X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guinness View Post

Me: "oh, how bad could it have been..."

Then me, looking at the box score: "LOL"

Hoping today is better too. These teams are still better than my sophomore year, where IIRC, they went 4-34, but that box score brings back NoDak memories. The ASU tourney is coming up soon too. These road/exposure games should be a time for Tech to step it up and at least be competitive.

NHL-related, don't know if anyone else noticed that Pheonix Copley got the win last night for LA, and Matt Roy has been a regular for awhile now...I can't remember the last time I've seen several former Tech players in a game.
    I was working/playing destination driver so didn't get to listen. My college roommate was texting and his comments were almost the same as yours. "This feels like when we were at Tech and would lose 10-0."

Comment

• Between the second and third periods I was standing up, on my phone not paying attention. The souvenir tee shirt thrower put one right up, it hit me in the shoulder and bounced forward. I believe that was the 11th save on 19 shots at that point in time from a gold jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Still it was really hard to watch and I thought the coaches comments after to the national media were lousy! Lousy, lousy, lousy!
        While the Spartans didn’t lose as badly as the Huskies, maybe Nightengale’s comments reflect a better approach. https://youtu.be/p7yhouQz8_Y?t=230
        While listening to the tone of his post game comments I found it ironic that Joe lambasted his players for focusing on themselves rather the team.

Comment

• Just watched the highlights on the MTU site; it looked like Sparty controlled most of the play, but I could be wrong.

I thought MSU had a brutal line change and caught completely flat footed on the winning goal in OT, but I think the Huskies will take the win. I guess something something for Tech breaking Sparty's unbeaten when scoring first streak too.

Comment

A. I bought a 50 dollar ticket at the box office. it was one of the last ones left. all the others were cheaper. my fees were 3.50.
            Thanks for the report. Good to know.

Comment

• This coach always blames the players.. How about keep your mouth shut and blame your self, your team was not prepared and you lost

Comment

• Tech has been playing with Forwards on D and we're without 2 starters on D in Lipe and Russell due to injury. The Western goals were so very impressive, but they had the time and space to execute with the overmatched D core for Tech. I too wish Coach would just say not our night - will be better tomorrow. This team has over-achieved this year, but now let's keep working the issues behind closed doors - not in public press conferences.

Comment

• Curious about how was attendance for GLI? The arena? Is this place a keeper?

Comment

• it's not the perfect arena, but it will suffice. Beer was 16 for a can and 20 for a large glass. a hotdog was 8.50.
                    attendance was 8500 the first night and 6500 the second night, roughly. Otherwise, sight lines were good from most seats, the guys who did the ice put wayyyy too much water down and delayed the start of every period while the teams waited for it to freeze.
                    I found parking 8 minute walk away, next to the bus station for 8 dollars vs 20, or more, in lots closer in. Plenty of food places walking distance to the rink. Hotels on town were expensive.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• I was surprised that WMU and Ferris didn't bring more fans. Ferris in particular was not much there. just a few. WMU had a lot but it's a big school and in relation to that, not all that many. Still pretty good number and way more than when they were in Detroit. I feel like the event made money but that's a WAG to tell the truth. I'm still unhappy about the ticketmaster rip off.

Comment

• The loooooooong cattle call to get past the hi tech wiz bang electronic ticket readers was not good.

Comment

• Radiolab (perhaps the 2nd best podcast) did a really good treatment of the John Scott story today. My 15 year old, who was in the car with me while we listened and has no personal connection to the lore, was astonished that it made me get emotional (but also enjoyed it)
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

it's not the perfect arena, but it will suffice. Beer was 16 for a can and 20 for a large glass. a hotdog was 8.50.
                            attendance was 8500 the first night and 6500 the second night, roughly. Otherwise, sight lines were good from most seats, the guys who did the ice put wayyyy too much water down and delayed the start of every period while the teams waited for it to freeze.
                            I found parking 8 minute walk away, next to the bus station for 8 dollars vs 20, or more, in lots closer in. Plenty of food places walking distance to the rink. Hotels on town were expensive.
                            Like the over $300 a night in Houghton for the Hampton or $240 for the Quality Inn next weekend?
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

Like the over $300 a night in Houghton for the Hampton or $240 for the Quality Inn next weekend?
                              Exactly. there has been times where i've stayed in Marquette honestly.

Also, if you notice the type of shots that WMU took and scored on vs us, every one of them was aimed at the top corner. Not a single shot that went in was aimed right at the center of the net. A couple of those quick 2x1 shots were just shoveled up . maybe we could take a message from that. These were not super hard shots, but they were aimed at the right spot for sure.

Third, did anyone else watch ASU vs BC. interesting games. ASU played well defensively in the second game in particular.

Comment

Third, did anyone else watch ASU vs BC. interesting games. ASU played well defensively in the second game in particular.
                                I watched both games. BC won the first decisively. ASU line change up & as you stated outstanding defense helped ASU win second game. Was too bad BC's leading scorer was missing along with 5 ASU starters.

Comment

Working...
                                X