No announcement yet.

>< Michigan Tech Huskies 2022-23: Over One Century of Hockey ><

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically, he makes Shields out to be the villain for the most serious allegations, then at the end of the interview barely takes much accountability himself. I guess the buck doesn't stop with the head coach.

It is clear though, that something happened between them. Like maybe with the experience and confidence Steve gained while working jobs away from Pearson, it just became two too many egos for one program and Shields decided to air the dirty laundry on his way out.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      So basically, he makes Shields out to be the villain for the most serious allegations, then at the end of the interview barely takes much accountability himself. I guess the buck doesn't stop with the head coach.

It is clear though, that something happened between them. Like maybe with the experience and confidence Steve gained while working jobs away from Pearson, it just became two too many egos for one program and Shields decided to air the dirty laundry on his way out.
      Yeah Mel, I totally believe you when you say that you didn't cancel the WMU game. Yup, total belief. What a joke.
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Yeah Mel, I totally believe you when you say that you didn't cancel the WMU game. Yup, total belief. What a joke.
        Especially when there is an email trail.

Comment

Teams I've added to the I can't stand that team list. St. Thomas, ASU, MSU. Joining other teams already there.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Imagine if the pep band were to play this during the game. Awesome. It's from the Ballet Romeo and juliet by Prokofiev.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_hOR50u7ek

Comment

Lakehead beat wisconsin in OT today.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Teams I've added to the I can't stand that team list. St. Thomas, ASU, MSU. Joining other teams already there.
                Tech seemed to play well on Saturday. Being an exhibition, I don't know how much there is to take away.

Comment

I think we'll find out a lot during the joe show but what I took away. Pederson played quite well. He's a factor in front of the net and will really help in allowing our d men to score more, imho, a major step forward, . .... We have some offense we haven't had for some time..... some players from last year have gotten better, hopefully more will show up tonight as well. .... goaltending is the best in the league.... Defense is not as bad as we feared.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Tech seemed to play well on Saturday. Being an exhibition, I don't know how much there is to take away.
                    When I looked over Saturday's lineup, it seemed to me Joe really seized the chance to get looks at a lot of players who've previously been buried on the depth chart (Pedersen, Nordstorm, Works) or in-and-out of the lineup (Ganie) and see who answered the call. I'd expect more of the same tonight, with 2 or 3 other forwards subbing in. Not sure if we'll see any substitutions on defense.

Comment

Is it me or has this group grown by leaps and bounds? Yes, two exhibition games, but one was against a decent LSSU team. The D isn't making the number of turnovers/lapses I was expecting. The offense is scoring, players are finding open ice by the net, and are attacking. Ferris and the US Development team will be good tests. FSU will take away time/space and force us to grind things out. I'm interested to see who makes the trip.

Comment

There was the one pretty ugly turnover in the Lakehead game that required Vayrynen to bail them out, and we did have longer benches than we will be able to during the season, but I'm cautiously feeling better about the upcoming season. I think there's a decent chance they could finish with home ice for the first round of the CCHA playoffs. That said, I don't consider the Thunderwolves to have been much of a test. On Sunday they gave it their all to edge a Wisconsin team currently looking at the basement of the B1G, then had to pile into the bus and travel 6-7 hours to Houghton for our game on Monday night.

I think the overall takeaway from these two exhibition games is that there is the potential for several players to have breakout years now that there's more room at the top of the depth chart. How many of them step up and lead the charge will largely determine how the season goes.

Comment

I hate when we play Ferris they are so boring and just stand in the way of shots. goodness Go Tech

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            There was the one pretty ugly turnover in the Lakehead game that required Vayrynen to bail them out, and we did have longer benches than we will be able to during the season, but I'm cautiously feeling better about the upcoming season. I think there's a decent chance they could finish with home ice for the first round of the CCHA playoffs. That said, I don't consider the Thunderwolves to have been much of a test. On Sunday they gave it their all to edge a Wisconsin team currently looking at the basement of the B1G, then had to pile into the bus and travel 6-7 hours to Houghton for our game on Monday night.

I think the overall takeaway from these two exhibition games is that there is the potential for several players to have breakout years now that there's more room at the top of the depth chart. How many of them step up and lead the charge will largely determine how the season goes.
                            Agreed. Sucks that Ganie may be out. If his game against LSSU was any indications, Tech could have 2 very good lines.

The next two games will be an ideal test to see what this team is made of. We get the grit and grind of FSU and the high skill of the Development Team. Go Tech!

Comment

Here's my report on the NTDP vs LSSU game from tonight.
                              the US team is very quick. 50-50 pucks especially they are just so quick to the puck they bounce it out and if you haven't taken the body they are by you in a flash.
                              They are very skilled. Of the first 4 goals, two were on breakaways from the blue line in after springing the weak side winger, often the left side.
                              the other two were on the power play where their hands can be an advantage for them.
                              they forecheck aggressively and pressure the puck very hard. They don't give D men any time to make a play and they can burn you on turnovers.
                              they try to turn you over just inside your own blue line and had a lot of success doing that.
                              and goaltending was quite good.
                              lake state didn't play the body enough and tried to play a skill game. also they played a lot of players I didn't recognize.
                              I didn't think the game was well referred.

Looking forward to seeing some fellow Tech fans tomorrow.

Comment

If you really want to find out about your team and it's players, there is no better game than last night. I liked how a number of guys made a case for themselves. I also thought quite a few teachable moments. It would be good if the PK/and pp were better.

Comment

Working...
                                X