Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

    Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    This thread is stupid.
    Agreed. Almost makes you hope for a UHM post.

    Just kidding.

    Comment


    • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

      Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
      Agreed. Almost makes you hope for a UHM post.

      Just kidding.
      You can't even spell Husky, you're opinion doesn't count. RC on the other hand is just a grouch who doesn't like anyone.

      Huskies Sweep
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

      Comment


      • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

        Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Because his dad's a c^cksucker.

        Huskies Sweep
        "I cannot remember...did we beat you guys Four to one *shows middle finger for one*? Or Four to Two?"

        Stay classy!
        tUMD Hockey

        "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

        Comment


        • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

          Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          Well, since we're looking at prior year stats as well...
          They are both seniors, so this is pretty easy to compare their FR-JR seasons:

          Raboin - 116gp, 13g/36a for 59pts
          Genoway - 123gp, 16g/64a for 80pts
          Raboin didn't score a goal until like 4 games left in his sophomore year, his collegiate offensive output really came out of nowhere. I'm not arguing who's been the better offensive blueliner for their entire career, of course that's Genoway. I'm saying that Genoway had more hype, that's why he made 1st All-WCHA last year, even though Raboin had him beat up and down.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

          Best USCHO quotes to date:

          "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

          "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

          "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

          Comment


          • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

            Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
            Fontaine for us received a concussion from a pretty dirty hit towards the beginning of the year, but was back the next weekend. I know there are severities, but still. You think he would be back by now.
            You must be a doctor.
            Some people get concussions and can never play sports again. Former Sioux player Rylan Kaip had a concussion his freshman year and he had to sit out the season due to PCS. It appears that Genoway is on the same path. With PCS issues, if you return too soon, you're right back at square one.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

            Fighting Sioux Hockey

            Comment


            • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

              Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              You must be a doctor.
              Some people get concussions and can never play sports again. Former Sioux player Rylan Kaip had a concussion his freshman year and he had to sit out the season due to PCS. It appears that Genoway is on the same path. With PCS issues, if you return too soon, you're right back at square one.
              Zabkowicz was going through that last year too.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

              Best USCHO quotes to date:

              "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

              "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

              "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

              Comment


              • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Actually, I think UND has had pretty good success at the NHC, given the general acknowledgment that it's a tough rink to come into. UND has more sweeps of SCSU there than SCSU has of UND. I went back and checked and I think UND has only been swept there once in the last 16-17 years, even when SCSU had some pretty good teams. I recall the last time was about 9 years ago. I think that's the longest for any WCHA team except for Tech.


                SCSU is on a roll, and UND is clearly not. But I think the Sioux will have a lot of motivation this weekend and will give the Huskies all they can handle.
                Agree. While obviously either team is capable of sweeping I don't see it happening. I'll go with 4-3 Sioux Friday night and 3-2 SCSU on Saturday.
                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

                Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

                Comment


                • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  I'm saying that Genoway had more hype, that's why he made 1st All-WCHA last year, even though Raboin had him beat up and down.
                  Raboin had one more point than Genoway last year.

                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Zabkowicz was going through that last year too.
                  Yeah, you don't want to mess around with head injuries.
                  Not really a time to "man up" as dogs2012 likes to say.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

                  Fighting Sioux Hockey

                  Comment


                  • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    Raboin didn't score a goal until like 4 games left in his sophomore year, his collegiate offensive output really came out of nowhere. I'm not arguing who's been the better offensive blueliner for their entire career, of course that's Genoway. I'm saying that Genoway had more hype, that's why he made 1st All-WCHA last year, even though Raboin had him beat up and down.
                    Garret Raboin is Aaron Marvin's wingman when Marvin goes to Elementary schools looking for third graders to lure into his wood-paneled van.

                    Huskies Sweep
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

                    Comment


                    • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                      Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                      Agree. While obviously either team is capable of sweeping I don't see it happening. I'll go with 4-3 Sioux Friday night and 3-2 SCSU on Saturday.
                      I think St. Cloud gets 3 points, which would mathematically eliminate UND from catching us. Combining that with Mankato doing anything but sweeping in Madison (almost certain to happen) and the Gophers splitting or worse in Denver (pretty likely) and SCSU would already clinch home ice.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

                      Best USCHO quotes to date:

                      "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

                      "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

                      "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

                      Comment


                      • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                        Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        You can't even spell Husky, you're opinion doesn't count. RC on the other hand is just a grouch who doesn't like anyone.

                        Huskies Sweep
                        And you don't know which form of your/you're to use so your opinion must not count.

                        Comment


                        • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                          Well I know what thread I'm reading all week.
                          tUMD Hockey

                          "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                          Comment


                          • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                            Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Well I know what thread I'm reading all week.
                            .

                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                            RIP - Kirby

                            Comment


                            • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                              Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              If you are not smart enough to understand that UND players have taken cheap shots every bit as bad as Marvin's hit then I guess there is no reason to discuss it. It is a fluke that chay has been out all year. I feel bad for the kid, but it is done and over with. If you want to pretend your team has never never tried to purposely hurt another player you are a fool becuase I have seen it. Marvin was playing hard and made a bad move to hit him from behind, but there is no doubt in my mind he wasn't trying to end the guy's career or even hurt him. If you can't see that it says a lot about you.
                              Imagine if the shoe had been on the other foot and that was Roe or Lasch that was laying on the ice all crumpled up after being on the receiving end of bush-league, dirty, gutless hit? Can you imagine the crying SCSU coach would have done, however, since the hit happened to happen to Sioux player the offending player was only given a meaningless one game suspension. In essence what to stop a player on any team from just running a star player if all you’re going to get is a meaningless one game suspension?

                              As for the hit, it has to be answered for. Marvin should man up drop the gloves get it over with or this will fester for years like the Paukovich hit on Bina.

                              Really so if someone had chased one your stars Roe or Lasch down the ice and driven his head into the seamless glass with a vicous elbow it would be just finishing a check and not dirty?
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

                              Comment


                              • Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

                                Originally posted by Goon View Post
                                Imagine if the shoe had been on the other foot and that was Roe or Lasch that was laying on the ice all crumpled up after being on the receiving end of bush-league, dirty, gutless hit? Can you imagine the crying SCSU coach would have done, however, since the hit happened to happen to Sioux player the offending player was only given a meaningless one game suspension. In essence what to stop a player on any team from just running a star player if all you’re going to get is a meaningless one game suspension?

                                As for the hit, it has to be answered for. Marvin should man up drop the gloves get it over with or this will fester for years like the Paukovich hit on Bina.

                                Really so if someone had chased one your stars Roe or Lasch down the ice and driven his head into the seamless glass with a vicous elbow it would be just finishing a check and not dirty?
                                More crying from someone that even goes by the name "goon", how ironic. How many times do you want to ask the same question? EVERYONE has acknowledged that the check was dirty and also very uncharacterstic of Marvin. He was ejected and sat the next game. I'm sure coaches around the league are saying, "Hey, take a run at xxxxx because you'll only get a game suspension." Let's be realistic here.

                                Based on your name even your own fans know the Sioux are labeled as "goons"! Funny.
                                Last edited by motox; 02-08-2010, 01:01 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X