No announcement yet.

>< Michigan Tech Huskies 2022-23: Over One Century of Hockey ><

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's just be thankful there are no style points in the Pairwise.

Comment

• Amen!. I was very disappointed in all the reach in penalties we took. not moving our feet and trying to make up for it by slashing them. Not that the refs did a good job, but we brought a lot of it on ourselves.
      if you want to complain about the refs, watch the overtime from friday night of the MSU vs NMU game. Now that will get you upset.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• We can't play like that against MnSU. We have to play mistake free hockey to stay in the game against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          if you want to complain about the refs, watch the overtime from friday night of the MSU vs NMU game. Now that will get you upset.
          I know this is the tech thread and I very rarely complain about the refs, but the reffing the whole weekend was ugly. I will write it off to the refs having a rough weekend, but that was gross.

i cant count the number of times a play happened right in front of a ref and they didn't call anything and the ref halfway down the ice called a penalty when there wasn't a penalty. It was weird because thing I thought were obvious didnt get called, but stuff in which a guy would lose his edge would get called.

The waved off goal for vanderbeck probably shouldnt have been waved off (im not sure as they didnt show a replay in the arena), but the nmu non-alcoholic and msu penalty that followed was just as bad. I didn't think Saturday got any better.
          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• I went and watched the BU vs Notre Dame game last night. I didn't think either team was great. BU did show a ton of skill and skating ability. Hopefully we see them in January.

Comment

• A well-deserved win by your guys tonight.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• I was shocked how bad Minnesota state was in the first and I was shocked how bad MTU was in the third. Hopefully Lipe isn't hurt too bad. We already have two forwards playing D.

Comment

• Would've been nice to finally grab a sweep at home against what is the closest thing to a rebuilding team MSU has had in years. But I'll still take 4 out of 6 points.

Comment

• Considering that the Mavs have won at least one game in their previous 48 conference series dating back to 14-15 December of 2018 vs BGSU, I think 4 points is a significant accomplishment.

Comment

• I do not get the 2 forwards playing D, how many times did Minn State just skake around them.. Tech has been really lucky so far as Peitila has saved their butts. Just bad coaching

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                        I do not get the 2 forwards playing D, how many times did Minn State just skake around them.. Tech has been really lucky so far as Peitila has saved their butts. Just bad coaching
                        Injuries, low number of rostered D-men, young/inexperienced D-core, and trying to teach those forwards a puck possession lesson in practice and coaches liked what they saw.

Joe likes having at least 1 guy who can play F or D in the line-up to give him some flexibility.

In Blake we trust, there is NO doubt about that. He is an outstanding goalie.

I would argue Joe and staff are coaching their butts off. The players are growing and stepping up. This is/was a rebuilding year for Tech. They were picked 6th in the CCHA pre-season poll. It is late November and not every team has played the same number of games, but to be sitting in first in the CCHA, ranked 15th in the PW, and took 4 out of 6 points from Mankato with all the injuries is a major accomplishment for this team!
                        Last edited by Lost_Husky; 11-28-2022, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                          I do not get the 2 forwards playing D, how many times did Minn State just skake around them.. Tech has been really lucky so far as Peitila has saved their butts. Just bad coaching
                          Lots and lots of injuries and some guys still playing hurt as well. It's not a good situation for sure.

Comment

• I agree they're doing a lot better than most of us thought they would be, but perhaps the bigger question is why all the injuries? The guys who have been injured aren't freshmen either. Has it simply been bad luck, or were 5th year transfers like Jankowski and O'Connell just not physically prepared for the heavier & dirtier style of CCHA hockey?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I agree they're doing a lot better than most of us thought they would be, but perhaps the bigger question is why all the injuries? The guys who have been injured aren't freshmen either. Has it simply been bad luck, or were 5th year transfers like Jankowski and O'Connell just not physically prepared for the heavier & dirtier style of CCHA hockey?
                              I don't think there is one specific reason. It is hard to do our armchair analyzing without knowing exactly what the injuries are. I would assume a combination of strength and conditioning coach, Tyler, and Jordy would have the guys in top physical shape.

Thorne, Jed, and Lipe have also been banged up so I don't think it is a transfer thing. Lipe and Thorne logged a lot of minutes last year, so they should know what to expect.

Comment

• NMU Sucks! Go Tech!!

I just hope Tech has a few more healthy defensemen than last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X