No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 22-23, new coach, new players, new era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez. I offer the concept of hobbies as a way of achieving good life balance.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I do. Do you have a problem with that? Do you just expect Tech to suck every season, and just over .500 is good enough? How about raise expectations?

I don't remember where we were picked in '98, but that team was far less talented than '97, but won an NC.

Make fun of me all you want, but Red made FF stops so regular that it becomes an expectation, even with "weak" teams to compete for an NC.

Sucks for you that you DON'T expect that of tech. You know what- now that Mel's not here anymore, how about your just worry about your own team? Why you bother to care so much what fans of other teams expect is curious. And that your expectations for your team is so very much lower is telling. Be a positive fan for once, maybe.
      This has ZERO to do with any other team. You made an outlandish claim, it was shown to be false with five years of proof that "we all" did not agree with your statement.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

This has ZERO to do with any other team. You made an outlandish claim, it was shown to be false with five years of proof that "we all" did not agree with your statement.

​​​​​
        Dude, it was an opinion. My expectations are my expectations. You clearly have lower expectations for Tech, which is sad. But that lower expectations does make it easier to deal with your school's history since your namesake ran the team.

Seeing the reactions on other boards over disappointments tells me that I'm not the only one with that expectation every season.

So I'm not sure what your point is to tell me I'm "false". It's real enough to me that it's real.

Comment

I'm happy that most of the weekends are Friday Saturday as it should be. During football season we get a Friday Sunday and a Thursday Friday to not conflict with home football. I'm kindda happy about that even. Then in February the Thursday outdoor Saturday.

I'm over the outdoor game spectacle. I like the sightlines in a hockey arena. That said, it could be fun to wear some Baltimore Ravens gear while cheering on my Wolverines in Cleveland. At least this time it's the football stadium and not the baseball stadium.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Any word on tickets yet? They asked for the money real early and with 3 day to the first puck drop and nothing. It will take the 3 days to figure out the download of the e-ticks. I hate them! can you tell?
            He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
              Any word on tickets yet? They asked for the money real early and with 3 day to the first puck drop and nothing. It will take the 3 days to figure out the download of the e-ticks. I hate them! can you tell?
              You should have received an email from mtickets@umich.edu to be able to download digital tickets. I received the email on 9/15. If you didn't, you should call the ticket office

I also hate the digital tickets

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
                We, too, got our tickets already. I didn't check the link in the email- went straight to the app and checked them there. I'll probably use the apple wallet for them when we finally go to a game.

Since we didn't go to a game last year, I really have no opinion of the e-tickets.

Comment

Has any of you heard of the website "The Rink Live"? It is based in North Dakota and covers midwest hockey. Here is an article they ran a couple weeks ago that gives us what is credited to Mel as saying what happened behind the scenes. It does not paint a complementary picture of Steve Shields.
                  https://www.therinklive.com/mens-div...wn-at-michigan
                  Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7
                  Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                    Has any of you heard of the website "The Rink Live"? It is based in North Dakota and covers midwest hockey. Here is an article they ran a couple weeks ago that gives us what is credited to Mel as saying what happened behind the scenes. It does not paint a complementary picture of Steve Shields.
                    https://www.therinklive.com/mens-div...wn-at-michigan
                    Yea, I'm beyond that now. I saw rumors about it on mgoblog, but never really looked into it. There's one lingering concern, but it has nothing to do with the direct people involved.

And skipping this weekend as well- last week was forced isolation, this weekend- I feel better not needing a mask to be around a large group. So are the times.

Comment

I haven't seen any posts from someone in awhile, but in case he still reads this thread....one of the highlights for me last week was when we scored back to back goals and hadn't finished the scoring announcement on the first one, the "as I was saying, Michigan's third goal..." That was awesome.

The following night also, I don't remember the exact wording but when Adam Fantalli scored the 2nd goal, "for real this time" or something like that, since the 1st goal was originally credited to him....before it was found that the puck tipped off of Duke for that one.

BU this weekend. Friday Sunday because...football. Looking forward to a visit to Ann Arbor from a fav uscho poster/fan of BU.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        I haven't seen any posts from someone in awhile, but in case he still reads this thread....one of the highlights for me last week was when we scored back to back goals and hadn't finished the scoring announcement on the first one, the "as I was saying, Michigan's third goal..." That was awesome.

The following night also, I don't remember the exact wording but when Adam Fantalli scored the 2nd goal, "for real this time" or something like that, since the 1st goal was originally credited to him....before it was found that the puck tipped off of Duke for that one.

BU this weekend. Friday Sunday because...football. Looking forward to a visit to Ann Arbor from a fav uscho poster/fan of BU.
                        You are right- we've not seen a post from him for a while.

And I wish I could see you all this weekend, but my test this morning tells me I can't. Bummer. At least when it clears up, going ot a game won't be a big deal at all.

Comment

Quite the start to the game thanks to BU taking two majors at the same time.

Comment

Head Butt? What is this, LaPointe, professional wrestling? Now you get the rest of the weekend off for that dumb play.

Comment

Between football and the very young hockey season, I had forgotten what losing felt like. I don't like it. Let's not.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Yea, I'm beyond that now. I saw rumors about it on mgoblog, but never really looked into it. There's one lingering concern, but it has nothing to do with the direct people involved.

And skipping this weekend as well- last week was forced isolation, this weekend- I feel better not needing a mask to be around a large group. So are the times.
                                Yes. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Comment

Working...
                                X