No announcement yet.

>< Michigan Tech Huskies 2022-23: Over One Century of Hockey ><

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get your GLI tickets yet? They have gone on sale to alumni and students. Not sure about the general public.

Comment

If anyone from this message board is heading up to the Tech alumni reunion / MTU Hockey 100th celebration this weekend, I'll be putting roughly 40 different jersey styles from my Huskies game worn jersey collection on display in the JMSIA. They will be hung up for public viewing starting on Saturday afternoon through the end of the evening (Blizzard's pregame party, alumni hockey game, Bill's book signing, post game social, etc). I'll have a little table near the entrance so feel free to stop by and say hi. It would be great to put names and faces with some of the USCHO forum folks.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

RIP Marv Parson
        In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
          RIP Marv Parson
          He will forever be winless against Michigan Tech!

Comment

Merv deserves compassion. In light of all he’s done to college hockey and student-athletes, I’d be happy to welcome him back as junior assistant to the equipment manager’s laundry boy, at volunteer pay.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              I’d be happy to welcome [Marv] back as junior assistant to the equipment manager’s laundry boy, at volunteer pay... for the Northern Michigan Mildcats.
              Fixed your suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                If anyone from this message board is heading up to the Tech alumni reunion / MTU Hockey 100th celebration this weekend, I'll be putting roughly 40 different jersey styles from my Huskies game worn jersey collection on display in the JMSIA. They will be hung up for public viewing starting on Saturday afternoon through the end of the evening (Blizzard's pregame party, alumni hockey game, Bill's book signing, post game social, etc). I'll have a little table near the entrance so feel free to stop by and say hi. It would be great to put names and faces with some of the USCHO forum folks.
                I wish I could have seen it. If you have pictures to share here that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by model94 View Post

I wish I could have seen it. If you have pictures to share here that would be great.
                  https://twitter.com/mtuhky/status/1556006398458073089

Comment

I do not miss Piano Dog.

Comment

Originally posted by model94 View Post
                      We kept the Esposito / Best jersey out of the rafters so fans could see it up close. I can't count the number of people who commented "That was a goalie jersey..." or something similar when they saw the size. There wasn't a lot of padding being worn in the 1960s, however no one was shooting the puck with a carbon fiber stick capable of 100+ mph slapshots either. Simply said, it was a different era for sure.

The Tony Esposito / Rick Best Jersey
                      https://twitter.com/LAKERMITCH/statu...22864671145988

Comment

So help me out here. I assume all the players are now on campus? and if so do we have a roster for this year yet? I'm excited to see the newcomers.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          So help me out here. I assume all the players are now on campus? and if so do we have a roster for this year yet? I'm excited to see the newcomers.
                          No new roster yet, though all but one of the expected newcomers appear in the directory:

Oliver Bezick
                          Frank Dovorany
                          Topi Heiskanen
                          David Jankowski
                          Kyle Kukkonen
                          Trevor Kukkonen
                          Michael Morelli
                          Evan Orr
                          Kash Rasmussen
                          Kasper Vaharautio
                          Max Vayrynen
                          Jack Works

Only Ryan O'Connell is not listed.

Also, every expected returning player is listed except Tristan Ashbrook and Ryland Mosley.

Comment

So, I assume everyone is back but I still can't seem to find any roster info. last years is what is still up on the mtu web site

MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So, I assume everyone is back but I still can't seem to find any roster info. last years is what is still up on the mtu web site
                              Historically Tech has been terrible about updating hockey information over the summer. I would think they would want to keep everyone updated and excited about hockey instead of cramming it all in right before the start of the season.

Comment

Roster is up. No surprises.

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...2022-23/roster

EDIT: 31 players on the roster, 14 of whom have never played a college game.
                                Last edited by redwing61; 08-27-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X