Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA v2.9.1 - BGSU BSU FSU LSSU MSU MTU NMU UST & Special Guests - The Augie Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    That is great, as I hear it a lot in the hockey world that LSSU does not offer MBA programs. big recruiting hurdle with older players

Leave a comment:

• lakersparty
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Thank you for the clarification, I thought you were saying Mankato won the portal and Ferris lost; I didn't catch you were predicting next season's standings.

FWIW, Lake Superior doesn't have a grad program and Ferris' grad programs aren't very wide ranging so those two schools will always see graduate-eligible players moving on, especially those with Covid eligibility remaining.
    LSSU just added an MBA program starting 2024-25, the first grad program they’ve had in some time. Not sure if it makes any difference in anything hockey related but it’s something.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Great point. Just having some fun with it. I do lean to Mankato so little bias. Huge CCHA fan

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Thank you for the clarification, I thought you were saying Mankato won the portal and Ferris lost; I didn't catch you were predicting next season's standings.

FWIW, Lake Superior doesn't have a grad program and Ferris' grad programs aren't very wide ranging so those two schools will always see graduate-eligible players moving on, especially those with Covid eligibility remaining.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    and my Nephew played at MSU.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    I like the make up of MSU with returning players and incoming! and well Ferris is Ferris.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
    I have looked at the portal and teams, can rank as season gets closer. This I can say for the CCHA Minnesota State #1, and Ferris last place (AGAIN)
    Curious, what criteria did you use to rank Mankato 1 and Ferris 9?

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    I have looked at the portal and teams, can rank as season gets closer. This I can say for the CCHA Minnesota State #1, and Ferris last place (AGAIN)

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
    Huge respect for new BG coach retaining the prior coaching staff, these guys have done a great job recruiting and handling situations.
    Not losing any players even though other schools were contacting them while not in the portal makes a statement. With Williams staying in Everett to see them through their playoffs, it just makes sense for this upcoming season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a change after the season. Then again, if it's a good year, it wouldn't surprise me to see this staff stay whole either.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I wish the uscho staff had written some sort of article about the effects of paying the players on college hockey. Kind of hard to ignore, but they are doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Huge respect for new BG coach retaining the prior coaching staff, these guys have done a great job recruiting and handling situations.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

I've got news for you - Minnesota isn't the exclusive home of top recruits anymore. This year's U-18 team had only 8 of 26 players from Minnesota, and only 6 of 24 from the U-17 team. There will always be good players there, but the elite/title winner talent is going other places because they don't have a home state attachment. St. Thomas had a great time beating up on D3 schools with zero budget because they could thumb the scale, that's not going to happen as easily when they are a full D1. NO matter how nice their new rink is, North Dakota has better facilities. Denver has more tradition and pro connections. The Nacho will still struggle for exposure no matter how good the conference remains. Just being the best non-Gopher school is no rubber stamp to success. Again, let's see what happens in your ten year timeframe.
    The state of Minnesota has the most D1 college hockey players in the country by a large margin. Let's Play Hockey Article All the Minnesota schools don't need to recruit the USNDT as many of them only play college for one or two years. Locally I hear more people who went to UST than I do UND or DU so Minnesota kids don't historically want to leave for Grand Forks or Denver both of the schools recruit more Canadians. IMO, many college hockey fans don't really know how big of a brand UST is in Minnesota they will be just fine. What's going to change college hockey forever will be NIL and adding CHL players which will change my prediction.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied

The Nacho will still struggle for exposure no matter how good the conference remains. Just being the best non-Gopher school is no rubber stamp to success. Again, let's see what happens in your ten year timeframe.
    I'm curious, not implying you are wrong, just wondering what your basis is for the exposure struggle statement. Is it east coast bias, east coast conferences & B1G get more exposure than CCHA and NCHC or just NCHC or ???? Is exposure defined as more press releases, news stories or ? Again just curious on your take.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Hey Boomer thanks for finally giving us your opinion and getting a spine. Anyway UST are in the number hockey market in the country with the most players to recruit from also number one in the country. Minnesota kids will always pick the Gophers first but adding St. Thomas to the mix means kids don't have to leave home and instead can play in front of Mommy and Daddy, it's a huge edge over everybody else. I see the rankings going like this Minnesota, St. Thomas, Duluth, St. Cloud, Mankato and BSU in that order. So I see within 10 years the other Minnesota schools on the decline.
    I've got news for you - Minnesota isn't the exclusive home of top recruits anymore. This year's U-18 team had only 8 of 26 players from Minnesota, and only 6 of 24 from the U-17 team. There will always be good players there, but the elite/title winner talent is going other places because they don't have a home state attachment. St. Thomas had a great time beating up on D3 schools with zero budget because they could thumb the scale, that's not going to happen as easily when they are a full D1. NO matter how nice their new rink is, North Dakota has better facilities. Denver has more tradition and pro connections. The Nacho will still struggle for exposure no matter how good the conference remains. Just being the best non-Gopher school is no rubber stamp to success. Again, let's see what happens in your ten year timeframe.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

You made the outlandish claim, slappy. I've seen enough college hockey to know that you don't just buy success. Otherwise Penn State would have national championships already. It's going to take a lot of decline from other places for your prediction to come true, and that's something completely out of their control. Forget my spine, you have zero brain.
    Hey Boomer thanks for finally giving us your opinion and getting a spine. Anyway UST are in the number hockey market in the country with the most players to recruit from also number one in the country. Minnesota kids will always pick the Gophers first but adding St. Thomas to the mix means kids don't have to leave home and instead can play in front of Mommy and Daddy, it's a huge edge over everybody else. I see the rankings going like this Minnesota, St. Thomas, Duluth, St. Cloud, Mankato and BSU in that order. So I see within 10 years the other Minnesota schools on the decline.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X