No announcement yet.

RPI 2022-23: Return of the Schmidt and the Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the NY Giants and the Engineers have the same record. At least they’re winning ones.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
      Sorry. The question for me is we’re the Engineers just having a bad night? Or did Union figure out a way to play against them and other teams will as well. We should find out pretty quickly next weekend. I was getting pretty encouraged about this team until last night. One thing is certain: it will certainly be an interesting Mayor’s Cup game.
      Does the result of the Mayor's Cup game affect who gets possession of the Capital Skates, or is the Capital Skates solely dependent on the two league games between the teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Does the result of the Mayor's Cup game affect who gets possession of the Capital Skates, or is the Capital Skates solely dependent on the two league games between the teams?
        League. It’s whoever takes 3 of 4 points. Essentially if you have the Skates in your locker room, which RPI does, and you win the first game, you’ll retain them.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

League. It’s whoever takes 3 of 4 points. Essentially if you have the Skates in your locker room, which RPI does, and you win the first game, you’ll retain them.
          Now I have another question.

Is the Capital Skates decided on the basis of the way the standings used to be - two points for a win and one for a tie?

Or do they take the new standings points system into account, where a regulation win counts three but a win in overtime or shootout counts only two?

If the latter, I would think that if Union had managed to tie Friday night's game and send it to overtime, then they could have won the Skates with a regulation win on Saturday night, even if RPI had eventually won in overtime on Friday.

Comment

• Sezenack will start Friday's game thread to make up for not starting the game at Union.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I stopped watching the Saturday game when it was 2-0 --totally disgusted. RPI looked disinterested and unmotivated. Credit to Union for taking it to us, but that was not RPI team that I have seen thus far this season. I wonder if there was a bag skate on Sunday morning..... We've got a group heading up for the SLU/CCT games this weekend --here's hoping RPI shows up !
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• RB posted the question if Union’s win was a result of better previous opponents vs the teams RPI has played. I would say that LIU and USNTDP were not pushover opponents. Even though RPI lost to the USA team, they played far better than they did Saturday. I think this coming weekend will tell us a great deal of where this team is. Saturday was a huge disappointment for me. Not because they lost. I actually expected that, but how little of a fight we had. They weren’t hungry for the puck and made lots of mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  I stopped watching the Saturday game when it was 2-0 --totally disgusted. RPI looked disinterested and unmotivated. Credit to Union for taking it to us, but that was not RPI team that I have seen thus far this season. I wonder if there was a bag skate on Sunday morning..... We've got a group heading up for the SLU/CCT games this weekend --here's hoping RPI shows up !
                  The 3rd period was really disappointing. Obviously the overall stats of the game pointed to a deficient performance, but I thought RPI was starting to get a foothold in the second period, creating some good chances and flipping the SOG totals into their favor. The goal at the end of the second period was a killer. The Beaton penalty there looked soft, but my view of the incident from ice level was obstructed. Clearly got discouraged and that translated into a lack of positional discipline and things coming undone. Judging by the quotes in the paper on Sunday, the kids know that they lost focus and weren't at it. Might be a good moment to get the feet back on the ground and reset before the trip up North.

One observation from Saturday's game was that RPI was poor in defending the area immediately around the crease when on the penalty kill. Goals 2-4 came either from deflected/screened shots right in front of Watson, or that scramble when RPI failed to clear the puck after Watson struggled to freeze it. Perhaps that was indicative of the lack of energy others observed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

The 3rd period was really disappointing. Obviously the overall stats of the game pointed to a deficient performance, but I thought RPI was starting to get a foothold in the second period, creating some good chances and flipping the SOG totals into their favor. The goal at the end of the second period was a killer. The Beaton penalty there looked soft, but my view of the incident from ice level was obstructed. Clearly got discouraged and that translated into a lack of positional discipline and things coming undone. Judging by the quotes in the paper on Sunday, the kids know that they lost focus and weren't at it. Might be a good moment to get the feet back on the ground and reset before the trip up North.

One observation from Saturday's game was that RPI was poor in defending the area immediately around the crease when on the penalty kill. Goals 2-4 came either from deflected/screened shots right in front of Watson, or that scramble when RPI failed to clear the puck after Watson struggled to freeze it. Perhaps that was indicative of the lack of energy others observed.
                    Excellent observations. I missed Smitty on Wyland's show this morning..... I'll go back to the site later and see if they've posted this week's interview.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Our boys are slight underdogs both nights. 1/2 goal against SLU and 1 goal against CCT. North country trip is always rough but this year it will give us all the information we will need to know what we have to look forward to.
                      Football is different as we are currently a 17.5 point favorite against SLU. The following weekend against Union should be a war.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Link to Smitty's weekly appearance on Wyland's radio show is below.... discusses the Union weekend and upcoming North Country trip.

https://1045theteam.com/hear-what-rp...-week-with-us/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Link to Smitty's weekly appearance on Wyland's radio show is below.... discusses the Union weekend and upcoming North Country trip.

https://1045theteam.com/hear-what-rp...-week-with-us/
                          I enjoyed seeing the 1985 names on Friday night. Nice memories. Still looking for top 4,5,6 ECAC finish.

Comment

• Lee named ECAC Forward of the Month
                            https://twitter.com/ecachockey/statu...72777689059328
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Pre-weekend interviews
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPkgKr46wI8
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Lee named ECAC Forward of the Month
                                https://twitter.com/ecachockey/statu...72777689059328
                                and Watson was named GOTM
                                https://twitter.com/ecachockey/statu...72615964917760
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X