>< Michigan Tech Huskies 2022-23: Over One Century of Hockey ><

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    If you really want to find out about your team and it's players, there is no better game than last night. I liked how a number of guys made a case for themselves. I also thought quite a few teachable moments. It would be good if the PK/and pp were better.
    I didn't get to watch/listen to the games, but caught the post game interviews. This could be a long season of ups and downs. Hopefully the Alaska trip puts more things in place.

Comment

This coming weekend we have some really important non conference games across the league . No way to overstate it really.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

This coming weekend we have some really important non conference games across the league . No way to overstate it really.
        The league really needs those wins against the NCHC. That will really help the PW. We need W's from more than MnSU (who has a brutal NC schedule).

I hope Tech can keep up their end of the bargain in Alaska. Unfortunately, it is looking like Blake will need to steal two games to make that happen.

Comment

We'll see. They took a big step forward last week and Alaska is beatable.

Comment

Two things about last weekend, and the highlights don't show it but Bronte did a fantastic job. Early in the game we were sitting back relatively and absorbing what the US team was throwing and you could see the team was kind of getting down. then Bronte gets the puck and just explodes up the ice with two guys draped all over him. He didn't score off the rush but we did score on that sequence. After that the game became a lot more up and down and our guys just started going harder. And suddenly their D was having a lot more trouble making plays. It became a totally different game.

Second, I sat next to two scouts from Toronto. They had obviously never been to Tech and not scouted College a whole lot. I got a line up sheet from them. Anyway once the puck dropped and the misfits started cheering, those two guys were the most shocked guys in the place.They could not believe what they heard. They should get out more. I saw scouts from three teams but i'm sure there were others there. Red line report was there and some others I couldn't tell who they were. Houghton is indeed a special place to play hockey.

Comment

Two things about last weekend, and the highlights don't show it but Bronte did a fantastic job. Early in the game we were sitting back relatively and absorbing what the US team was throwing and you could see the team was kind of getting down. then Bronte gets the puck and just explodes up the ice with two guys draped all over him. He didn't score off the rush but we did score on that sequence. After that the game became a lot more up and down and our guys just started going harder. And suddenly their D was having a lot more trouble making plays. It became a totally different game.

Second, I sat next to two scouts from Toronto. They had obviously never been to Tech and not scouted College a whole lot. I got a line up sheet from them. Anyway once the puck dropped and the misfits started cheering, those two guys were the most shocked guys in the place.They could not believe what they heard. They should get out more. I saw scouts from three teams but i'm sure there were others there. Red line report was there and some others I couldn't tell who they were. Houghton is indeed a special place to play hockey.
              I practically grew up in Dee Stadium and remember when the Ice Arena was built and opened.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

THG: Skating Through Hell: The David Johnstone Story

https://www.techhockeyguide.com/2022...hnstone-story/

Comment

I wonder how long the Wisconsin coach lasts?

Comment

IMO, not very. 2 winning seasons in 6 years and only 1 NCAA birth, add in an 0-4-0-0 start,... If Minnesota is their measuring stick, Motzko has had 4 winning seasons in 4 years and never finished below 3rd in the B1G, and currently sits #1 in the polls. Looking at the wider B1G, U of MI is another top tier team nationally, Norte Dame and OSU are solid programs. PSU can beat anyone on any given night. Sparty is on the upswing. Wisconsin has no momentum/buzz. I think they are going to/have to do something.

Comment

I see we have a new commit. I'll let someone else describe him but seems pretty good.

Comment

I see we have a new commit. I'll let someone else describe him but seems pretty good.
                        Logan Morrell played his first season of USHL hockey last year and turned 19 in August, so he could join the team in 2023 or 2024 depending on his development. Was verbally committed to Quinnipiac at one point while playing junior out east in the NCDC a couple years ago, I'm guessing the lost 2020-2021 season and the administrative decisions, roster churn, and other uncertainties brought on by the pandemic must have led him to his current situation. Without seeing any video and going purely off stats, he looks like he fits the typical Shawhan mold of having a big frame with at least some offensive ability/potential.

Comment

Well that was an interesting game saturday. I think we made a step forward, but we have more to go for sure. I was sitting there wondering why we continually passed the puck to their open players on the point, time after time, but other than that I thought it was much better. I also thought the refs were pretty good. some rightful non calls.

Comment

Well that was an interesting game saturday. I think we made a step forward, but we have more to go for sure. I was sitting there wondering why we continually passed the puck to their open players on the point, time after time, but other than that I thought it was much better. I also thought the refs were pretty good. some rightful non calls.
                            Agreed. It was good to see the team play significantly better on Saturday. If they can consistently play like this, it is going to be an enjoyable season. I still hate 3 on 3/shootout OT. Was a little surprised with the change in net and going with Crespi on D. I know Joe has toyed with it, but interesting call that seemed to work.

Be interesting to see the line-up against St Lawrence next week.

Comment

I'm not surprised at the change in starting goaltender for Saturday. Vayrynen is a very capable goalie and, not to put everything on goaltending as there's a lot that went wrong on Friday, but Blake knows he has to be better than he was in the final 20 minutes of Friday's game.

Comment

We played St Lawrence twice since 2010. once in 10-11 and again in 11-12. home one year and there the next.

Comment

Working...
                                X