RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two random observations (and a question):

1. Muzzatti has points in 11 of his last 12 games, including 4 multi-point games.

2. There have been four home games since the end of November, but so far as I can tell, there has been no moment of silence or any other acknowledgment at HFH of Mike Addesa's passing on November 29. Does anyone know if anything is planned?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

IIRC, 3 points for a regulation win, 2 for an OT or SO win, 1 for an OT or SO loss, and none for a regulation loss. That's for league standings.

For the NCAA, shootouts are ignored, and OT wins count .55 of a regulation win, and OT losses count .45.
      Wasn't aware of the NCAA points system. They really don't like overtime do they? Fine by me, actually. They should just go all the way and say that overtime doesn't count. A tie is a tie. I love tie games.

Comment

• The NCAA changed the OT weights to 2/3 and 1/3 in the offseason. It's no longer .55 and .45

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post
          two random observations (and a question):

1. Muzzatti has points in 11 of his last 12 games, including 4 multi-point games.
          He has looked great. I bet he ends up getting drafted

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

He has looked great. I bet he ends up getting drafted
            I was surprised given his size, that he was not given more of a look before. i agree, he will more than likely get taken.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Very early odds for next weekend have the girls up by 0.5 goals for the neutral ice game and 1.5 goal for the game at home. Boys are a very slight favorite at 1/2 goal but this is only Monday and things could change.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I was surprised given his size, that he was not given more of a look before. i agree, he will more than likely get taken.
                I am getting concerned that he will be taken by another school. The outlook for 2023-4 with underclassmen and incoming recruits has improved a lot, but we can lose players.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am getting concerned that he will be taken by another school. The outlook for 2023-4 with underclassmen and incoming recruits has improved a lot, but we can lose players.
                  Also one of my worries. The change of the transfer rules is not something that benefits all programs equally. Although we have received some talented transfers, the risk of losing what we have does appear to be a real threat.

Comment

Can't live our lives in fear that every good player is just going to decide to leave. Basically every player that left last year was just using their 5th year with the exception of Dubinsky and Kjellberg. Dubinsky has 3 points and no goals this year in 25 games. Kjellberg has 5 points in 21 games.

Comment

• Next year's non-travel partner ECAC schedule was posted on eLynah.

11/10 @CCT
                      11/11 @SLU
                      12/1 QU
                      12/2 Princeton
                      1/5 Yale
                      1/6 Brown
                      1/12 SLU
                      1/13 CCT
                      1/19 @ Harvard
                      1/20 @ Dartmouth
                      2/2 @Brown
                      2/3 @Yale
                      2/9 Cornell
                      2/10 Colgate
                      2/16 @ Princeton
                      2/17 @QU
                      2/23 Dartmouth
                      2/24 Harvard
                      3/1 @Colgate
                      3/2 @Cornell

I contacted Jim Hyla when I was asked about this early this month. He hadn't done this on 1/1 as he usually does because of personal reasons. He writes that he will post the women's later.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-24-2023, 01:40 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Next year's non-travel partner ECAC schedule was posted on eLynah.

11/10 @CCT
                        11/11 @SLU
                        12/1 QU
                        12/2 Princeton
                        1/5 Yale
                        1/6 Brown
                        1/12 SLU
                        1/13 CCT
                        1/19 @ Harvard
                        1/20 @ Dartmouth
                        2/2 @Brown
                        2/3 @Yale
                        2/9 Cornell
                        2/10 Colgate
                        2/16 @ Princeton
                        2/17 @QU
                        2/23 Dartmouth
                        2/24 Harvard
                        3/1 @Colgate
                        3/2 @Cornell

I contacted Jim Hyla when I was asked about this early this month. He hadn't done this on 1/1 as he usually does because of personal reasons. He writes that he will post the women's later.
                        Freakout against Colgate 2/10 I'm sure

Comment

Freakout against Colgate 2/10 I'm sure
                          I was wondering who would be the first to comment about the Freakout. Colgate certainly is the obvious choice with road games on nearby weekends.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can't live our lives in fear that every good player is just going to decide to leave. Basically every player that left last year was just using their 5th year with the exception of Dubinsky and Kjellberg. Dubinsky has 3 points and no goals this year in 25 games. Kjellberg has 5 points in 21 games.
                            Never had to live in fear. For all the years I've followed RPI hockey. But rules keep changing and not always for the best. I despise the shootouts and although we just won two OT games, I long for the days of full 5 on 5 OT and the days when a tie was still a tie. The transfer rules will still have to play out for a few years but as of now, i do think it favors the top tier teams at the expense of those below. Speaking of changes, I am also not in favor of turning most games into 2 1/2 to 3 hour affairs with media time outs and breaks during the periods to scrape the ice. I am a traditionalist when it comes to sports and never felt there was much wrong with the hockey I grew up adoring.

Comment

Never had to live in fear. For all the years I've followed RPI hockey. But rules keep changing and not always for the best. I despise the shootouts and although we just won two OT games, I long for the days of full 5 on 5 OT and the days when a tie was still a tie. The transfer rules will still have to play out for a few years but as of now, i do think it favors the top tier teams at the expense of those below. Speaking of changes, I am also not in favor of turning most games into 2 1/2 to 3 hour affairs with media time outs and breaks during the periods to scrape the ice. I am a traditionalist when it comes to sports and never felt there was much wrong with the hockey I grew up adoring.
                              I agree, but the NCAA is trying to increase the fan base, and supposedly most non-fans don't like ties.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Amen.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X