No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 22-23, new coach, new players, new era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So #3 overall, in Allentown. Get Colgate first, and then the winner of Tech and PSU if we do that. Tough regional, but it should be at this point.

Comment

• Allentown is too far away. We need someone to put in regional bids for Toledo, Grand Rapids, or somewhere else that's within 4 hour drive (I'd even do Ft. Wayne or Cinnci again)
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Still have 45 min to watch SC, but I'm betting your 3rd goal will be in the top 10. That was pretty amazing.

But you hit on why I enjoy watching these teams play, even if it's so stressful.

BTW, what's up with making your rink smaller?
        The roof definitely came off after that goal, although that didn't last long lol.

Olympic rinks are a thing of the past, I think there's only a couple left. With how effective the NCAA has become producing pro-ready players it only makes sense to have a rink that better translates to the NHL for recruits. I don't mind the changes because our style of play has become much more NHL-like than in the past. I actually think our game would translate better against you guys on NHL/Hybrid rinks than Olympic.

Comment

• Originally posted by StateofHockey78 View Post

The roof definitely came off after that goal, although that didn't last long lol.

Olympic rinks are a thing of the past, I think there's only a couple left. With how effective the NCAA has become producing pro-ready players it only makes sense to have a rink that better translates to the NHL for recruits. I don't mind the changes because our style of play has become much more NHL-like than in the past. I actually think our game would translate better against you guys on NHL/Hybrid rinks than Olympic.
          Really? I see our games as almost identical. Which is why our games go so very fast in time.

I always thought it was funny how some Michigan fans would complain about playing on your sheet, even though we always, always played well there and at Northern. Didn't win every game, but our style of play translated perfectly to the bigger sheet.

Alas, end of an era. I see your point, especially since the Olympics use NHL players more often than not- so sheet size is almost irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            Allentown is too far away. We need someone to put in regional bids for Toledo, Grand Rapids, or somewhere else that's within 4 hour drive (I'd even do Ft. Wayne or Cinnci again)
            Toledo in 2025... (with the FF in Vegas, Baby)

2024 is *some* risks- Missouri gets to have a regional hosted by Lindenwood. And SOUTH Dakota gets one hosted by UNO. I'm sure ND and Minnesota will have no problem going there.

Sioux Falls is the west regional in '24, the Midwest in '26.

Other than Toledo, there are no other actual midwest hosts through '26. Maybe when our program can get some stability we will make a bid for somewhere. But we can use some help from all the rest of the schools in the lower part of our state.

Comment

2024 is *some* risks- Missouri gets to have a regional hosted by Lindenwood. And SOUTH Dakota gets one hosted by UNO. I'm sure ND and Minnesota will have no problem going there.

Other than Toledo, there are no other actual midwest hosts through '26. Maybe when our program can get some stability we will make a bid for somewhere. But we can use some help from all the rest of the schools in the lower part of our state.
              Help from the little people? It never ends.

Comment

BTW, what's up with making your rink smaller?
                It should be noted that it's not going all the way down to the NHL 200x85, despite what Clymer said on the broadcast.
                Can't remember what the exact measurements will be but it's gonna be 200x90-93.

Just another case of Clymer saying the wrong thing but with a lot of confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

It should be noted that it's not going all the way down to the NHL 200x85, despite what Clymer said on the broadcast.
                  Can't remember what the exact measurements will be but it's gonna be 200x90-93.

Just another case of Clymer saying the wrong thing but with a lot of confidence.
                  Sort of half way, then. Ok. So it should still be more open and fun to watch, then. I was also trying to figure out how you reseat the fans when it's *that* much narrower. But going half way isn't quite as bad.

Comment

And who does Michigan think will help them? They ****ed off WMU and disappointed Tech. (Granted the lead bridge burner is gone.) Ferris doesn't have a following to significantly move the needle.

I'm sure MSU would go along with their B1G buddy.

IMO, Michigan has some burnt bridges to repair before most of the Michigan schools partner with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

And who does Michigan think will help them? They ****ed off WMU and disappointed Tech. (Granted the lead bridge burner is gone.) Ferris doesn't have a following to significantly move the needle.

I'm sure MSU would go along with their B1G buddy.

IMO, Michigan has some burnt bridges to repair before most of the Michigan schools partner with them.
                      So nice that you totally missed my point. ANY one of the other schools in the state can also host a regional. Not help Michigan do it, but host it as well.

But continue hating and lashing out for no good reason. Fine by me.

Comment

• What's the deal with Truscott? Out for the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          What's the deal with Truscott? Out for the year?
                          Is this a result of his injury in January?

Comment

I’m surprised Augustana, who begin play this fall and who I believe are located in Sioux Falls, isn’t the host for one or both of the Sioux Falls regionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

I’m surprised Augustana, who begin play this fall and who I believe are located in Sioux Falls, isn’t the host for one or both of the Sioux Falls regionals.
                              Give them time. Realistically, Sioux Falls is a good location for a west regional, so they will certainly have chances.

Comment

• I probably won't do this because the off day regional format means taking 2 days off, and it's doubtful NaSK could take 1 let alone 2 days to go with me, but I'm looking at a big road trip to Allentown.

I'd use the off day for nostalgia. I'd drive down to Hershey and go on the chocolate world ride (since the theme park doesn't open until 4/1). Then maybe down to my hometown which I haven't been back to in a decade (my parents moved out of state in 2012).
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X