Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA v2.9.1 - BGSU BSU FSU LSSU MSU MTU NMU UST & Special Guests - The Augie Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moose97
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I'm also pretty sure that nhl players come to almost every teams rink every summer.
    BSU doesn't have any ice of their own in the summer for NHL players to "come back" to.
    All that being said, I'm still ****ed.
    I mean, fair. But not a reason to ignore reality.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

So you know that's why he left? He's so shallow an individual that "30,000 girls in bikinis" is the motivation? I would have given him more credit that that but hey, you're the purported insider.
    Lighten up. Its ok to have some fun.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

I'm that shallow. Is that wrong?
    I read it as that being the only reason he made the move. I was giving him more credit than that, not discounting it completely. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Is this a serious statement? Besides the weather (hint, it was 73 here today & 34 in Bemidji), ASU plays in front of a near sellout crowd every game compared to BSU's inflated 1700 figure. ASU benefits from Auston Matthews using their facilities every summer and interacting with their players who stay on campus. ASU has also had substantial facilities upgrades based on hosting Coyotes games that BSU doesn't. He gets to play with multiple (currently 3) other NHL players kids which gives him access to additional high level feedback. There are probably more scouts at ASU games than BSU games. He has many more home games at ASU vs BSU, and no longer has to deal with a 14+ hour bus ride to BG, as ASU flies everywhere.
    Well I disagree that he is seen by more scouts. The NHL sees every team as much as they want. Playing with kids of NHL players, hmm, are they good? Are they better players because they are kids of NHL players? It is warmer, yep, that is true, it's also true that they fly everywhere. just like the b1g does. I'd be surprised if the weight room was all that much different though and i doubt the ice is any better or the boards, but i am sure the shower room is nicer. I'm also pretty sure that nhl players come to almost every teams rink every summer. I also doubt if powers is any better of a coach than Saretore, but heck maybe. All that being said, I'm still ****ed.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

He's so shallow an individual that "30,000 girls in bikinis" is the motivation?

I'm that shallow. Is that wrong?

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

I'm still ****ed that Silinger left for ASU and I don't see how the move benefitted him.
    Is this a serious statement? Besides the weather (hint, it was 73 here today & 34 in Bemidji), ASU plays in front of a near sellout crowd every game compared to BSU's inflated 1700 figure. ASU benefits from Auston Matthews using their facilities every summer and interacting with their players who stay on campus. ASU has also had substantial facilities upgrades based on hosting Coyotes games that BSU doesn't. He gets to play with multiple (currently 3) other NHL players kids which gives him access to additional high level feedback. There are probably more scouts at ASU games than BSU games. He has many more home games at ASU vs BSU, and no longer has to deal with a 14+ hour bus ride to BG, as ASU flies everywhere.
    Last edited by moose97; 12-20-2023, 01:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Sillinger - 30,000 girls in bikinis on campus in January?
    So you know that's why he left? He's so shallow an individual that "30,000 girls in bikinis" is the motivation? I would have given him more credit that that but hey, you're the purported insider.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied

Good. And yes it is far-flung, though maybe not as bad as having two Alaska teams. I'm still ****ed that Silinger left for ASU and I don't see how the move benefitted him. And honestly, usually, I couldn't care less what happens in Bemidji.
    Sillinger - 30,000 girls in bikinis on campus in January?

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I’m a midwesterner like everyone else and all I was trying to point out is how far flung our league has become (thereby indirectly agreeing with you about Augustana). Nothing more.

