RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Just looking at some numbers trying to see what is needed to salvage the season. Looks like we will need to win 6/10 remaining games to get home ice
    Since we have 6 home games, 4 road games and one neutral site game left, theoretically we could go 0-15 on the road and still get home ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

Since we have 6 home games, 4 road games and one neutral site game left, theoretically we could go 0-15 on the road and still get home ice.
      Theoretically, yes, but I think I would prefer we win some on the road! Here's the full chart.

Remaining games won | Most likely ECAC finish
      -----------------------------------------------------
      10 | 4th
      9 | 5th
      8 | 6th
      7 | 7th
      6 | 8th
      5 | 9th
      4 | 10th
      3 | 10th
      2 | 11th
      1 | 12th
      0 | 12th

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        Just looking at some numbers trying to see what is needed to salvage the season. Looks like we will need to win 6/10 remaining games to get home ice
        I'm not seeing that as even a remote possibility given the opponents remaining ....having lost 7 of 8 since Thanksgiving .....and laying two eggs last weekend. Folks should keep their bags packed.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Congrats to Hannah Price for her repeat nomination for the Hockey Humanitarian Award.
          https://www.uscho.com/2023/01/18/hoc...or-2023-honor/
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Odds for the boys this weekend show two close predicted finishes. Down 1/2 goal against Clarkson and just about flat even with St. Lawrence. I suppose we are being given a little benefit of the doubt because these are on home ice. Hope we are healthy as we most certainly need both these games.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• The girls are shown as underdogs to Harvard by 1.5 goals but even with Dartmouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                The girls are shown as underdogs to Harvard by 1.5 goals but even with Dartmouth.
                I would put them even with Harvard and up 1/2 point on Dartmouth based on the team’s play since Christmas. They need another 4+ point weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by hab View Post

I would put them even with Harvard and up 1/2 point on Dartmouth based on the team’s play since Christmas. They need another 4+ point weekend.
                  If they do not get tired in the third period (ice time management can be problematic), they could have a nice weekend.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity more than anything else….why do the men and women’s teams (not just RPI but across the board) play at different times? The men play at 7, the women at 6. And the Saturday games at 3 not at 6. Is there logic behind that? I could understand like the mayors cup games where they are both home and obviously can’t play at the same time. But that is generally not the case as the women are usually home when the men are away.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                      Just out of curiosity more than anything else….why do the men and women’s teams (not just RPI but across the board) play at different times? The men play at 7, the women at 6. And the Saturday games at 3 not at 6. Is there logic behind that? I could understand like the mayors cup games where they are both home and obviously can’t play at the same time. But that is generally not the case as the women are usually home when the men are away.
                      I think it's because those times are more convenient for the teams and their travel needs. Most women's games I've been to (in Troy and on the road) had somewhere between 50 and 300 fans (even back when they used to play the Friday night games at 7) and the admission is often free. So optimizing revenue is not the driver that it may be for the men's teams. By scheduling Friday at 6 the teams are on the road to the second travel partner (when needed) by 9 or so and arrive before midnight. By playing the Saturday game at 3 the teams can arrive home Saturday night from all but the most distant road games.

Comment

• Ryan Mahshie was nominated for the Hobey Baker Award.
                        https://rpiathletics.com/news/2023/1...ker-award.aspx

A long shot, not that he isn't having a good year.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Great win last night. In the immortal words of the Grinch…..I LOVE YA, MAX.

Comment

• Ralph, how are conference points apportioned with regulation and overtime outcomes?
                            (Ah have been away from the thread for much of the season.)

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                              Ralph, how are conference points apportioned with regulation and overtime outcomes?
                              (Ah have been away from the thread for much of the season.)
                              IIRC, 3 points for a regulation win, 2 for an OT or SO win, 1 for an OT or SO loss, and none for a regulation loss. That's for league standings.

For the NCAA, shootouts are ignored, and OT wins count .55 of a regulation win, and OT losses count .45.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-22-2023, 06:22 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

IIRC, 3 points for a regulation win, 2 for an OT or SO win, 1 for an OT or SO loss, and none for a regulation loss. That's for league standings.

For the NCAA, shootouts are ignored, and OT wins count .55 of a regulation win, and OT losses count .45.
                                Thanks, Ralph.

Comment

Working...
                                X