Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D1 full non need scholarships

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • D1 full non need scholarships

    Are there any D1 hockey teams , besides the IVies, that do. It give 18 full non need athletic scholarships ? I heard Union and RIT are now allowed to give scholarships and remain D3 in all other sports
    and if so , how competitive are they nationally ?

  • #2
    You've been a member since 2006 & aren't aware of RIT's Frozen Four or Union's National Championship? Google: check it out.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

    AHA:
    B1G: UMinn, UWisc
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
    NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

    Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

    Comment


    • #3
      These other D-III schools have had the full 18 scholarships all along, having been grandfathered to do so: Colorado College, Clarkson, RPI, St. Lawrence. They've all had ups and downs but would be considered competitive. I don't know what being D-III in other sports has to do with how competitive the hockey program is.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        You've been a member since 2006 & aren't aware of RIT's Frozen Four or Union's National Championship? Google: check it out.
        You mean , the 2010 RIT team and the 2014 Union teams ? Both programs petitioned the NCAA to be given a waiver to offer scholarships to be competitive in 2022 ? My question was a little more current than 2014, but thanks for the memories

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
          These other D-III schools have had the full 18 scholarships all along, having been grandfathered to do so: Colorado College, Clarkson, RPI, St. Lawrence. They've all had ups and downs but would be considered competitive. I don't know what being D-III in other sports has to do with how competitive the hockey program is.
          It really doesn't but just a reference that as a D3 , a few schools offer scholarships to be competitive as a D1 program.
          Questions still is the same ie. are there any D1 hockey teams that are competitive today, that do not offer 18 full non need based athletic scholarships to their players ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hawkhockey View Post

            It really doesn't but just a reference that as a D3 , a few schools offer scholarships to be competitive as a D1 program.
            Questions still is the same ie. are there any D1 hockey teams that are competitive today, that do not offer 18 full non need based athletic scholarships to their players ?
            Clarkson was a bubble team last year. And St Larry's *should have* been in the 2021 NCAA's, but, Covid. Seems to me thats fairly competitive. Again, Google is your friend.
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

            AHA:
            B1G: UMinn, UWisc
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
            NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

            Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by moose97 View Post

              Clarkson was a bubble team last year. And St Larry's *should have* been in the 2021 NCAA's, but, Covid. Seems to me thats fairly competitive. Again, Google is your friend.
              Interesting response but not the answer t my question
              i am just trying to find out if any schools, D1, D2 or D3, beside the Ivies that play D1 are competitive without giving 18 scholarships
              I think yor post implies Clarkson and S Lawrence do not , right ?
              Could not find that on “ google “

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hawkhockey View Post

                Interesting response but not the answer t my question
                i am just trying to find out if any schools, D1, D2 or D3, beside the Ivies that play D1 are competitive without giving 18 scholarships
                I think yor post implies Clarkson and S Lawrence do not , right ?
                Could not find that on “ google “
                Listen, jack ***. I answered your original question. You never specified "recently."

                Looking at your post history, clearly you are wondering about the DII play ups. Can they be competitive? Sure. Define competitive. With each other? Obviously. With AHA/CCHA/ECAC? Possibly. Nationally? Maybe once in a great while. Just like RIT & Union have been. Want full details about how "competitive" those two are? Look it up.
                Last edited by moose97; 08-31-2022, 10:39 AM.
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

                AHA:
                B1G: UMinn, UWisc
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
                NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

                Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by moose97 View Post

                  Listen, jack ***. I answered your original question. You never specified "recently."

                  Looking at your post history, clearly you are wondering about the DII play ups. Can they be competitive? Sure. Define competitive. With each other? Obviously. With AHA/CCHA/ECAC? Possibly. Nationally? Maybe once in a great while. Just like RIT & Union have been. Want full details about how "competitive" those two are? Look it up.
                  Now I remember why after a long hiatus why I stopped participating in this type of forum'
                  Forget the 95 % of posters that are intelligent , knowledgeable and helpful , it is the 5 % like you who obviously can't read, have no idea what they are talking about and are tough guys hiding behind their computer.
                  I have my answer and it obviously did not come from you because you have no idea what you are talking about.
                  And as to looking at my prior posts , get a life Inspector Gadget !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hawkhockey View Post

                    Now I remember why after a long hiatus why I stopped participating in this type of forum'
                    Forget the 95 % of posters that are intelligent , knowledgeable and helpful , it is the 5 % like you who obviously can't read, have no idea what they are talking about and are tough guys hiding behind their computer.
                    I have my answer and it obviously did not come from you because you have no idea what you are talking about.
                    And as to looking at my prior posts , get a life Inspector Gadget !
                    Carefully read your original post in this thread and see why people are having trouble answering you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

                      Carefully read your original post in this thread and see why people are having trouble answering you.
                      Furthermore, the idea that scholarships = guaranteed success is laughable. There's way more to it. In the timeframe I've noted for the only two non-Ivy, non-athletic scholarship schools either making the Frozen Four or winning the Natty, there are more than zero schools that have also not won their own conference or made the NCAA'S, all while offering a full 18 scholarships.
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

                      AHA:
                      B1G: UMinn, UWisc
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
                      NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

                      Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

                        Carefully read your original post in this thread and see why people are having trouble answering you.
                        Yep. It's why grammar thugs have something to do.
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

                        And stay off the lawn!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hawkhockey View Post
                          Are there any D1 hockey teams , besides the IVies, that do. It give 18 full non need athletic scholarships ? I heard Union and RIT are now allowed to give scholarships and remain D3 in all other sports
                          and if so , how competitive are they nationally ?
                          Having read this thread and being quite confused, depending upon what is being asked, you may be able to add the Army and Air Force to the Ivies.
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

                            Having read this thread and being quite confused, depending upon what is being asked, you may be able to add the Army and Air Force to the Ivies.
                            None of the military academies offer scholarships because they are all free to attend. West Point and AFA cadets are technically members of the Army and Air Force upon matriculation, and federal law requires the cadets to be paid a yearly stipend (some of which pays for uniforms, books, haircuts, etc.).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

                              None of the military academies offer scholarships because they are all free to attend. West Point and AFA cadets are technically members of the Army and Air Force upon matriculation, and federal law requires the cadets to be paid a yearly stipend (some of which pays for uniforms, books, haircuts, etc.).
                              "Haircuts". LOL!!! Made my day with that one!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X