I’ve heard of this rumor from three separate sources, however, all of them are in someway tied to the greater Husky nation. Here’s a new rumor for you folks to try on: Tech is trying to kick us out of our own league ;-) lolz

We aren’t going anywhere.
    Good. And yes it is far-flung, though maybe not as bad as having two Alaska teams. I'm still ****ed that Silinger left for ASU and I don't see how the move benefitted him. And honestly, usually, I couldn't care less what happens in Bemidji.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

You are not from the East, are you? Miles to somewhere in the east are almost completely meaningless and have very little relation to how long it takes to get there. I hope it's untrue that's why I said it's a rumor. Also I think bringing in Augustana was a mistake and I've been against it even though they are building a rink. I'm just hoping we don't also bring in Lindenwood.
    I’m a midwesterner like everyone else and all I was trying to point out is how far flung our league has become (thereby indirectly agreeing with you about Augustana). Nothing more.

I’ve heard of this rumor from three separate sources, however, all of them are in someway tied to the greater Husky nation. Here’s a new rumor for you folks to try on: Tech is trying to kick us out of our own league ;-) lolz

We aren’t going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Bowling Green, OH is 100 miles closer to Providence, RI than Sioux Falls, SD.

And we are not moving to Atlantic Hockey. The rumor you heard isn't the least bit accurate. I would love to know how that one got started.
    You are not from the East, are you? Miles to somewhere in the east are almost completely meaningless and have very little relation to how long it takes to get there. I hope it's untrue that's why I said it's a rumor. Also I think bringing in Augustana was a mistake and I've been against it even though they are building a rink. I'm just hoping we don't also bring in Lindenwood.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    I heard a rumor so I did a quick study to see how long BGSU bus rides might be in different scenarios.
    Bowling Green, OH is 100 miles closer to Providence, RI than Sioux Falls, SD.

And we are not moving to Atlantic Hockey. The rumor you heard isn't the least bit accurate. I would love to know how that one got started.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied
    I was thinking maybe the CCHA could salvage the season..... Until Mankato lost to RPI. Seriously guys. RPI?
    Same thing that's hurt us a lot - We struggle to get it cleanly out of our zone, and as a result, we pick up too many penalties. Our D corp is learning on the job this year, and there are moments that are rough.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I was thinking maybe the CCHA could salvage the season..... Until Mankato lost to RPI. Seriously guys. RPI?

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I heard a rumor so I did a quick study to see how long BGSU bus rides might be in different scenarios.

in the CCHA.
    BGSU to FSU 3 hr 40 minutes.
    BGSU to LSSU 5 hr 33 minutes
    BGSU to NMU 7 hr 31 minutes
    BGSU to Mankato 10 hours
    BGSU to Augustana 12 hours
    BGSU to st Thomas 9 hr 30 minutes
    BGSU to BSU 13 hours
    BGSU to MTU 9 hrs 9 minutes

in Atlantic Hockey
    BGSU to Robert Morris 3 hr 30 minutes
    BGSU to Canisiuis 4 hr 45 minutes
    BGSU to Bentley 11 hours
    BGSU to Air Force 19 hours
    BGSU to LIU 9 hrs 30 minutes
    BGSU to Niagra 5 hours
    BGSU to RIT 5 hr 35 minutes
    BGSU to AIC 10 hours
    BGSU to Holy Cross 10 hrs 30 minutes
    BGSU to Sacred Heart 9 hrs 30 minutes
    BGSU to Army 9 hours

Notes. Travel is impeded in the UP due to bad roads starting in January.
    No stops are considered even though you will have to stop every so often. Add 1 hour for all trips over 6 hrs long.
    Winter time travel over the mountains to any eastern school will add significantly to travel time, especially on I 80. But also on the MASS pike or NY Thruway, on cold days roadway on I 80 is horrible.
    Travel to any NYC or Boston area school is significantly impeded by heavy traffic, especially in the evening or with bad weather. So Bentley, Sacred Heart, Army, LIU, and to a lesser extent AIC, HC, add at least an hour just for traffic.
    Travel time is assuming you can AVERAGE... 70 MPH. In the east, you can't. In the Midwest, you can. Tolls are not considered but are also not a small factor.
    LIU was added because AH is not taking BG unless they also take LIU.

Last edited by manurespreader; 12-16-2023, 04:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X