D1 full non need scholarships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 full non need scholarships

Are there any D1 hockey teams , besides the IVies, that do. It give 18 full non need athletic scholarships ? I heard Union and RIT are now allowed to give scholarships and remain D3 in all other sports
    and if so , how competitive are they nationally ?

You've been a member since 2006 & aren't aware of RIT's Frozen Four or Union's National Championship? Google: check it out.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

These other D-III schools have had the full 18 scholarships all along, having been grandfathered to do so: Colorado College, Clarkson, RPI, St. Lawrence. They've all had ups and downs but would be considered competitive. I don't know what being D-III in other sports has to do with how competitive the hockey program is.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        You've been a member since 2006 & aren't aware of RIT's Frozen Four or Union's National Championship? Google: check it out.
        You mean , the 2010 RIT team and the 2014 Union teams ? Both programs petitioned the NCAA to be given a waiver to offer scholarships to be competitive in 2022 ? My question was a little more current than 2014, but thanks for the memories

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
          These other D-III schools have had the full 18 scholarships all along, having been grandfathered to do so: Colorado College, Clarkson, RPI, St. Lawrence. They've all had ups and downs but would be considered competitive. I don't know what being D-III in other sports has to do with how competitive the hockey program is.
          It really doesn't but just a reference that as a D3 , a few schools offer scholarships to be competitive as a D1 program.
          Questions still is the same ie. are there any D1 hockey teams that are competitive today, that do not offer 18 full non need based athletic scholarships to their players ?

Comment

Originally posted by hawkhockey View Post

It really doesn't but just a reference that as a D3 , a few schools offer scholarships to be competitive as a D1 program.
            Questions still is the same ie. are there any D1 hockey teams that are competitive today, that do not offer 18 full non need based athletic scholarships to their players ?
            Clarkson was a bubble team last year. And St Larry's *should have* been in the 2021 NCAA's, but, Covid. Seems to me thats fairly competitive. Again, Google is your friend.

AHA:
            ECAC:

Comment

Clarkson was a bubble team last year. And St Larry's *should have* been in the 2021 NCAA's, but, Covid. Seems to me thats fairly competitive. Again, Google is your friend.
              Interesting response but not the answer t my question
              i am just trying to find out if any schools, D1, D2 or D3, beside the Ivies that play D1 are competitive without giving 18 scholarships
              I think yor post implies Clarkson and S Lawrence do not , right ?
              Could not find that on “ google “

Comment

Interesting response but not the answer t my question
                i am just trying to find out if any schools, D1, D2 or D3, beside the Ivies that play D1 are competitive without giving 18 scholarships
                I think yor post implies Clarkson and S Lawrence do not , right ?
                Could not find that on “ google “
                Listen, jack ***. I answered your original question. You never specified "recently."

Looking at your post history, clearly you are wondering about the DII play ups. Can they be competitive? Sure. Define competitive. With each other? Obviously. With AHA/CCHA/ECAC? Possibly. Nationally? Maybe once in a great while. Just like RIT & Union have been. Want full details about how "competitive" those two are? Look it up.
                Last edited by moose97; 08-31-2022, 09:39 AM.

AHA:
                ECAC:

Comment

Listen, jack ***. I answered your original question. You never specified "recently."

Looking at your post history, clearly you are wondering about the DII play ups. Can they be competitive? Sure. Define competitive. With each other? Obviously. With AHA/CCHA/ECAC? Possibly. Nationally? Maybe once in a great while. Just like RIT & Union have been. Want full details about how "competitive" those two are? Look it up.
                  Now I remember why after a long hiatus why I stopped participating in this type of forum'
                  Forget the 95 % of posters that are intelligent , knowledgeable and helpful , it is the 5 % like you who obviously can't read, have no idea what they are talking about and are tough guys hiding behind their computer.
                  I have my answer and it obviously did not come from you because you have no idea what you are talking about.
                  And as to looking at my prior posts , get a life Inspector Gadget !

Comment

Now I remember why after a long hiatus why I stopped participating in this type of forum'
                    Forget the 95 % of posters that are intelligent , knowledgeable and helpful , it is the 5 % like you who obviously can't read, have no idea what they are talking about and are tough guys hiding behind their computer.
                    I have my answer and it obviously did not come from you because you have no idea what you are talking about.
                    And as to looking at my prior posts , get a life Inspector Gadget !
                    Carefully read your original post in this thread and see why people are having trouble answering you.

Comment

Carefully read your original post in this thread and see why people are having trouble answering you.
                      Furthermore, the idea that scholarships = guaranteed success is laughable. There's way more to it. In the timeframe I've noted for the only two non-Ivy, non-athletic scholarship schools either making the Frozen Four or winning the Natty, there are more than zero schools that have also not won their own conference or made the NCAA'S, all while offering a full 18 scholarships.

AHA:
                      ECAC:

Comment

Yep. It's why grammar thugs have something to do.
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Are there any D1 hockey teams , besides the IVies, that do. It give 18 full non need athletic scholarships ? I heard Union and RIT are now allowed to give scholarships and remain D3 in all other sports
                          and if so , how competitive are they nationally ?
                          Having read this thread and being quite confused, depending upon what is being asked, you may be able to add the Army and Air Force to the Ivies.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Having read this thread and being quite confused, depending upon what is being asked, you may be able to add the Army and Air Force to the Ivies.
                            None of the military academies offer scholarships because they are all free to attend. West Point and AFA cadets are technically members of the Army and Air Force upon matriculation, and federal law requires the cadets to be paid a yearly stipend (some of which pays for uniforms, books, haircuts, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

None of the military academies offer scholarships because they are all free to attend. West Point and AFA cadets are technically members of the Army and Air Force upon matriculation, and federal law requires the cadets to be paid a yearly stipend (some of which pays for uniforms, books, haircuts, etc.).
                              "Haircuts". LOL!!! Made my day with that one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X