No announcement yet.

>< Michigan Tech Huskies 2022-23: Over One Century of Hockey ><

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you guys can get here. The amount of snow predicted and the strength of the winds that are supposed to be blowing the stuff around keep going up. The latest bulletin I saw said 18-25 inches of snow, with 45 mph wind gusts causing drifting.

https://www.keyc.com/weather/alerts/
    Last edited by MavsFan; 02-21-2023, 01:19 AM.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
      I hope you guys can get here. The amount of snow predicted and the strength of the winds that are supposed to be blowing the stuff around keep going up. The latest bulletin I saw said 18-25 inches of snow, with 45 mph wind gusts causing drifting.

https://www.keyc.com/weather/alerts/
      Yes, the storm is going to hit along the route Tech would take to get to Mankato. I don't ever remember a storm of that magnitude and combination ever hitting that part of MN River Valley/TC Metro Area. The wind, yes. Some snow, yes, but nothing above 12" at a time or 18" spread over a few days. I do know on the prairie, the blowing/drifting would keep things closed for a few days at a time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tech tried to make it to Duluth and practice on their rink and attempt to head south after the snow and wind moves out, late Thursday/early Friday.

Hope everyone is stocked up, the power stays on, the amazing MN road crews (I miss them) can do their thing, safe travels for the guys, everyone can hunker down, and we get two hard fought hockey games.
      Last edited by Lost_Husky; 02-21-2023, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Tech is planning on traveling to Duluth on Wednesday, staying overnight and then going to Mankato on Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Tech is planning on traveling to Duluth on Wednesday, staying overnight and then going to Mankato on Thursday.
          Thursday is going to be challenging. They are calling for more snow and worse for driving 15-20mph sustained winds.

I hope the guys don't have to roll into town Friday morning to play.

Comment

• The Huskies changed their travel plans, and they're now leaving today (Tuesday).

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              The Huskies changed their travel plans, and they're now leaving today (Tuesday).
              how long is the ride? I just got the updated word here in the twin cities 3-7 inches tonight and 10-20 inches tomorrow. The Governor just put the national guard on stand by haha. We'll make sure you get here.
              Last edited by StateofHockey78; 02-21-2023, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• I sincerely hope for safe travels.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by StateofHockey78 View Post

how long is the ride? I just got the updated word here in the twin cities 3-7 inches tonight and 10-20 inches tomorrow. The Governor just put the national guard on stand by haha. We'll make sure you get here.
                  7.5-8 hours if the weather is good.

With the winter storm/blizzard depends on the roads.

I hope they have safe travels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

7.5-8 hours if the weather is good.

With the winter storm/blizzard depends on the roads.

I hope they have safe travels.
                    should be fine, we didn't get as much as expected today, and the blob of snow is coming late afternoon.

Comment

• New commitment - Matthew Van Blaricom, a forward from the Humboldt Broncos. Leading all SJHL rookies in PPG as a 16 year-old after joining the team in November a year earlier than planned, because he was dominating in AAA.

https://www.sjhl.ca/matthew-van-blar...-michigan-tech
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-23-2023, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        New commitment - Matthew Van Blaricom, a forward from the Humboldt Broncos. Leading all SJHL rookies in PPG as a 16 year-old after joining the team in November a year earlier than planned, because he was dominating in AAA.

https://www.sjhl.ca/matthew-van-blar...-michigan-tech
                        Thanks for the update.

This has to be music to Joe's ears "...combines elite offensive skill with a physical edge and grit to his game. ...takes great pride in his academics off the ice."

Comment

• "Your game is getting worse every day, and you're playing like it's next week!"- Herb Brooks. Hockey Coach
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• can't believe no one posted on here tonight after the big W. I didnt get a chance to see the game, I assume Pietila stood on his head again tonight..

Comment

can't believe no one posted on here tonight after the big W.
                              That's because most people have moved over to the Tech Hockey Guide discord server, which is a better format for jokes and memes but a much worse one for thoughtful discussion.

Comment

can't believe no one posted on here tonight after the big W. I didnt get a chance to see the game, I assume Pietila stood on his head again tonight..
                                Well, I was leaving the game as the three stars were being announced, so I didn't hear it, but if he wasn't the #1 star, he should have been. Tomorrow night becomes a must win for the Mavs, in more ways than one. This loss dropped them to #15 in the Pairwise, a position unlikely to get an at-large NCAA bid. Another loss at home would likely drop them further.

Your guys played a solid game all night. It was definitely one of those games that, going into the third period, you could just feel that whoever got the first goal was going to win it.

Comment

Working...
                                X