X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I've mentioned on forum before that MSU could have years ago put a woman's team in their old arena, Demonstration Hall but they put flooring in it and gave it to the band and made no provision for one with all the recent renovations to Munn.
    Bonnie told me she didn't know what the mindset was on where a Michigan women's team would play or be housed.
    Yost is already used for other amateur hockey- so converting a pair of the 4 extra rooms to the women should be pretty easy, theoretically. And the hockey office area used to house 2 other programs until the new athletic campus was finished- so adding office space for another team would also be pretty easy, theoretically.

As for the visitors- the current locker would be fine- it's already not all that great, with those odd temporary walls. But those are needed so that there's a direct route to the outside.

Not followed what's going on at Munn, as it's been a long time since we've been to a game there- but there *used* to be 4 full separate lockers. Munn used to host regional tournaments. And back then, there were 6 teams in a regional.

We have other rinks here in AA, but Yost just makes more sense.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

First, that would be very cool. Second, it's about darned time.

And that would probably lead to some renovations at Yost- since I would *hope* a women's team would get their own locker.

Oh, that would also probably open the other Michigan schools, especially State.
    I've mentioned on forum before that MSU could have years ago put a woman's team in their old arena, Demonstration Hall but they put flooring in it and gave it to the band and made no provision for one with all the recent renovations to Munn.
    Bonnie told me she didn't know what the mindset was on where a Michigan women's team would play or be housed.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    This is slightly off topic but I was just talking with my friend, Bonnie Tholl, Michigan's head softball coach and she told me the university president is indeed looking into starting a women's hockey program at Michigan!
    How about that?
    First, that would be very cool. Second, it's about darned time.

And that would probably lead to some renovations at Yost- since I would *hope* a women's team would get their own locker.

Oh, that would also probably open the other Michigan schools, especially State.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    This is slightly off topic but I was just talking with my friend, Bonnie Tholl, Michigan's head softball coach and she told me the university president is indeed looking into starting a women's hockey program at Michigan!
    How about that?

Leave a comment:

• StateofHockey78
    replied

Has become? You are well over 20 years behind the times. That kind of hate has been around for a very long time, from the era that Michigan was in the FF almost every year. Back then, the hated trio was BC, Minnesota, and Michigan.

Par for the course.
    MN & Mich have been hated since 1920 LOL

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
    Is it me or has UM become the Dallas Cowboys! People want them to LOSE and HATE them.. For me it the announcers love affair, and they do not have to work to recruit. BTW hit them from the start to finish and they don't engage, thought Colgate would have thrown one check. I will say this hire your coach, he is really good and he can recruit if he had to
    Has become? You are well over 20 years behind the times. That kind of hate has been around for a very long time, from the era that Michigan was in the FF almost every year. Back then, the hated trio was BC, Minnesota, and Michigan.

Par for the course.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Is it me or has UM become the Dallas Cowboys! People want them to LOSE and HATE them.. For me it the announcers love affair, and they do not have to work to recruit. BTW hit them from the start to finish and they don't engage, thought Colgate would have thrown one check. I will say this hire your coach, he is really good and he can recruit if he had to

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Sometimes fans really confuse me. It's good for your team, bad when it's the other team. Again, mgoblog- a poster is complaining that PSU is in the Allentown regional. Duh- they are hosting. I'm sure the same fans would really love to have a regional back at Yost. Or if we found an arena in close to here and got that placement.

The regionals are bad enough with the host being able to play there in terms of attendance and atmosphere. Don't make it worse.

And if we want a similar "advantage"- nothing is stopping Warde from putting in an application. Hopefully we will again. We don't automatically get Toledo in the near future- that's up for Bowling Green to get.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    When you put up 11, things like 9 different goal scorers and 16 players with points in 1 game happen.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Allentown is the tough regional with 2 B1G teams.
    i expected the blowout Minnie had last night and was surprised Canisus made that a game for as long as they did. I was not expecting the scoring clinic put on by the rest of the conference today.

Had that playoff hockey is too nerve racking feeling all day until half way through the 2nd. Especially after seeing the other B1G games, I thought to myself we will be the team that loses after everyone else win big.

Sunday match up with Penn State is likely to have me in nervous knots again.

Go Blue!

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    I wonder if it was intentional to put Michigan and Penn State in the same regional so there couldn't be the possibility of an all Big Ten Frozen Four?
    Well, unfortunately, Michigan got #3 overall, and PSU was the host of that region. Most of the previous projections had us going to Manchester.

That being said, ever since the WCHA got 4 teams at your FF, it sure seems that they want to make sure that it's less likely.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    I wonder if it was intentional to put Michigan and Penn State in the same regional so there couldn't be the possibility of an all Big Ten Frozen Four?

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Holy cow, a Pizza game in the tournament. Kind of a shock to have our top scoring game now. And it was funny how nervous I was at the beginning of the 2nd, as we were really sloppy with the puck. But that all changed fast.

And I was going to feel bad running it up until their top scorer butted Samoskavich. I was fine with them adding 3 more after that. The more the merrier. That was just lame. Colgate got into the tournament by winning their conference, so it was up to them to play good and hard, not us to give them a chance. And it was pretty frustrating to see Duke get some check from behinds that cost our team earlier in the season. So thanks for them calling the one that actually injured someone.

Normally, I'd be concerned that we used all of our goals, but PSU did as well against Tech.

One other thing- I checked mgoblog for their reaction after the butting call- and some of them really lost credibility- they didn't know who Sean Richlin is.
    Last edited by MichVandal; 03-24-2023, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StateofHockey78
    replied
    So that incredibly small difference in PWR seemed to have mattered a lot- I think we would have had problems with Cornell, too.
    Everyone is going to have problems with Cornell for sure. That gritty defense first style punishes sloppy play. DU just looked completely off to me. Maybe the Manchester travel messed them up, whatever the case happy we're going to have a new champ.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    So that incredibly small difference in PWR seemed to have mattered a lot- I think we would have had problems with Cornell, too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X