Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 22-23, new coach, new players, new era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

    Hughes was out most of the game, and they mentioned two others on the broadcast, but can’t remember their names.
    For sure if Hughes was out I can see why your team would be dragging, he's the rock on the back end and he eats minutes.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by StateofHockey78 View Post

      For sure if Hughes was out I can see why your team would be dragging, he's the rock on the back end and he eats minutes.
      Even with him, they seemed gassed last week against State at the end.

      The other freshmen have been picking up their scoring, too. But there was enough PK time to hurt as well.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

        Even with him, they seemed gassed last week against State at the end.

        The other freshmen have been picking up their scoring, too. But there was enough PK time to hurt as well.
        That's a good point, killing penalties at the rate they are taking them this year will wear your killers down in a game. If they can reduce the penalties in the post season, they would be pretty hard to beat in a clean game.

        Comment


        • Outdoor hockey is dumb.

          Pond hockey is acceptable, but gimmicks like football stadiums are dumb
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



          Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            Outdoor hockey is dumb.

            Pond hockey is acceptable, but gimmicks like football stadiums are dumb
            It's especially dumb when you are a fast skilled team and you sacrifice your advantage to OSU by skating in slop.

            Comment


            • The Whine is a fine Bordeaux today, I see. In addition to being the only D1 hockey program having to deal with injuries (incidentally MTU went through much of their early season with their top 4 D men out. They adjusted). , with perpetually bad refs, we now learn they were required to skate on an ice surface that not only was below their impeccable standards, but somehow managed only to affect one of two teams on the ice. Ah, to occupy such rarefied air.

              Comment


              • Not excited to be taking this winless streak into the B1G tournament. Nice of other teams to not do great, leaving us in 2nd place.

                We get to host Wisconsin in a best of 3 this weekend, a team that has been playing their best hockey recently. 3 of their 6 conference wins this season have been in the last 3 weeks where they split series with Minnesota, MSU and PSU.

                Could be a more interesting match up then we want it to be.

                Elsewhere in the conference, Notre Dame looks to just be on the good side of the PWR bubble, with MSU on the outside. That should be a good match up. I know which team I'll be cheering for.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

                Comment


                • How empty do we think Yost will be tomorrow? Looks like most of the seats in the North endzone are still available, and the weather is threatening ice and up to 8" of snow. We have tickets, but I don't know if we'll make it if it's as bad as predicted.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                  Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

                  Comment


                  • Survive and advance.
                    Let's Go Bobcats!
                    Go Blue!

                    Comment


                    • Didn’t see any of the games, and only heard a few bad seconds of fridays game… But how good could this team be with a decent defense? So much potential.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                        Didn’t see any of the games, and only heard a few bad seconds of fridays game… But how good could this team be with a decent defense? So much potential.
                        So Much Potential could become the Anthem of MI hockey. Goes to show you that 6-7 blue chip individual contributors does not a team make.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by model94 View Post

                          So Much Potential could become the Anthem of MI hockey. Goes to show you that 6-7 blue chip individual contributors does not a team make.
                          One could include BU, BC, and U of MN in that song as well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

                            One could include BU, BC, and U of MN in that song as well.
                            Realistically, unless your team isn’t capable of tying up their own skates, it’s true for all teams. Every team has potential; and as a fan, we all have expectations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                              Realistically, unless your team isn’t capable of tying up their own skates, it’s true for all teams. Every team has potential; and as a fan, we all have expectations.
                              That does not represent the situation at all. M is apparently so talented that half their team it seems plays in the world juniors, and as a consequence the team cannot possibly be expected to compete then. Now we hear they are just like anyone else. Pick one.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by model94 View Post

                                That does not represent the situation at all. M is apparently so talented that half their team it seems plays in the world juniors, and as a consequence the team cannot possibly be expected to compete then. Now we hear they are just like anyone else. Pick one.
                                We are better than everyone else, except when we need excuses for not being better than everyone else.
                                It's pretty simple. Mostly, we're just better than everyone else.


                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                                Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X