Michigan Hockey 22-23, new coach, new players, new era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    That was a penalty I've never seen before to start the 3rd. And it went downhill from there.
    OMG the same thing happened last Friday at the BU - UMass game. At the end of the second, UMass challenged a call and BU wound up with a 5-minute major to start the third. UMass got called for that same protocol violation to start the third so instead of a full five minute major to start the period, it was 4 on 4 for two minutes.

ETA: Keep us posted on the Michigan player in the hospital. What a scary situation. Hoping for a quick recovery!

Comment

Best wishes to Steve Holtz for a quick recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
        Great effort from the boys in a horrible situation. Up against a powerhouse team with a severely depleted lineup. But they played hard. Proud of them.
        I saw rumors that viruses are hitting other teams, too- I wonder how many.

I hope Steve gets better soon- has to be terrifying for his parents.

Comment

So I didn't go to the game, but picked it up at home at the beginning of the 3rd- and by then, they were not talking anymore about how many team members were out- 6. So many that Freshman goaltender, Tyler Shea, played forward. Other than Holtz, I had thought it was one or two more.

Add the elephant in the room with Holtz being in the hospital, it was closer game than it probably could have been.

Comment

So I didn't go to the game, but picked it up at home at the beginning of the 3rd- and by then, they were not talking anymore about how many team members were out- 6. So many that Freshman goaltender, Tyler Shea, played forward. Other than Holtz, I had thought it was one or two more.

Add the elephant in the room with Holtz being in the hospital, it was closer game than it probably could have been.
            Tonight (or early evening) will be interesting. Ciccolini took a bad hit yesterday and after trying to come back for a shift was out the rest of the game. I saw somewhere post game comments from Naurato that we may have as few as 9 forwards for tonight if Ciccolini is out. Line charts will be interesting.

Adenovirus is supposedly going around campus. No word on if that's what hit the hockey team, but it could be.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Tonight (or early evening) will be interesting. Ciccolini took a bad hit yesterday and after trying to come back for a shift was out the rest of the game. I saw somewhere post game comments from Naurato that we may have as few as 9 forwards for tonight if Ciccolini is out. Line charts will be interesting.

Adenovirus is supposedly going around campus. No word on if that's what hit the hockey team, but it could be.
              Cooley was suspended for tonight’s game because of that hit. Deserved, I’m my opinion. I was shocked he wasn’t tossed.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Cooley was suspended for tonight’s game because of that hit. Deserved, I’m my opinion. I was shocked he wasn’t tossed.
                On the sickness thought- I've heard rumors that Minnesota has some sick players- is that accurate at all?

Comment

On the sickness thought- I've heard rumors that Minnesota has some sick players- is that accurate at all?
                  A couple, nothing like your squad… yet. They’re missing a center, Aaron Huglen, and their usual starting goalie Justen Close. With Cooley suspended they’re without two regular centers. Again, nothing like Michigan, but hurting up the middle a little bit.

Comment

Was hoping to see both teams at full strength & a real hockey battle but... now hoping all get better.

Comment

• I won’t blow smoke, I enjoyed this weekend quite a bit. But, I know we’ll probably see a very different Wolverine team in Minneapolis. Hopefully both are running on all cylinders then.

Comment

• That game Friday was actually quite good- Michigan pressured Minnesota quite a bit. But where they really had issues was puck control- so many times the puck just rolled off their stick in various situations that it really caused problems- lots of great chances were not able to be taken because of that, and I swear I saw that happen on one of the odd man rushes that scored. So close to getting and not allowing chances.

Alas, every big mistake we made, the Gophers were able to jump all over it and bury it.

I was hoping that post horn goal would energize the team, as it was a great one- but it took quite a while to get that chance to make it real. And with all of the puck luck problems, they still closed it late in the 3rd.

Encouraging, but I'm sure frustrating for the players. And I'm going to suggest that the play for the extra players should help the depth as the season goes on.

Comment

• Saw in the news that the very happy football team stopped at the game. Nice treat for those there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                            Saw in the news that the very happy football team stopped at the game. Nice treat for those there.
                            I wonder how much of that was an impulse. Bus pulls up to Schembechler Hall, they notice a full parking lot, think, 'hey there's a hockey game happening, let's share our excitement'

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                              Saw in the news that the very happy football team stopped at the game. Nice treat for those there.
                              I had not been to a game at Yost for about 5 years....until Saturday. The mood in the building was already good. When the football team filed in the crowd went bonkers. Great moment!
                              Let's Go Bobcats!
                              Go Blue!

Comment

• Big opportunity for conference points this weekend. Wisconsin has been struggling this season.

Does anyone know the status on the team's health? I just looked over the Michigan Daily article previewing the weekend which had the statement "Getting back out on the road with almost the entire roster healthy once again". So that sounds promising.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Working...
                                X