Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA v2.9.1 - BGSU BSU FSU LSSU MSU MTU NMU UST & Special Guests - The Augie Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Perry Laskaris named CCHA's Director of Strategic Communications and Brand Advancement"

https://ccha.com/news/2022/8/22/mens...vancement.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
      "Perry Laskaris named CCHA's Director of Strategic Communications and Brand Advancement"

https://ccha.com/news/2022/8/22/mens...vancement.aspx
      I thought Dominic did a very good job launching the league. Big shoes to fill. Go get 'em, Perry!

Comment

"Viking Men’s Hockey to Face Notre Dame in 2023"

https://goaugie.com/news/2022/8/16/m...e-in-2023.aspx

Comment

So anyone know why Dominic is no longer there?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            https://ccha.com/news/2022/7/7/dominic-hennig.aspx
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Moving to Kitchener is like moving to Mankato. It's not terrible, but still. Or maybe like Utica NY. Sorry Utica.

Comment

Although the OHL is in direct competition with the NCAA for recruits, most would regard the OHL, or Canadian Juniors in general, the more traditional path to the NHL over the NCAA (if an NHL level job is the ultimate career goal). Whether that perception is real, the OHL is one of the "professional" paths to the NHL whereas the NCAA is considered the "amateur" path. However looking at recent NHL drafts, the NCAA is closing the gap to Canadian Juniors in terms of who can land / develop top NHL prospects. Also the gig with the Kitchener Rangers includes "hockey operations" where as the job with the CCHA is more inline with an SID/PR/HR position.
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

For all you fans who think you'd like to go to a game at asu. Phoenix weather is high of 105 today and the high will not go below 100 for about a week. top high on tuesday at 108. enjoy that. its living in a blast furnace.

Comment

For all you fans who think you'd like to go to a game at asu. Phoenix weather is high of 105 today and the high will not go below 100 for about a week. top high on tuesday at 108. enjoy that. its living in a blast furnace.
                    It’s a dry heat.

Comment

Games don't start for over a month. Average daytime highs drop from about 94 Oct 1st to about 82 by Oct 31st, and the average daytime high is 70 by the end of November. So...

I'll also add that my wife and I spent a week in Phoenix around the 4th of July. It was about 105 every day. I'll take Phoenix 105 over the Midwest 90 + humidity ANY day.
                      Last edited by moose97; 09-03-2022, 10:05 PM.
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Moving to Kitchener is like moving to Mankato. It's not terrible, but still. Or maybe like Utica NY. Sorry Utica.
                        Have you ever been to Kitchener?? You're not even close in your comparison.
                        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

It’s a dry heat.
                          And -20 with 50 mph winds in houghton is a dry cold

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Games don't start for over a month. Average daytime highs drop from about 94 Oct 1st to about 82 by Oct 31st, and the average daytime high is 70 by the end of November. So...

I'll also add that my wife and I spent a week in Phoenix around the 4th of July. It was about 105 every day. I'll take Phoenix 105 over the Midwest 90 + humidity ANY day.
                            During summer construction work, would start at 5 AM, it'd be 100 F at 10 AM, get done by 1:30, go to Thomas Mall - only public ice rink in town back then, get a pitcher of beer, lay out on the ice making "ice angels" to cool off.......

Comment

Originally posted by model94 View Post

And -20 with 50 mph winds in houghton is a dry cold
                              Working outside at -10F and no wind is far more tolerable than 20F with 10mph wind.

Comment

This morning I went to the FSU site to see how their game vs Miami went and when I clicked the video link it took me to the NCHC site. That was a shock.!

Ferris is going to be good this year. Watch out for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X