Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCHA v2.9.1 - BGSU BSU FSU LSSU MSU MTU NMU UST & Special Guests - The Augie Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckstopper467
    replied
    Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Mitch Deelstra (F) from Ferris, Jack Perbix (F) from Western & Jeppe Urup Morgenson (D) from SHU
    Thank You Sir - all really good pick ups

Leave a comment:

• nodak651
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

** 3 unnamed schools are doing feasibility assessments. I doubt they are in the CCHA footprint, but it is possible.
    You have a source for that by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Major View Post

Why not play two games of the NMU/MTU rivalry as non conference, and the CCHA keep its current 26 game sched? That way the other 9 teams can schedule an extra NC series...or not.
    Just rechecked my math on that. Works for an eight team conference, not a nine or ten team conference. My mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    All of this ignores the Summit League possibility of UST leaving. All this is far more complicated than any of us can speculate on.
    If that happens, that blows a huge hole in any East/West CCHA planning, unless...
    • ASU? and an unknown school (Lindenwood?) are being considered
    • Miami to CCHA happens and an unknown school** in the Eastern Michigan/Ohio end of things is a possibility. MTU and NMU end up in the "west".
    Personally I don't like any of those options, but that is the path the CCHA seems to currently be on.

*I have no knowledge of anything, just the usual SWAG.

** 3 unnamed schools are doing feasibility assessments. I doubt they are in the CCHA footprint, but it is possible.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    All of this ignores the Summit League possibility of UST leaving. All this is far more complicated than any of us can speculate on.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkTrainPolka
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

One would think this might be a little better set-up IF Miami to CCHA happens

MTU X NMU
    LSSU x FSU
    BG X MU
    (Any combination of the following 4 would work.)
    MSU x AU
    BSU x UST
    that means that besides the two MTU x NMU series, all other teams would be playing six games against each other. which could work i guess...

or keep the second MTU x NMU as non conference.

choices, choices, choices...

it will be a busy off season, that's for sure...

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

So NMU and MTU get a nice little short trip, while the other teams all get long a** hauls for travel........
    Why not play two games of the NMU/MTU rivalry as non conference, and the CCHA keep its current 26 game sched? That way the other 9 teams can schedule an extra NC series...or not.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied

So NMU and MTU get a nice little short trip, while the other teams all get long a** hauls for travel........
    One would think this might be a little better set-up IF Miami to CCHA happens

MTU X NMU
    LSSU x FSU
    BG X MU
    (Any combination of the following 4 would work.)
    MSU x AU
    BSU x UST

Leave a comment:

• DrunkTrainPolka
    replied

true... we get lucky in that scenario. but the rivalry calls for it...

but note that BSU also gets to visit these five teams (NMU, LSSU, FSU, BGSU, & MU) only three times per season.

if ASU joins, and not MU, then MTU heads east. 26 games (4 x 4 & 5 x 2)... but then BSU, MSU, AU, and UST have to get to arizona...

chances of ASU joining the CCHA? boy... if MU does not want out (or doesn't get kicked out), i can maybe see it happening temporarily. but i highly doubt it...

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
    ASU joining the CCHA will be addressed at the summer meetings. I think it's closer to reality than a lot of people realize. NCHC doesn't want them or it would have happened already.
    In that case, the east/west breakdown would still work and the Tech/Northern rivalry would be maintained with 26 league games and a plethora of playoff possibilities:

CCHA Legend Division (the oCCHA as it existed in 1981-1984)
    BGSU
    FSU
    LSSU
    MTU
    NMU

CCHA Leaders Division (the oWCHA plus the newbies)
    AU
    ASU
    BSU
    MNST
    UST

That leaves zero room for Miami State to join the CCHA. LOL. It also means BG/Ferris make only two yearly trips to the Minnesota area plus one trip the the desert every other year (BG and Ferris are travel partners; one year BG goes to AU/UST, the next BSU/MNST/ASU while Ferris does the opposite). That seems doable. Still not a fan of adding that 9th team and causing this situation, but Lucia never asked for my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

hello...

i think that ASU joining the NACHO and MU joining the CCHA is inevitable. rumor was that FSU and BGSU did not want AU. so to balance things out, MU comes in...

you don't have to run the numbers for distances (but i did) to break the CCHA into two regions as shown above.

however the MTU x NMU rivalry needs to be preserved - it's the biggest one.

so you end up playing two series against one team on the other region...

MTU x NMU
    BSU x FSU
    MU x UST
    AU x LSSU
    MSU x BGSU

or

MTU x NMU
    BSU x FSU
    MU x MSU
    AU x BGSU
    UST x LSSU

i like that first option better... having rico come back to MU as an opponent would be great. and MSU and BGSU seem to have some beef...

for the 10 teams, that would be a total of 28 games (4 x 5 & 2 x 4) that's one more series than we are currently playing with eight teams.

but i know nothing... i know that.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Welcome to more re-alignment speculation.

Where does ASU ends up? When will Miami leave the NCHC? How long with LSSU survive? What are the independents going to do? Who are the 3 unnamed schools looking to add D1 hockey?

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

hello...

i think that ASU joining the NACHO and MU joining the CCHA is inevitable. rumor was that FSU and BGSU did not want AU. so to balance things out, MU comes in...

you don't have to run the numbers for distances (but i did) to break the CCHA into two regions as shown above.

MTU x NMU
    BSU x FSU
    MU x UST
    AU x LSSU
    MSU x BGSU

or

MTU x NMU
    BSU x FSU
    MU x MSU
    AU x BGSU
    UST x LSSU

i like that first option better... having rico come back to MU as an opponent would be great. and MSU and BGSU seem to have some beef...

for the 10 teams, that would be a total of 28 games (4 x 5 & 2 x 4) that's one more series than we are currently playing with eight teams.

ASU joining the CCHA will be addressed at the summer meetings. I think it's closer to reality than a lot of people realize. NCHC doesn't want them or it would have happened already.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkTrainPolka
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    I’d be surprised if Miami left the Nachos so I think Wodon is engaging in a thought experiment. However, if this does have legs, one approach would be:

CCHA East
    BGSU
    FSU
    LSSU
    MU
    NMU

CCHA West
    AU
    BSU
    MNST
    MTU
    UST

Two series against division teams, one series each against division crossover teams for 26 league games. Lots of playoff options. One problem is the league’s biggest rivalry gets watered down.
    hello...

MTU x NMU
    BSU x FSU
    MU x UST
    AU x LSSU
    MSU x BGSU

or

MTU x NMU
    BSU x FSU
    MU x MSU
    AU x BGSU
    UST x LSSU

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post

The addition of Augustana before they ever put a skate on the ice pretty much throws any argument of not becoming WCHA 2.0, and complaints of travel, out the window. We'll see what happens with Arizona State this summer. Hopefully, the best hope is to end up with an East and West sub-conference for scheduling.
    Being greedy, I'd much rather see ASU as team #10. That also preserves NMU/MTU in an eastern division over adding Miami.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X