Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA v2.9.1 - BGSU BSU FSU LSSU MSU MTU NMU UST & Special Guests - The Augie Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you cannot beat Miami then well how good can you be.

Comment

CCHA is 5-6 and 1 so far in non conf games, am I right? and three of those losses are by one team.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        CCHA is 5-6 and 1 so far in non conf games, am I right? and three of those losses are by one team.
        https://www.collegehockeynews.com/re...-interconf.php
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

St. Thomas is now looking to build an on-campus arena.

”I am excited to share we are now focusing efforts to bring hockey to campus. We've said from the start we would examine every option to find a solution to best suit the university's needs. After exploring multiple off-campus sites, we can confidently say a new on-campus home for hockey is the best path forward. This arena will operate as a multipurpose facility that serves as an asset for our entire campus by offering student life and community engagement opportunities, in addition to serving as a home for our men's and women's hockey programs.

“South campus is the likely destination for such a facility, and earlier this month we issued a formal request for proposal (RFP) to invite prospective design-build partners to submit for the opportunity to bring this to life. We will receive these proposals soon and expect to select our partner by semester's end to keep the process moving. More information will be shared as available.”

https://tommiesports.com/news/2022/1...eral-test.aspx

Comment

I went to buy tickets at BG for the MTU vs BG series in early November. Tickets were reasonable but the on line ticket fees were exorbitant. Instead of multiple tickets on multiple nights, I bought 1 single ticket and only because the Tech alum are hosting an event beforehand. I might still go to the box office but there is no way i'm paying 15 dollars or more in fees on a 24 dollar ticket. NFW.

Comment

I went to buy tickets at BG for the MTU vs BG series in early November. Tickets were reasonable but the on line ticket fees were exorbitant. Instead of multiple tickets on multiple nights, I bought 1 single ticket and only because the Tech alum are hosting an event beforehand. I might still go to the box office but there is no way i'm paying 15 dollars or more in fees on a 24 dollar ticket. NFW.
              Where did you go to purchase tickets? I just checked BGSUFalcons.com and confirmed a reserved seat next to my dad and me for the Friday night game is $17 plus $2 handling fee.

https://bgsufalcons.evenue.net/cgi-b...bgsu-athletics

Edit: $24 tickets (and up) are usually for premium games such as Ohio State, Notre Dame, Miami State. I don't recall league games being designated as premium games.
              Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 10-20-2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

So I did more research and apparently the link provided by the MTU alumni association was to a third party seller who marks up the tickets tremendously and will not issue refunds. I did buy my friday tickets as you suggested and paid what you said for the exact same location of seat. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

NMU'S new locker room:

https://youtu.be/bE8x2edxBUc
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

If you didn't watch the goaltending show put on by the two goalies in the BSU vs MTU game saturday night, go back and watch it. Fantastic play by both goalies.

Comment

After BG got creamed by WMU I wrote them off, I guess I shouldn't have. in person they were pretty good. But wow they took a lot of penalties.

Comment

After BG got creamed by WMU I wrote them off, I guess I shouldn't have. in person they were pretty good. But wow they took a lot of penalties.
                        I don't think it's totally unfair to write us off. Glad your ticket thing got resolved.

You may be surprised to learn the following with respect to penalty minutes assessed against both teams this weekend (I had to do the math for the Pick 'Em). Wow, Tech takes a lot of penalties ;-)

Game Team PIM
                        Fri BG 20
                        Tech 18
                        Sat BG 15
                        Tech 16

Comment

Well, when the CCHA wants to play Shinny instead of real hockey.

Comment

BG is 41st in penalty minutes.

Comment

We have some ultra important non con games coming up. Bg vs OSU, Ferris vs Michigan State, Tech vs WMU and also Tech might have a chance at BU which would be the only HE game so far this year I think. It would be real big to beat a HE team.

Comment

A couple has donated $75 million to St. Thomas to build an on-campus hockey and basketball arena.

https://www.twincities.com/2023/01/1...arena-facility

Comment

Working...
                                X