No announcement yet.

>< Michigan Tech Huskies 2022-23: Over One Century of Hockey ><

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great weekend of Tech hockey. Still some things to clean up, but I really like Crespi on D. Whatever Joe and the coaches are doing is working. They still feel like a 3-6 CCHA team, but if they can beat the teams they should beat, there is a good chance at Home Ice.

Comment

I know it's early, but I find it interesting that the Pairwise has Tech at #12 right now. Looking over the last several weekends, I see inconsistent play...with things getting better each weekend. If this team can play consistently the way the played SLU this weekend, then there is a lot of potential...way more than I thought going into the season. I am particularly surprised by the opportunistic and balanced scoring. I wonder if some of that is due to some new approaches that Jordy Murray has brought to the team.

Comment

Congrats to Blake on CCHA Goalie of the week.

How on earth is Jake Livingstone with a 2 point weekend and even +/- is the forward of the week? Livingstone is a very good player, but the write-up sounds like they had one game to pick from. Was he everywhere on the ice? Did he always have the puck on his stick and his play made BGSU look silly? I didn't watch the game so please let me know if I missed something.

I will begrudgingly accept the Mildcat goalie getting rookie of the week, even though they split with UAA in Marquette. 0.920 save percentage is great for a goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison Husky View Post
          I know it's early, but I find it interesting that the Pairwise has Tech at #12 right now. Looking over the last several weekends, I see inconsistent play...with things getting better each weekend. If this team can play consistently the way the played SLU this weekend, then there is a lot of potential...way more than I thought going into the season. I am particularly surprised by the opportunistic and balanced scoring. I wonder if some of that is due to some new approaches that Jordy Murray has brought to the team.
          Personally, when the opponent is not that hot we look good, but with a quicker opponent and one with more skill who can pressure us more in our zone, I don't think we are that much better. What is better is that we score goals on our opportunities. I like that a lot..
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Madison Husky View Post
            It's purely a statistical calculation and does not have much meaning so early in the season.

Comment

Big road win!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                How on earth is Jake Livingstone with a 2 point weekend and even +/- is the forward of the week? Livingstone is a very good player, but the write-up sounds like they had one game to pick from. Was he everywhere on the ice? Did he always have the puck on his stick and his play made BGSU look silly? I didn't watch the game so please let me know if I missed something.

Livingstone is a defenseman, so there is that.
                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Very hard nosed game tonight. A lot going on away from the puck. Quite a few uncalled penalties. egregious ones at that.

Comment

I thought tonight's game could have been a lot closer but the pk and the lack of production on the pp just killed us. We didn't compete at all in those areas of the game, and Bg was better defensively tonight than last night. Plus goaltending wasn't great. So.. and when was the last time we were on the losing end of a score like this? I can't remember when. Not an enjoyable night to sit in the other arena and listen to their fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      and when was the last time we were on the losing end of a score like this?
                      The last time we lost by 5 or more was February 2, 2018, also at Bowling Green. That was a 7-2 loss.

Comment

Very hard nosed game tonight. A lot going on away from the puck. Quite a few uncalled penalties. egregious ones at that.
                        I agree. One would think the league/NCAA would pay attention to a team that consistently gets majors called against them. There were several that weren't called well away from the puck. Some of the minors called on Tech were head scratchers based on what was not called.

Tech looked terrible on ice. They had no energy after the 2 quick goals. There was very little teamwork. Entered the zone with the puck, went straight towards net, and shot on goal. We were on our heels most of the game and never able to get things under control. My friends and I just wanted the game to be over at Tech was showing nothing outside of the reviewed non-goal.

Comment

• Multiple new commits in the last week as an NLI signing period opened up. Two Euros currently playing in Finland, and two Minnesotans currently playing in the USHL.

Comment

• I sure wish the power play was better.

Comment

• For anyone interested, the can podcast this week has a segment on MSU and a coach interview. I'm not a huge Adam woden fan but the info was pretty good.

Comment

I sure wish the power play was better.
                                I think we all wish the power play was better. I don't know why the guys think they can stand around on the PP. Someone should always be in motion to stress the defenders. I know this isn't basketball, but when a team is playing a zone, the offense's goal is to keep the zone moving and looking for an imbalance. If you work your spacing, movement, and passing right, someone will be wide open for a shot each and every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X