RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
    I heard the HFH has applied for a liquor license. Can anyone confirm this? I am just curious.
    That would be wise of them. This way fans can drink away their frustration with this garbage hockey we have to watch every weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post

That would be wise of them. This way fans can drink away their frustration with this garbage hockey we have to watch every weekend.
      Cheers!!
      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Ahhh ben barr’s black bears. What could have been….
        Agreed. If this season continues on this trajectory Marty might have to look to another alum, Kirk McDonald. Dubuque, of course is a breeding ground for future College HC (Monty - Denver, Wilson - BC, Lammers - Niagara). Can't go 0 - for the road games. Btw- I enjoy your posts.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post

Agreed. If this season continues on this trajectory Marty might have to look to another alum, Kirk McDonald. Dubuque, of course is a breeding ground for future College HC (Monty - Denver, Wilson - BC, Lammers - Niagara). Can't go 0 - for the road games. Btw- I enjoy your posts.
          Agreed. I hope Marty does look at Kirk McDonald. Kirk would be a great hire. I’m not buying this **** hockey and even ****tier recruiting. Thanks Aspy

Comment

• AspyDad the voice of reason and consensus builder returns hopefully not to late.Lets all agree that as much as we want to blame Shirl's this dumpster fire lays at the feet of 1 Lee McElroy it's his guy and his mess. Schmitt needs to have a sit down w/him and get this fixed and Aspy is correct (as he usually is) Kirk McDonald would be a good start . If McElroy ever picks or signs another coach on his own we might as well tell Norris to turn the light off when he leaves !
            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Agreed. I hope Marty does look at Kirk McDonald. Kirk would be a great hire. I’m not buying this **** hockey and even ****tier recruiting. Thanks Aspy
              His name popped into my head before they hired Smith. Believe he was coaching I'm the ECHL at the time, Reading Royals. Guy is a warrior on and off the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post

His name popped into my head before they hired Smith. Believe he was coaching I'm the ECHL at the time, Reading Royals. Guy is a warrior on and off the ice.
                Yeah he killed it in Reading! No doubt a warrior! Dave smith winning percentage at rpi is .379…..yeah enough said! After next weeks loses to Colgate and Cornell he will have 101 loses in less than 6 seasons. Haha

Comment

• Kirk McDonald is a great coach, but I don't think Coach Smith is anywhere near the hot seat yet. He did just sign a 5 year extension.

Comment

• Also want to wish everyone here a Happy New Year! Hope 2023 brings everyone happiness, and hopefully our Engineers can turn around the season

Comment

Yeah he killed it in Reading! No doubt a warrior! Dave smith winning percentage at rpi is .379…..yeah enough said! After next weeks loses to Colgate and Cornell he will have 101 loses in less than 6 seasons. Haha
                      The thing about Kirk is that he would have instant cred with everyone becuase he is so well liked...great personal narrative. Plus being Coach in the USHL, he has a good perspective of who the players that are good to recruit and the relationships to get them.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                        AspyDad the voice of reason and consensus builder returns hopefully not to late.Lets all agree that as much as we want to blame Shirl's this dumpster fire lays at the feet of 1 Lee McElroy it's his guy and his mess. Schmitt needs to have a sit down w/him and get this fixed and Aspy is correct (as he usually is) Kirk McDonald would be a good start . If McElroy ever picks or signs another coach on his own we might as well tell Norris to turn the light off when he leaves !
                        Totally agree with your assessment of McElroy. I thought that he would retire with Shirley, but no such luck.
                        I think that we got screwed in the transfer portal this year and that is what is causing the poor play this year.
                        Smith had us going in the right direction for a while, but we are getting killed with the transfers. JMO
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post

The thing about Kirk is that he would have instant cred with everyone becuase he is so well liked...great personal narrative. Plus being Coach in the USHL, he has a good perspective of who the players that are good to recruit and the relationships to get them.
                          He’s a players coach for sure. Very well respected. He was on dubuques radar for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Totally agree with your assessment of McElroy. I thought that he would retire with Shirley, but no such luck.
                            I think that we got screwed in the transfer portal this year and that is what is causing the poor play this year.
                            Smith had us going in the right direction for a while, but we are getting killed with the transfers. JMO
                            I agree about McElroy and the portal, and I don't think that another coach could have stopped the hemorrhaging. OTOH if we lose a couple of the players this summer who have shown talent this year, then Smith may not be long for Troy.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• The portal door swings both ways kids leave for a reason ! How much did the portal effect Rand Peknold or Mike Shaffer,Ted Donoto or even Casey Jones for that fact the portal can also be an opportunity to get better so using the portal for an excuse is lame it is in some cases a self inflicted wound !
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                The portal door swings both ways kids leave for a reason ! How much did the portal effect Rand Peknold or Mike Shaffer,Ted Donoto or even Casey Jones for that fact the portal can also be an opportunity to get better so using the portal for an excuse is lame it is in some cases a self inflicted wound !
                                Every coach you listed has been at their current school at least a decade and had years to build up their programs. Casey Jones didn't make Lake Placid or the NCAA tournament until his 7th year as coach.

Schaefer and Pecknold literally have coached at their schools since before I was born!

Comment

Working...
                                X