Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

I am so over it.
    SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      Imagine if the shoe had been on the other foot and that was Roe or Lasch that was laying on the ice all crumpled up after being on the receiving end of bush-league, dirty, gutless hit? Can you imagine the crying SCSU coach would have done, however, since the hit happened to happen to Sioux player the offending player was only given a meaningless one game suspension. In essence what to stop a player on any team from just running a star player if all you’re going to get is a meaningless one game suspension?

As for the hit, it has to be answered for. Marvin should man up drop the gloves get it over with or this will fester for years like the Paukovich hit on Bina.

Really so if someone had chased one your stars Roe or Lasch down the ice and driven his head into the seamless glass with a vicous elbow it would be just finishing a check and not dirty?
      Chased him down. Bertuzzi chased the guy down, Marvin was just playing aggressive. He didn't chase him down. it all happened in the natural flow of the game. Was it a bad hit? Of course it was, but it was quite fluky the way he got hurt. I think it had a lot to do with the size difference between the two players. The paukovich hit was far worse than Marvin's hit. Paukovich had no reason to cross check the guy and was trying to be cheap.

As for dropping the gloves and man up. It doesn't happen that way in college hockey. If it was the pro's or junior I am sure Marvin would be more than happy to do that. The full face shield pretty much takes fighting out of the game even if he dropped the gloves. The lineman also won't let them fight and will break it up right any way. I don't blame UND fans for being mad about the hit, but he wasn't trying to be cheap which makes it different than Paukovich's hit.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Tommyboy, I am over it, are you over it?
        SCSU!

Comment

In the 1997-98 season the Huskies had a first-year defenseman by the name of Chris Zaleski. He had 2 goals and 3 assists in his first 10 games. His potential as a four year player and pro player was excellent. He would have been a four year fixture at DE for SCSU. In his 10th game he was hit high into the boards. He never played another game for SCSU due to issues relating to that injury.

The point is it happens in hockey. Zakeski lost 4 quality years of hockey at SCSU. Many of us feel bad that Genoway has been out this long. However, to isolate the Genoway injury to the extent some of the UND fans have is nonsense.

It's a highly emotional and competitive game on the ice. In the heat of the game dumb things happen. It doesn't mean there was a personal vendetta or intent to hurt someone.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone tried to get some "pay back" this weekend. It's ill advised, dangerous and the wrong thing to do. Just as it is for fans to call for this type of thing.
          "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            "I cannot remember...did we beat you guys Four to one *shows middle finger for one*? Or Four to Two?"

Stay classy!
            Yeah, I heard Daddy Rabion was slated to appear on Tool Academy.

This thread will get me ready for some prime time college hockey TV viewing this weekend. JBSU-NoDak on Charter and UMTC-Denver on FSN North. Not sure if I can bring myself to cheer for UMTC, but have no problem with cheering on the Sioux.

Only two requests...

Dude Love, please lose the pro wrasslin sig line.

And Rabid of FTLT or whoever you are...do some research and provide some exact dates on Grandma's birth and death dates....she derserves the same respect as Gramps and Pop. Why not post your entire family tree in you sig line...I wanna know!!
            tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

*****http://www.hvchronic.com/volume_2/no_1/CryingIndian.jpg******
              Seems to be a lot of them these days...
              That being said; should be a great weekend of entertaining hockey.
              A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
                In the 1997-98 season the Huskies had a first-year defenseman by the name of Chris Zaleski. He had 2 goals and 3 assists in his first 10 games. His potential as a four year player and pro player was excellent. He would have been a four year fixture at DE for SCSU. In his 10th game he was hit high into the boards. He never played another game for SCSU due to issues relating to that injury.

The point is it happens in hockey. Zakeski lost 4 quality years of hockey at SCSU. Many of us feel bad that Genoway has been out this long. However, to isolate the Genoway injury to the extent some of the UND fans have is nonsense.

It's a highly emotional and competitive game on the ice. In the heat of the game dumb things happen. It doesn't mean there was a personal vendetta or intent to hurt someone.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone tried to get some "pay back" this weekend. It's ill advised, dangerous and the wrong thing to do. Just as it is for fans to call for this type of thing.
                What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Errr.......first series UND took 3 of 4. Second series Minnesota took 3 of 4.
                  I was talking about this last series, the Gophs took 3 of 4 points from UND. Any team worth being a top 5 WCHA team at this time of year should take 3 or 4 points from the Gophers. There's too much disarray at the U to come out on the losing end of a series against them. Sure, the U gets some breaks every now and again, but on the whole, they're just not all that good this year. The fact that they absolutely demoralized and shamed UND in the second game of the series says a lot about how UND has fallen.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                    Tommyboy, I am over it, are you over it?
                    I figure someone will take a run at him this weekend. I just hope we score at least two goals on the 5 minute power play.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Just to take it one step further. Draw your own conclusion. Lasch did not even have the puck when MSU's Irwin nearly decapitated him.

This stuff happens in hockey and did happen to one of our best offensive players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKaOrQNynhA
                      "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                        Touche, sir

No really, I feel bad for the kid, but how often to people get concussions? All the time. It happens. Cheap shot or not. Fontaine for us received a concussion from a pretty dirty hit towards the beginning of the year, but was back the next weekend. I know there are severities, but still. You think he would be back by now.

Please please tell me that you aren't pursueing a medical degree at UMD because if you are, and this is an example of the kind of education you are getting, your patients should be very scared. Otherwise, you are just an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                          Imagine if the shoe had been on the other foot and that was Roe or Lasch that was laying on the ice all crumpled up after being on the receiving end of bush-league, dirty, gutless hit?
                          Really so if someone had chased one your stars Roe or Lasch down the ice and driven his head into the seamless glass with a vicous elbow it would be just finishing a check and not dirty?
                          Goon, it has been. Please see the video already posted above. This was certainly a much more brutal and obviously vengeful hit against our top offensive player.
                          "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                            Please please tell me that you aren't pursueing a medical degree at UMD because if you are, and this is an example of the kind of education you are getting, your patients should be very scared. Otherwise, you are just an idiot.
                            He is a UMD fan, of course he is an idiot.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

And furthermore Puppy2012, ask around your campus about what kind of man Ryan Geris was for almost missing 2 full years with PCS and then returning to captain your team. I'd love to see you question that warrior for how long it took him to finally get medical clearance to play.

Comment

And furthermore Puppy2012, ask around your campus about what kind of man Ryan Geris was for almost missing 2 full years with PCS and then returning to captain your team. I'd love to see you question that warrior for how long it took him to finally get medical clearance to play.
                                Did you just quote yourself? I thought only Skeeterman was allowed to do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X