Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by model94 View Post

Yes. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    All of the people are gone, so what's the point of lingering on it? You all make zero sense. The rest of the team has had to move on pretty suddenly, why not do what they are doing?

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Between football and the very young hockey season, I had forgotten what losing felt like. I don't like it. Let's not.
      So we didn't go since was still testing positive, but the radio coverage made it sound like they were a little flat after a while. Hopefully Coach Naurato can balance the weekend better than we have in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

All of the people are gone, so what's the point of lingering on it? You all make zero sense. The rest of the team has had to move on pretty suddenly, why not do what they are doing?
        Are they?

Comment

Are they?
          Explain why it matters. And then explain why it matters to you.

Comment

Explain why it matters. And then explain why it matters to you.
            It's a simple question. Just asking for a friend. Seems to have hit a sensitive chord though.

Comment

It's a simple question. Just asking for a friend. Seems to have hit a sensitive chord though.
              You're right, it is a simple question he asked you. Answer it, or get off this thread. We're happy with the 5-1 start and don't need your clutter.
              ​​​​​​
              ​​​

Comment

Only seems sensitive to you, since you can't seem to get over it. So explain why it matters, or just go away. Indeed, it is a simple question.

I don't want to put you on my ignore list, but if you insist.

Comment

Nice to get the road sweep in the Soo. Maybe not a strong opponent, but still a W.
                  Since it wasn't a strong opponent, why so many penalties? We watched the feed for the Saturday game, 11 penalties on Michigan. Ugh. Only allowed 1 ppg, but not gonna win games against good teams if you spend 20+ minutes in the box.

Big test this weekend with the home and home vs. Western.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Only seems sensitive to you, since you can't seem to get over it. So explain why it matters, or just go away. Indeed, it is a simple question.

I don't want to put you on my ignore list, but if you insist.
                    Well. My unanswered question was even more simple. But to answer yours: If it were "my" program, I would be concerned that the root causes were not addressed. Maybe there are other sports at risk. Maybe there are cultural problems festering in other ways under the AD. Who knows. It is so curious why y'all are taking the rug sweep approach, combined with the ostrich head in sand approach, combined with the Oz wizard do not look behind the curtain approach. But if that's too stressful, by all means mute those asking. What happened was a pretty big deal and embarrassing to the university.

Comment

That doesn’t tell us why you are so obsessed with Michigan, though.

Do you personally get embarrassed by the school you root for? I get disappointed, but not embarrassed- that’s reserved for those who were part of it. I don’t take it personally that things happen beyond my control. And I also don’t pretend to have control over things I don’t.

If there are core questions, I’m happy to let the new president look into it, since it is his personal responsibility. And it would be a career ender to have something fester like that. I don’t see the former president getting a new job anytime soon.

so there, you are excused from worrying.

Comment

That doesn’t tell us why you are so obsessed with Michigan, though.

Do you personally get embarrassed by the school you root for? I get disappointed, but not embarrassed- that’s reserved for those who were part of it. I don’t take it personally that things happen beyond my control. And I also don’t pretend to have control over things I don’t.

If there are core questions, I’m happy to let the new president look into it, since it is his personal responsibility. And it would be a career ender to have something fester like that. I don’t see the former president getting a new job anytime soon.

so there, you are excused from worrying.
                        You have posted 2,765 comments in less than two years. Your friend Trumpet is closing in on 10,000. I have posted 116 since 2014. Yet I am apparently obsessed.

Comment

You have posted 2,765 comments in less than two years. Your friend Trumpet is closing in on 10,000. I have posted 116 since 2014. Yet I am apparently obsessed.
                          You are the only one here still trying to keep the subject alive. Most of your posts are that. Plus, you are not a Michigan fan.

so when the shoe fits.

Comment

Oh, yeah, a post count arguement. Super valid. Let me try.
                            26 of your last 30 posts have been in Michigan hockey threads. So, we are still waiting to understand why you are so obssessed with us.

As for what happened on the management side of Michigan hockey the last few years...I'm not sure we will know all the details or which side tells the more accurate story. The 'lying' on Covid forms I'm not as upset by after reading the explaination by Pearson in the interview someone posted earlier. If it was University policy to treat individuals that were tested every day and had negative results to not consider themselves close contacts...then policy was being followed. Was that the right policy? Unknown, in the earlier times of Covid everyone was just doing their best with what policies to impose, in many places we still are. I'm not sure there is a correct way to handle everything.

The question over wrongful termination was settled by the investigation saying it wasn't retaliation. The other things that came up in the course of the investigation need improving. Part of that solution was some staff changes. Is the culture fixed? Probably not. Is it improving? We hope so.

Moving on to the purpose of this thread: hockey. This weekend we have Western at home on Friday, then we travel to k-zoo on Saturday. Michigan is coming off a sweep at LSSU, Western had a split with Notre Dame last weekend with each team winning the game at their rink.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Now that we are feeling better..,, this should be our first home game since the end of the 2020 season. Long time.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Oh, yeah, a post count arguement. Super valid. Let me try.
                                26 of your last 30 posts have been in Michigan hockey threads. So, we are still waiting to understand why you are so obssessed with us.

As for what happened on the management side of Michigan hockey the last few years...I'm not sure we will know all the details or which side tells the more accurate story. The 'lying' on Covid forms I'm not as upset by after reading the explaination by Pearson in the interview someone posted earlier. If it was University policy to treat individuals that were tested every day and had negative results to not consider themselves close contacts...then policy was being followed. Was that the right policy? Unknown, in the earlier times of Covid everyone was just doing their best with what policies to impose, in many places we still are. I'm not sure there is a correct way to handle everything.

The question over wrongful termination was settled by the investigation saying it wasn't retaliation. The other things that came up in the course of the investigation need improving. Part of that solution was some staff changes. Is the culture fixed? Probably not. Is it improving? We hope so.

Moving on to the purpose of this thread: hockey. This weekend we have Western at home on Friday, then we travel to k-zoo on Saturday. Michigan is coming off a sweep at LSSU, Western had a split with Notre Dame last weekend with each team winning the game at their rink.
                                Not sure where this litmus test concept comes from, to have the honor of commenting here. Many years ago at a certain North Woods engineering school, one could take hockey as a physical Ed class. This was -1984. At that time the hockey program assigned its most junior asst coach to teach the class. He would later become head coach there as well as at a respected big 10 school. I took that class and had this man as a teacher. I also grew up attending games at yost in the 70s. I appreciated what he did at the North school and am personally not at all clear on what did and did not transpire recently, except to say that it was not handled with transparency. I do not “hate” the program however the arrogance displayed by many of its followers can be distasteful.

Comment

Working...
                                X