>< Michigan Tech Huskies 2022-23: Over One Century of Hockey ><

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Michigan did just fine losing Toledo. Particularly after the full extent of the copper and iron reserves generally known to be in the western UP became public knowledge, and mining it became a major economic driver for the rest of the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Let's Go Huskies! If this team is serious about remaining in the hunt, this has to be a six-point weekend.
    Can't count them chickens affore the chickens play the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post

Can't count them chickens affore the chickens play the game.
      I don't think anyone who has watch this Tech team thought that a 6 point weekend was a given. Tech had a 4 point weekend last time they played LSSU. LSSU has a very good top line, are a big/physical team, and playing at home. Tech's offense can disappear on any given night, as was the case Friday.

Us Tech fans were hoping we could get all 6 points as there are very few points/teams with games in hand between 1st and 6th in the CCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        If this team is serious about remaining in the hunt, this has to be a six-point weekend.
        Games like this past weekend are what continue to separate Tech from nationally elite programs. You can NOT lose, much less get shut out by a team with TWO wins. Tech has now left five conference points on the table just against LSSU. You HAVE to beat the teams you should beat, home or away. The difference between 1st and 5th place is currently 5 pts. Come the end of the season, those five points are almost certainly going to represent multiple positions in the standings. Currently tied with Bemidji, but the Beavers have two games in hand on Tech.
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• I went to van Andel arena.com to buy tickets and found out that ticketmaster is handling all sales. No thanks, I'll just take my chances at the box office.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I went to van Andel arena.com to buy tickets and found out that ticketmaster is handling all sales. No thanks, I'll just take my chances at the box office.
            My understanding is the fees cannot be avoided, even at the box office. That used to not be the case, though it's been years since I've purchased a ticket at the Van Andel Arena box office.

So the cheapest two-day ticket for this year's GLI will set a person back $95.60. I paid $25 four years ago. Gonna sit this one out.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post

My understanding is the fees cannot be avoided, even at the box office. That used to not be the case, though it's been years since I've purchased a ticket at the Van Andel Arena box office.

So the cheapest two-day ticket for this year's GLI will set a person back $95.60. I paid $25 four years ago. Gonna sit this one out.
              I decided to bite the bullet but it may be my last time. Disappointing for sure. It used to be an affordable and enjoyable event.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post

I don't think that's totally accurate. I went back on the web site, and you have to be careful because if you google GLi tickets it's a third party reseller which is a lot more, but using van andel's web site, for a 50 dollar single ticket, the fees were 20 dollars. I would bet that if I go there the fees are 5 dollars.
                For a 30 dollar upper bowl seat the fees are 17.50, so still quite a bit in fees. I have no problem paying a small % fee but 40%?. seems like a lot to me.
                Last edited by manurespreader; 12-23-2022, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

I don't think that's totally accurate. I went back on the web site, and you have to be careful because if you google GLi tickets it's a third party reseller which is a lot more, but using van andel's web site, for a 50 dollar single ticket, the fees were 20 dollars. I would bet that if I go there the fees are 5 dollars.
                  For a 30 dollar upper bowl seat the fees are 17.50, so still quite a bit in fees. I have no problem paying a small % fee but 40%?. seems like a lot to me.
                  I recently paid $45 for $25 tix at Sanford arena in Bemidji for Beavs vs Devil's. Tempting to smuggle some plastic flasks in......

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

I recently paid $45 for $25 tix at Sanford arena in Bemidji for Beavs vs Devil's. Tempting to smuggle some plastic flasks in......
                    For the first several years, Sanford Center advertised no fees if you bought at the ticket office, despite being a Ticketmaster venue. It's been a while, so don't know if that's still a thing.
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

For the first several years, Sanford Center advertised no fees if you bought at the ticket office, despite being a Ticketmaster venue. It's been a while, so don't know if that's still a thing.
                      It's possible that's still the case. I did Ticketmaster as I didn't want to take the chance on no or scattered seats after a 150 mile drive, with 12, 9, 7 year old kids in tow.

Comment

• Holy ****.

Comment

• Thanks for forgetting when the game started. Really helped the CCHA OOC reputation...
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass
                          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                            Thanks for forgetting when the game started. Really helped the CCHA OOC reputation...
                            Ferris picked up the slack (surprisingly), which helps, but this was as bad as Tech has looked in a loooong time. Hopefully we can get back on track tomorrow.

Comment

• A. I bought a 50 dollar ticket at the box office. it was one of the last ones left. all the others were cheaper. my fees were 3.50.
                              The sales associate told me they had 7000 pre sales prior to the actual day box office sales.
                              B. Tech is paying the price now for starting 3 forwards on defense over the last 6-8 weeks. Maybe one of these days we will get these regular D men back but until then we have to live with porous defense. Which is exactly the wrong thing if you are playing WMU. Still it was really hard to watch and I thought the coaches comments after to the national media were lousy! Lousy, lousy, lousy!

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post

Ferris picked up the slack (surprisingly), which helps, but this was as bad as Tech has looked in a loooong time. Hopefully we can get back on track tomorrow.
                                Me: "oh, how bad could it have been..."

Then me, looking at the box score: "LOL"

Hoping today is better too. These teams are still better than my sophomore year, where IIRC, they went 4-34, but that box score brings back NoDak memories. The ASU tourney is coming up soon too. These road/exposure games should be a time for Tech to step it up and at least be competitive.

NHL-related, don't know if anyone else noticed that Pheonix Copley got the win last night for LA, and Matt Roy has been a regular for awhile now...I can't remember the last time I've seen several former Tech players in a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X