Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

North Dakota has a well-established goonerific reputation, but cheap shots are NEVER acceptable. I didn't see the hit, so I don't know if it looked like an intentional cheap shot, or just a poor decision by a kid trying to play hard. I have no problem with North Dakota attempting to retaliate, if they hit him hard and clean. If they put a cheap shot on him, then they are stooping to their stereotype and relinquish their right to complain.
    SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
    UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
    Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
    Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
    UMD Football: 2008, 2010
    UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
      North Dakota has a well-established goonerific reputation, but cheap shots are NEVER acceptable. I didn't see the hit, so I don't know if it looked like an intentional cheap shot, or just a poor decision by a kid trying to play hard. I have no problem with North Dakota attempting to retaliate, if they hit him hard and clean. If they put a cheap shot on him, then they are stooping to their stereotype and relinquish their right to complain.
      Time until Dirty (or another Sioux fan posts the video) 5.......4........3......2......1.........

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
        Did you just quote yourself? I thought only Skeeterman was allowed to do that?
        If He loses an argument with Himself, He's in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
          Time until Dirty (or another Sioux fan posts the video) 5.......4........3......2......1.........
          I just looked at it, I'd definately call it a dirty hit, but any retaliation better still be clean, two wrongs don't make a right.
          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
            I just looked at it, I'd definately call it a dirty hit, but any retaliation better still be clean, two wrongs don't make a right.
            Ah, but three lefts will.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
              And furthermore Puppy2012, ask around your campus about what kind of man Ryan Geris was for almost missing 2 full years with PCS and then returning to captain your team. I'd love to see you question that warrior for how long it took him to finally get medical clearance to play.
              Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
              Please please tell me that you aren't pursueing a medical degree at UMD because if you are, and this is an example of the kind of education you are getting, your patients should be very scared. Otherwise, you are just an idiot.
              Someone didn't get enough sleep last night.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

******* width="500" height="405">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMpsttlXye8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMpsttlXye8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405">

Just because . . . .
                SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  Chased him down. Bertuzzi chased the guy down, Marvin was just playing aggressive. He didn't chase him down. it all happened in the natural flow of the game. Was it a bad hit? Of course it was, but it was quite fluky the way he got hurt. I think it had a lot to do with the size difference between the two players. The paukovich hit was far worse than Marvin's hit. Paukovich had no reason to cross check the guy and was trying to be cheap.

As for dropping the gloves and man up. It doesn't happen that way in college hockey. If it was the pro's or junior I am sure Marvin would be more than happy to do that. The full face shield pretty much takes fighting out of the game even if he dropped the gloves. The lineman also won't let them fight and will break it up right any way. I don't blame UND fans for being mad about the hit, but he wasn't trying to be cheap which makes it different than Paukovich's hit.
                  ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITd8XYiiviA&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITd8XYiiviA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

gee, let's see, he's not looking at the puck, he's watching Chay the whole time. He stops his skating stride so that he's not out of control and can clearly T up on Chay. He winds up his elbow and arm so that he can induce maximum force on Chay. He hits Chay in the head, not shoulder or body. He uses his momentum to drive him into the glass as full and hard as he can. And from a source at the arena, Marvin was eying Chay the entire time they were skating down the 200 feet to the other end.

But yeah, Marvin is a clean player and that was just a flukie hit. Headhunting a guy from 200 feet sure is the way I like to see the game played. Good job SCSU. Maybe Marvin should do team vespers too.
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                    gee, let's see, he's not looking at the puck, he's watching Chay the whole time. He stops his skating stride so that he's not out of control and can clearly T up on Chay. He winds up his elbow and arm so that he can induce maximum force on Chay. He hits Chay in the head, not shoulder or body. He uses his momentum to drive him into the glass as full and hard as he can. And from a source at the arena, Marvin was eying Chay the entire time they were skating down the 200 feet to the other end.

But yeah, Marvin is a clean player and that was just a flukie hit. Headhunting a guy from 200 feet sure is the way I like to see the game played. Good job SCSU. Maybe Marvin should do team vespers too.
                    Win
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITd8XYiiviA&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITd8XYiiviA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

I heard Marvin was the shooter on the grassy knoll.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Shall we call this source "deepthroat"?

Comment

[QUOTE=Sloe Gin;4615339

But yeah, Marvin is a clean player and that was just a flukie hit. Headhunting a guy from 200 feet sure is the way I like to see the game played. Good job SCSU. Maybe Marvin should do team vespers too. [/QUOTE]

Did you take this to a forensic scientist? What's your point. It's been belabored ad nauseum by UND fans. What do you want to happen? This isn't the first time someone takes a bad hit (see Lasch video).

You can't go back. Move on. Geeesh...
                          "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            I figure someone will take a run at him this weekend. I just hope we score at least two goals on the 5 minute power play.
                            Actually, if I were forced to place bets on the subject, I'd be inclined to believe SCSU has a better chance of being whistled for a 5 minute CFB penalty this weekend. The officials will certainly be aware of the history, and as I recall they nailed DU for a major when UND-DU met the season following the Paukovich hit a few years ago. Not that it matters since UND hasn't scored on the power play since the Bush I administration.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
                              Did you take this to a forensic scientist? What's your point. It's been belabored ad nauseum by UND fans. What do you want to happen? This isn't the first time someone takes a bad hit (see Lasch video).

You can't go back. Move on. Geeesh...
                              I believe that Dirty wants to shoot someone, he has said it several times.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

And from a source at the arena, Marvin was eying Chay the entire time they were skating down the 200 feet to the other end.
                                How can your post be taken seriously when you have this in there?

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Not that it matters since UND hasn't scored on the power play since the Bush I administration.
                                No doubt.
                                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X