Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA v2.9.1 - BGSU BSU FSU LSSU MSU MTU NMU UST & Special Guests - The Augie Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devildog
    replied
    I think the state of college hockey is concerning, at least for those of us that are fans of the CCHA. The BIG schools and the NCHC have pushed us away and flexed their power via money, and it is hard to blame them because they have no responsibility to our existence. I see the void getting deeper. How does the U.P. recruit quality players when all they can offer is 3000 fans and crappy Flo tv coverage, vs the BIG Ten Network and 10,000+ fans in the stadiums?
    I can see the CCHA auto bid getting removed in the near future, as the power schools continue to take control, but I have to admit my gloom comes out of a poor performance this year by my NMU Wildcats.
    Can the CCHA survive without the possibility of contending for a Championship? I just don't see it getting any better. I am really looking for someone to tell me I am wrong and there are brighter days ahead.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I've noticed two issues with the TV coverage we have in this league. 1. St Thomas overmodulates their audio output. Every other team's volume is pretty close but St Thomas for some unknown reason is always a lot louder at least until I turn it down. I think this is easily fixed if they choose to. Second, did you ever try to scroll down on the Flo hockey list to find a game? it's impossible to find some of them and I wind up having to use the search function to find games. I really! wish they would segregate games by league or find some other way to make it easier to find the college games.
    Call Learfield

Leave a comment:

• Iwearpurple
    replied
    I've noticed two issues with the TV coverage we have in this league. 1. St Thomas overmodulates their audio output. Every other team's volume is pretty close but St Thomas for some unknown reason is always a lot louder at least until I turn it down. I think this is easily fixed if they choose to. Second, did you ever try to scroll down on the Flo hockey list to find a game? it's impossible to find some of them and I wind up having to use the search function to find games. I really! wish they would segregate games by league or find some other way to make it easier to find the college games.
    It is easier to find games (or replays) on the internet. TV is difficult if not impossible at times.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Yeah surprising to see Mankato not finish on all those PP's. They got one, however 6 PP in a game is too many chances
    Still not crazy about this Tech team, Mankato had so many chances in the O zone that Tech gets beat on. Need to tighten up and not let the opposition get body position so easy down low
    Last edited by Puckstopper467; 02-10-2024, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Well, one thing is for sure after last night. Mankato can no longer say the refs cost them the win. Because the refs took their complaints to heart big time. I saw quite a number of uncalled Mankato penalties. Now sure, Tech did all those things they were called for, but geesh!

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    So this might affect us. https://www.yahoo.com/news/ncaa-want...010228930.html

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I found out today that all hockey players are Bi-lingual. They know English and Profanity. (It's not mine, I just copied it)

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    I'm wondering how long it will take for our member schools to establish a collective. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources...002044975.html
    BG already has one. https://theziggycollective.com/

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I'm wondering how long it will take for our member schools to establish a collective. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources...002044975.html

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I watched all the games. It's not a huge difference, but our teams just were that small amount not as good.

If you all haven't listened to this week's USCHO spotlight podcast about the portal, you should it's important. And you know if coaches are even a little bit asleep about it, their program will fall behind. Unfortunately, it's going to cost more money.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    surprised for sure with the LSSU scores, did not see the St Thomas games. and Ferris continues to be just bad year after year

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Pretty disappointing tournament showing for the CCHA overall. I mean St Thomas? That wasn't even close in either game. LSS couldn't win one, Ferris I didn't expect to, So overall not all that great. Are we really this bad? Is Vermont really that good? I thought we'd at least get a few wins.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

As a clarification, I now see the smiley face I inserted at the end of both my statements did not get displayed. My statements were meant in jest, not to be taken seriously.
    Yeah, message boards are woefully outdated in the emoji category

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Lighten up. Its ok to have some fun.
    As a clarification, I now see the smiley face I inserted at the end of both my statements did not get displayed. My statements were meant in jest, not to be taken seriously.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X