play announcer https://twitter.com/danbahl/status/1571193854862282753
                                formerly did pbp for QU https://twitter.com/danbahl/status/1571194260396834817
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-17-2022, 11:06 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X