RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

As best i can recall they go something like this.

Rule #1 - Never bet Against Clarkson in the regular season (and never bet on them in the playoffs)
    Rule #2 - Do not bet on Cornell in the regular season (or against them in the playoffs)
    Rule #3 - Never bet for or against RPI ever.
    Isn't the first one, the Cornell one? IIRC, it was created by Kepler (and I think that all three used "never".)
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Isn't the first one, the Cornell one? IIRC, it was created by Kepler (and I think that all three used "never".)
      Could be. Then again I first heard them about 50 years ago. I only distinctly remember the last one for obvious reasons.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• President Schmidt with Lloyd Bauer and Pierre Langevin, members of our two NCAA championship teams. https://***********/RPIAthletics/sta...90886918148097
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

President Schmidt with Lloyd Bauer and Pierre Langevin, members of our two NCAA championship teams. https://***********/RPIAthletics/sta...90886918148097
          Thanks for the post - great picture and finally an RPI alum who is older than I am!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Could have had six points this weekend. Got some really tough breaks against Brown: two fluke goals against and should have had another couple of power play opportunities. Strong first two periods against Yale. Team did well to button it up after things got chippy and they lost two D to misconduct penalties. Must-win game against Dartmouth, Friday. I'll be at Bright on Saturday night--it's a sellout.

Comment

• Two fun games to watch and it’s the best I have seen the Engineers play all season. They did get ?overconfident/lazy? In the third last night, but pulled it out. What was really encouraging was the crowd and the enthusiasm they showed. But , from my perspective, the best was seeing Pres. Schmidt there and engaged in what was going on both on and off the ice. The impact he is having on the campus is downright palpable. Hopefully he can see what a strong college hockey program would mean for the RPI community and come up with a plan going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                Two fun games to watch and it’s the best I have seen the Engineers play all season. They did get ?overconfident/lazy? In the third last night, but pulled it out. What was really encouraging was the crowd and the enthusiasm they showed. But , from my perspective, the best was seeing Pres. Schmidt there and engaged in what was going on both on and off the ice. The impact he is having on the campus is downright palpable. Hopefully he can see what a strong college hockey program would mean for the RPI community and come up with a plan going forward.
                I agree completely. I can tell you based on what a few acquaintances have told me, Marty is heavily engaged and fully understands the importance of having a vibrant hockey program and is committed to seeing the program back competing for league titles, etc.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• I was sort of stunned on Friday when Al Shibley announced between periods that this was the pep band's 100th Anniversary ?? Did i miss the ceremony where the school celebrated and acknowledged this huge milestone ? (I'm seriously asking the question, as I have missed some home games) IF they haven't had a celebration...well that is nothing short of an EPIC fail by the athletic department and the admin..... If this were the 100th anny at Clarkson or Michigan or Wisconsin, rest assured there WOULD be a ceremony/part/celebration....
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• As some here know, my brother ('80) was a big RPI hockey fan - following the program closely up until the day he was killed in Afghanistan. When we saw the schedule and realized the BRFO would fall on his 64th birthday, we knew we had to go. It's where he would have been. We had his wife, kids and another half-dozen friends and family together for a wonderful dinner at the successor to the Notty Pine, Zotto's the Pine on Hoosick St. Then we went to the Armory to see the plaque RPI dedicated to him (thanks to ROTC administrator Donna Carr for taking the time to meet with us on a Saturday evening and letting us into the offices) and followed it up by watching the best effort I've seen from the boys this season. It was the kind of evening that Harry would have found just about perfect. Now if the team can carry the momentum forward to the playoffs.............
                    Last edited by rpi82; 02-13-2023, 10:44 PM.

Comment

President Schmidt with Lloyd Bauer and Pierre Langevin, members of our two NCAA championship teams. https://***********/RPIAthletics/sta...90886918148097
                      Good to see the President involved. It's a start.

Comment

• Before we get all giddy let's remember if we don't split this weekend and assuming we don't win the Natty we will lose 20 games this year...Let that sink in !!!
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                          Before we get all giddy let's remember if we don't split this weekend and assuming we don't win the Natty we will lose 20 games this year...Let that sink in !!!
                          It's great to hear Marty is involved; so for sure he can't be overjoyed by this season. Let's put it into perspective, I believe Union is a good comparable. Union was shut down for Covid like us. They have a new coach and lost their best players, one is Qpacs leading scorer and another at Cornell. Yet they are ahead of us and outscored us 13-2 this season.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Man, we really can't even enjoy a really nice freakout win without immediately going back into the negativity huh? It hasn't been a good season, but we played well this weekend and should have swept if not for refs and unlucky bounces. Let's hope for a strong finish and a playoff win in the first round.

It's great to hear Marty is involved; so for sure he can't be overjoyed by this season. Let's put it into perspective, I believe Union is a good comparable. Union was shut down for Covid like us. They have a new coach and lost their best players, one is Qpacs leading scorer and another at Cornell. Yet they are ahead of us and outscored us 13-2 this season.
                            I don't agree. There is no good comparable to us. Union cancelled their season but they many did important things that RPI did not. 1) They were allowed to practice the entire year and use all the facilities while they were off. 2) They didn't refuse to guarantee the 2021-22 in the Spring of 2021. 3) They allowed fans in the building all of last season.

Additionally, the only important players they lost over covid were this spring with Graf, Anhorn and Seger. RPI by comparison lost Savory, Ashbrook, Babichuk, Ferner, Linden, Leppanen, Johnson, Kjellberg and Dubinsky. Don't really agree with that comparison either.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                              As some here know, my brother ('80) was a big RPI hockey fan - following the program closely up until the day he was killed in Afghanistan. When we saw the schedule and realized the BRFO would fall on his 64th birthday, we knew we had to go. It's where he would have been. We had his wife, kids and another half-dozen friends and family together for a wonderful dinner at the successor to the Notty Pine, Zotto's the Pine on Hoosick St. Then we went to the Armory to see the plaque RPI dedicated to him (thanks to ROTC administrator Donna Carr for taking the time to meet with us on a Saturday evening and letting us into the offices) and followed it up by watching the best effort I've seen from the boys this season. It was the kind of evening that Harry would have found just about perfect. Now if the team can carry the momentum forward to the playoffs.............
                              So sorry to read about the loss of your brother, and thank you for his service and your sacrifice. Sounds like you honored his memory in a wonderful way, and the boys in red with the W was a bonus. I hope they can carry the momentum going forward as well! Win, lose or draw - I always love watching these student athletes compete and while its been too long since I've been able to see them in Placid, I will always be rooting for the 'Neers! Let's go RED!

Comment

• Sutter Muzzatti was named to the Tim Taylor Award (NCAA Rookie of the Year) watch list. https://***********/RPIAthletics/sta...21913221414923
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X