Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    SCSU has always had more pp opportunities in it's match ups with the Sioux. However, to date, it hasn't necessarily translated into victories. Under Motzko the Huskies are only running about 11% on the pp against UND, and this year's 1 for 10 is about on schedule.

UND, on the other hand, has a better than 19% success rate on the pp against Motzko's SCSU teams.
    Facts, backed up by reason........blasphemy! While you were figuring those stats did you jot down the H2H record for these two since Motzko has taken over at St. Cloud? Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      If anyone thinks this game is going to lack hitting they are on drugs. UND has been sitting home all week chomping at the bit to play a hockey game.
      I think what TB was getting at is IF the refs overreact and start calling a crap load of penalties, the players will have to adjust accordingly and that could benefit SCSU.

I hope the refs don't do that, but it wouldn't suprise me if they did.
      "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
        Facts, backed up by reason........blasphemy! While you were figuring those stats did you jot down the H2H record for these two since Motzko has taken over at St. Cloud? Curious.
        I didn't, but it looks like UND is 10-6-4, with a winning record (slight) at home (4-3-3), on the road (4-3-1) and on neutral ice (2-0-0).
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
          I'm still not sure how you jumped from the idea that a less physical game benefits SCSU to hitting isn't a part of hockey.
          I just think it's assinine that someone would suggest a game where UND is involved is going to lack hitting.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I completely understand that point. I certainly expect a violent series.

But do you think over-reactionary refereeing, as Dirty Bottles pointed out, could cause the teams to play a less physical style to try and stay out of the penalty box?

Comment

Also, if any SCSU player gets goaded into a fight, my money is on Chris Hepp.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                I don't think so because your coach thinks his team is a bunch of saints.
                You really need to A) lighten up and B) get over yourself. If this is an issue, it's only because UND will make it an issue on Friday looking for retaliation, which is equally classless as the original hit. If not, there's nothing to get all hot and bothered about because it's in the past.

Grow up.

You're going to have to wager a whole lot of money to make money on that bet.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

And he wouldn't even need to be goaded. Neither team will go easy on hitting to start the game, if the refs are calling it tight I would think that would change pretty quick. Which is exactly what I expect to see. If Shep is in the building over half the first period could be on special teams.

Comment

According to Hakstol on the media day update:

Hextall will not play this weekend.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

SCSU has always had more pp opportunities in it's match ups with the Sioux. However, to date, it hasn't necessarily translated into victories. Under Motzko the Huskies are only running about 11% on the pp against UND, and this year's 1 for 10 is about on schedule.

UND, on the other hand, has a better than 19% success rate on the pp against Motzko's SCSU teams.
                      This year's Sioux team is not as good as years past. If it is only a few chances a game it is one thing, but if they give SCSU 6 or 7 power plays a game it is going to cost them. The team is clicking right now and the crowd is going to crazy this weekend. SCSU has to stay out of the box and not try and play a overly physical game. They need to play the body and be aggressive, but not try and play the hit for hit game or they will lose. Should be a great weekend of hockey.
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        According to Hakstol on the media day update:

Hextall will not play this weekend.
                        That's too bad. He adds a lot to the team.

I'm really looking for Matty Frattin to get hot. He's kind of a streaky player, going 8-10 games without getting on the board, then putting up 6-7 goals in the next handful of games. He should be getting his legs back under him after a half season off and the Sioux could really use his production.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

That's too bad. He adds a lot to the team.

I'm really looking for Matty Frattin to get hot. He's kind of a streaky player, going 8-10 games without getting on the board, then putting up 6-7 goals in the next handful of games. He should be getting his legs back under him after a half season off and the Sioux could really use his production.
                          Speaking of Frattin. How in the hell did he get out of a DUI conviction? Was the jury all UND students. The original police report said he blew over .1.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            SCSU has to stay out of the box and not try and play a overly physical game.
                            SCSU can take as many penalties as they want, it won't matter.
                            UND's PP has been horrid lately. I forget what the streak is...something like 0 for their last 39 or something like that.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              When you're not smart enough to get into SCSU, you know you've got problems. Maybe you should have tried plagiarizing your application essay.

Huskies Sweep
                              I see you have resorted to personal attacks.

Here I will try one . . . Loser ugly face.

ok two . . You cant spell Dirty with DIRT.
                              Last edited by Husky4Life; 02-10-2010, 02:30 PM.
                              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                                ok two . . You cant spell Dirty with DIRT.
                                OH! SNAP!
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X